• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
So what you're saying is that Kim needs to divorce him and take all his money? Then we get hot Ye tracks for years?

qD6Jg6g.png
qD6Jg6g.png
qD6Jg6g.png
qD6Jg6g.png

real shit, I'm waiting for that divorce album.
sorry ye.

:(

Why is that so funny...lol

It's like asking who this M&M is that came out with that awesome song The Real Slim Shady.

You're being roasted for misspelling hahaha. Mild roasting in fact. You should see what happens at KTT...

Dude had a whole analysis of FSMH parts 1 and 2, but wrote "Father Shake My Hands". Game over for him lolol couldn't live it down poor guy.

Ashhong

It's like asking who this M&M is that came out with that awesome song The Real Slim Shady.

You're being roasted for misspelling hahaha. Mild roasting in fact. You should see what happens at KTT...

Dude had a whole analysis of FSMH parts 1 and 2, but wrote "Father Shake My Hands". Game over for him lolol couldn't live it down poor guy.

Oh....I missed an S lol. Woops

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Ye's already in a kinda crazy mindset. I really don't and wouldn't wish that on him, the potential fight for the kids may break the dude. :(

Yeah you right. I don't want to see kanye running from police in a white bronco.

nib95

Banned
Some hip hop heads have been grilling the album for being lyrically inconsistent, but isn't that like every Ye album ever? He's never been consistent with his bars, and in terms of lyrical poignancy, all his albums tend to move between poor, average, good and very good. I don't know why people are acting like TLOP breaks from the mould in that regard.

The main difference I find with TLOP is that there's simply less Ye on it than past work, but the meat and bones of it is in the beats and production, and extracting the maximum out of collaborations, not unlike his last few album's.

That new song he did during Yo Gotti's release party was great. I want more of that Kanye, much much more. Perhaps on the summer album? Nah, no expectations. Don't even believe it's coming this year at all. Let's be realistic here.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That new song he did during Yo Gotti's release party was great. I want more of that Kanye, much much more. Perhaps on the summer album? Nah, no expectations. Don't even believe it's coming this year at all. Let's be realistic here.
Ye is woke. We're just witnessing the beginning of the Great Journey

420e8b2e8c.png

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Holy shit that picture gets me every time^^^

Malik Yusef said its on that album.

Ashhong

Some hip hop heads have been grilling the album for being lyrically inconsistent, but isn't that like every Ye album ever? He's never been consistent with his bars, and in terms of lyrical poignancy, all his albums tend to move between poor, average, good and very good. I don't know why people are acting like TLOP breaks from the mould in that regard.

The main difference I find with TLOP is that there's simply less Ye on it than past work, but the meat and bones of it is in the beats and production, and extracting the maximum out of collaborations, not unlike his last few album's.

To be fair, CD and LR were pretty consistent. Right now I can't think of a single bad bar on CD. Graduation was ok, MBDTF was still pretty consistent. Yeezus really ruined him, lyrically.

Holy shit that picture gets me every time^^^

Malik Yusef said its on that album.

That's cool. It's a great track and shows he can still do that. Hopefully the new album will have a better balance. More rapper Kanye please.

To be fair, CD and LR were pretty consistent. Right now I can't think of a single bad bar on CD. Graduation was ok, MBDTF was still pretty consistent. Yeezus really ruined him, lyrically.

Exactly. Dude had dope lyrics on those albums and were indeed consistent. I'll never be a big fan of the Yeezus Kanye. The album just doesn't do anything for me.

Kyzer

Banned
I love the album, can't stop going back to listen again. and really, kanye is less of a rapper than he ever has been on this one. It's all about the sound palettes he created and put together, even when he does catch his rap flow sonically. To me, and the way I like music, it makes it a great album. I guess I never really listened to and loved kanye for being a rapper , but he did murder some bars here and there. But I definitely just like listening to the records he puts together. I like his taste basically. I think this is key to understanding why he's such a tastemaker

Man. Imagine Wolves live. With everyone crooning the beginning vocals....

It lead in from Real Friends and the howling would melodically kick in, the crowd slowly joining in...then the Wolves slow building baseline, the higher octaves of the woman piercing the venue.

Chills just thinking about it.

j-wood

Yeah, this is real talk. I think it's because if you really look at the songs on Yeezus, they are just talking about how awesome Ye is, sex, or drinking. Kind of the...cliche stuff if you will.

Meanwhile the other albums covered a much wider range of tops, and therefore can be more creative lyrically. There are only so many ways you can talk about fucking someone or how good pussy is.

Pretty much. The lyrics of Yeezus work well for the type of album it is though. TLOP's bars just leave you wanting better verses and thinking wtf Kanye. Smh at Pusha for saying this was better MBDTF.

This album could've been one of his best because it's so dope sonically, but as it stands, this shit is Graduation-tier tbh.

Top Bottom