• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

Bowser

So...

1. Black Skinhead
2. New Slaves
3. I'm In It
4. Blood on The Leaves
5. On Sight
6. Bound 2
7. I Am A God
8. Hold My Liquor
9. Guilt Trip
10. Send it Up

For me:

1. Blood On The Leaves
2. New Slaves
3. Black Skinhead
4. Bound 2
5. Send It Up
6. On Sight
7. I Am A God
8. Guilt Trip
9. I'm In It
10. Hold My Liquor

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I know people are slamming Born Sinner but I will still be happy to get my deluxe in the mail on tuesday.

R9zgoIu.gif

well shit.

I think every song is good now.

the hell is going on....

The screams on I am God is still lame...I'll just move on as it reaches the end then..

Send it Up makes me want to punch a wall...shit bangs.

fuck it.

This shit goes.

BIGWORM

well shit.

the hell is going on....

The screams on I am God is still lame...I'll just move on as it reaches the end then..

fuck it.

This shit goes.

It's gone, came back, then left again.

Bowser

well shit.

the hell is going on....

fuck it.

This shit goes.

Agreed with this, I would like it a lot more without them.

Also, am I the only one who kinda sorta doesn't like the outro on New Slaves? I feel like the beat and verses are so raw and hard and then it goes into this Frank Ocean singing stuff...I almost wish it was a separate track or something.

spock

People don't really understand how ambitious this ish really is in that its a mainstream bigger budget album that tackles all the aspects of the underground that scares the average mcdonalds rap listener. I expect people to throw their preorders away, never listen to them again. This shit is too raw for them. I don't even give a fuck about the half baked message of this album. Sonically though, it's undeniably POWERFUL whether you like it or not. I haven't internalized a single lyric from this joint.

I salute Kanye for not only making a great album but trolling the fuck out of old dusty heads. Thabiz probably fuming right now.

On point. I'm curious to how this is going to be receptive. Kudos Kanye willing to go where he did with the album. Other have sorta tried but never got the balance right, which I think he did. Feels like its opening things up abit without crossing the point to where things get corny.

People don't really understand how ambitious this ish really is in that its a mainstream bigger budget album that tackles all the aspects of the underground that scares the average mcdonalds rap listener. I expect people to throw their preorders away, never listen to them again. This shit is too raw for them. I don't even give a fuck about the half baked message of this album. Sonically though, it's undeniably POWERFUL whether you like it or not. I haven't internalized a single lyric from this joint.

I salute Kanye for not only making a great album but trolling the fuck out of old dusty heads. Thabiz probably fuming right now.

You wear your pretentiousness on your sleeve don't you? Just for the record I really liked my first listen through

Won't be able to make a song list for at least a week. C'mon fam you gotta let it linger for a bit.
On Sight is an early standout though.
Really diggin Blood on the Leaves, reminds me of 808s. Bound 2 is also good. And Hold my Liquor is fine, at the very least Keef didn't ruin the song, he was actually used fine.

edit: also great post by Esch, and I agree, people won't be ready. They'll either love it or hate it.

rdrr gnr

Damn. First impressions are disappointing. I've had Like Clockwork on repeat for days. Want something new and I'm not sure this is going to do it. I feel like this type of sound is over Ye's head and his features/samples aren't able to backpack the rest of the album. I'll give it a few more listens later.

Top Bottom