• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Fjordson

Current credits via KTT. Rest of the site can't load so I can't verify myself where they got this from or this is all from iTunes.

ON SIGHT
prod. Daft Punk

BLACK SKINHEAD
prod. Daft Punk, Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (add.)

I AM A GOD (feat. Justin Vernon)
prod. Daft Punk, Hudson Mohawke (co.), Kanye West (co.), Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (add.), Rick Rubin (add.)

NEW SLAVES (feat. Frank Ocean)
prod. Daft Punk, Travi$ Scott (co.), Hudson Mohawke (co.), Mike Dean (co.), Kanye West (add.)

HOLD MY LIQUOR (feat. Chief Keef & Justin Vernon)
prod. Young Chop, Mike Dean (co.), Arca (add.), Rick Rubin (add.)

I'M IN IT (feat. Justin Vernon)
prod. RZA, Travi$ Scott (add.), Mike Dean (add.)

BLOOD ON THE LEAVES (feat. Tony Williams)
prod. TNGHT, Kanye West (co.), Mike Dean (add.)

GUILT TRIP (feat. Kid Cudi)
prod. Symbolyc One, Arca (co.), Travi$ Scott (co.), Mike Dean (co.), Ackeejuice Rockers (co.)

SEND IT UP (feat. King L & iamsu)
prod. Gesaffelstein, Arca (co.), Daft Punk (co.), Hudson Mohawke (add.)

BOUND (feat. Charlie Wilson)
prod. Kanye West, No I.D., Symbolyc One (co.) The Heatmakerz (co.), Rick Rubin (add.)
So Rza did work on this?? Wow, interesting.

And the Daft Punk songs other than Black Skinhead are all among my favourites on the record. They saved their best shit for Ye I guess (cause RAM bored me to tears).

andymcc

Banned
this is an amazing record.

2013 is such a stacked year musically and this is probably my favorite. a new my bloody valentine record even released this year.

Bowser

I'm not as partial to LR as most, but I recognize it's greatness. For me, after about 3 listens through Y, here's how I'd go:

CD > LR > Y > MBDTF > G = 808s

MBDTF is not that good, Graduation is even more mediocre. LR is great though. If you have MBDTF higher than College Dropout you don't really like Kanye West the rapper, but only in his Dr. Dre role.

If you have College Dropout higher than MBDTF, you don't really like Kanye West the music artist, but Roc-A-Fella early 2000s era pop songs

DominoKid

MBDTF is not that good, Graduation is even more mediocre. LR is great though. If you have MBDTF higher than College Dropout you don't really like Kanye West the rapper, but only in his Dr. Dre role.

these days i listen to the first Freshman Adjustment more than Dropout. Dropout just sounds off to me now.

college dropout
yeezus
808s
LR
graduation
MBDTF

MBDTF was just too damn bloated but had one of the best packaging ever so i dont regret buying it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MBDTF is the most thematically cohesive piece of anything Ye has put out, with an eclectic collection of sounds that just come together because of how strong the theme is and how grand it all is. And it's the most lyrical Ye has ever been, far, far ahead of the much more cheesy raps in TCD. TCD might be more relatable to folks though because MBDTF deals with more specifics and TCD is just a collection of a bunch of "real" songs. The influence and how much more groundbreaking TCD was is the primary thing that let's it be in contention with MBDTF. MBDTF has the least rough edges of any of his albums except 808s and it's the most carefully crafted of all of them.

This is pre-Yeezus. No idea how Yeezus fits into all of this. I feel it's a bit scatterbrain when it comes to the lyrics.

Fry

Not sure what to think, so far.

I like it. I just wish I liked more than I like it right now.

I'm kind of disappointed, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Yado

Bound 2 tho
ibt26P3cunyZ2T.gif

I think it may be my favourite track for now.

cdyhybrid

I don't think Kanye will ever be able to top CD for me personally, because that album dropped at the perfect time in my life and I have too many personal experiences that involve that album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think Kanye will ever be able to top CD for me personally, because that album dropped at the perfect time in my life and I have too many personal experiences that involve that album.
This is me with MBDTF, basically.

I relate WAY too much with that album, and it does slightly exceed how I relate with TCD so naturally I place it above.

I really do think it's worthy of being discussed alongside TCD/LR though. But I'd also rather discussion here just focus on Yeezus lol. Kanye cycle is the most slippery of slopes. Can't we eat together for one day before we go at each other's necks?

I'll give you guys the true rankings

LR>WTT>MBDTF>G>Y>CD>808>CS
the fuck

Top Bottom