• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

skynidas

Banned
It's time for people to accept the fact that Cd had like 5 good songs

8DE8J.gif

Mononoke

Banned
I don't know how I would rank his albums. But for me, MBDTF + CD + LR are in their own category. Graduation is really enjoyable from a production stand point, but it's not as good as those 3. WTT for me was pretty mediocre.

808s is hard to rank, because I actually really like it. Have no idea where i would put it. I like it more than WTT *ducks* Need more listens to Yeezus before I even come to a consensus. I enjoyed aspects of it after two listens, but I'm not in love with every thing...yet.

Fry

I Am A God is really good, but the screams are really lame.

'I just talked to Jesus, he said What up Yeezus. I said shit I'm chillin, trying to stack these millions' so good.

On Site is great, but too short. New Slaves is godly, but the live version is better because it has more aggressiveness. Black Skinhead is perfect.

Blood on the Leaves is overrated-ish, but good. Still digesting the rest.

Vman

WTT Has to many good songs to not be near the top. Thats my bitch, New day, No church in the wild, primetime (bonus), otis, gotta have it, Who gone stop me, Murder to the excellence, Why i love you. Illest motherfucker alive is a bonus track for god sakes. that album is amazing and full of hits.

CD on the other hand has all falls down, jesus walks, never let me down, new workout plan, slow jamz and my favorite kanye song ever last call. SO actually thats six good songs but thats still 6/21

through the wire is okay but i just dont like it

BobDylan

Finished the first listening of it and it's pretty aggressive but I like it. I can't possibly dislike an artist who is able to cover so much ground. It didn't hit me like mbdtf did the first run through but it's not an album that I will only listen to a few times and be done with it. Bound is fucking majestic though. Fuck.

Nori Chan

I refuse to hear the leak. I will not wait until this is in my iPhone, I'm locked in a room with no interruption. But a close friend of mine said that if you listen to about 75% hip-hop/rap in your music taste, then Yeezus is not for you.

Here's my rankings gaf and tell me if I will enjoy Yeezus

G=MBDTF>LR>CD>808

and keep in mind I liked 808s too :(

cdyhybrid

I refuse to hear the leak. I will not wait until this is in my iPhone, I'm locked in a room with no interruption. But a close friend of mine said that if you listen to about 75% hip-hop/rap in your music taste, then Yeezus is not for you.

Here's my rankings gaf and tell me if I will enjoy Yeezus

CD=MBDTF>LR>CD>808

and keep in mind I liked 808s too :(

It's very raw and aggressive. It's not like any of his previous stuff. Do you like metal or electronic music?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The stannery in this thread is sickening.
It's leak day and so you decide to walk into a room full of people enjoying something and shit on the rug.

Not saying you can't have your opinion, but honestly, what do you (or anyone who has done something similar) expect when it's an artist of this magnitude and notoriety? Come on, you gotta have better judgement than that.

Top Bottom