• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents Yeezus |OT| #YeezySeason Approaches

these backing synths on Can't Hold My Liquor.

Good loooooord. I'm getting flashbacks of Pacino shooting DeNiro in Heat and walking up to his body. I don't know why that scene sprung to mind of all things though.

I kinda want to play this album and watch some Argento movies on mute.

Blair

Banned
I know an album is good when after i listen i jump straight into ol' fruity loops and try to make similar sounding beats.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I like Keef on Hold My Liquor. Kinda reminds me of Future on Pain. I think that's what Kanye was trying to recreate. It sounds (in the literal sense) weak, vulnerable, and all that. Bolstered by Justin Vernon's vocals, it sounds cool especially w/the beat.

I like Keef on Hold My Liquor. Kinda reminds me of Future on Pain. I think that's what Kanye was trying to recreate. It sounds (in the literal sense) weak, vulnerable, and all that. Bolstered by Justin Vernon's vocals, it sounds cool especially w/the beat.

forreal. I was hoping Keef would go future on us for this song and he did it.

reKon

Banned
I mean J Cole already lost when he released ambien in the form of an album, that shit got ethered by Kanye's two SNL performances alone but now that we have the entire thing. Jesus Christ, go home Cole.

alright chill out bro, his album was still solid. There's no doubt you are hating so hard that I can't take you seriously

Gawge

On Sight needs to be played at least three times in a row every time.

Bound 2 needs to be played about 50 times before you can get a handle on it, but you know it is awesome from the very first time you hear it.

grkazan12

I know that not every song was produced by Ye and instead executive produced, but after hearing this I think Ye should definitely score a movie ala Daft Punk,M83,Chemical Brothers.

Bowser

real talk this album is booty sweat

it's brawl to mbdtf's melee

ugh

tumblr_lqo69epLZW1qba0x7.jpg

Mistle

Man I am loving this. It's so... I don't know.. brutal? Probably not the best worst. Heavy. Dark. Whatever.

The highs are so high. Can't get enough.

I know that not every song was produced by Ye and instead executive produced, but after hearing this I think Ye should definitely score a movie ala Daft Punk,M83,Chemical Brothers.

Kanye West for James Bond theme song

Kanye West should also do the soundtrack for a Michael Mann movie.

solarus

alright chill out bro, his album was still solid. There's no doubt you are hating so hard that I can't take you seriously
Clearly i hit a nerve there, nothing wrong with stating what i feel. Many people have said the same thing already in this thread, chill out.
#bornloser

I think if he scored a movie it would be very Tarentino-esque.. Also the Omega sample at the end of New Slaves is some uplifting shit and belongs in a movie.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

"Heard at normal levels, “Yeezus” becomes an illuminating counterpoint to “Random Access Memories,” the new album by the French duo Daft Punk. (They are friends of West’s, and worked on several of his new songs.) “Random Access Memories” is a celebration of music that Daft Punk loved as kids, a reconstruction of the pop landscape of the late seventies, when albums were often lush and used detail to soothe and entertain. “Yeezus” is also technically breathtaking, but it has the opposite effect: its many flashes are the sonic equivalent of interrogation lamps, not disco balls. “Yeezus” charges out of the gate, sometimes switching sounds and textures without bothering to maintain tempo, then jerking back into position and rattling forward. There’s very little fat. “Yeezus” is a fiercely edited, assaultive, and noisy work, concerned less with grandeur than with intensity. It doesn’t sound like anything else on the charts."

Perfectly put.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Ye is one of the most qualified producers to score a movie. Would be worth it for the middle finger to Quincy Jones alone.

I think Ye would be up for it too.

Larson

Banned
I cant wait to hear it tomorrow. I hope he goes back to some CD and Graduation sample style, but judging by what he has released so far i doubt that its going to happend. I just want my old Kanye back! So for the people that have heard it, how is it?

Mistle

I love the album so this is just a small nitpick, but does anybody else wish Kanye got as intense vocally on the albums as he does live? Just one example is in New Slaves, around the "fuck you and your hampton house" part. Live he yells it with heaps of passion, but on the album it's just like a slightly raised voice.

I think if he let loose in the studio a bit more, he could take these songs to the next level. Same goes for the delivery of Black Skinhead.

Top Bottom