• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

Ran rp

Wow, that is quite something.

Didn't think I'd ever hear Bjork on a track with Ye, Drake, Frank Ocean, Vic Mensa, and Sia, but damn. Hope this shit is legit.

Fuck, didn't even think Ye knew who Bjork is. lol, Man, that might means I might one day hear a real Thom Yorke and Kanye track together, not counting that CRS track.

lol @ the idea of Yeezus of all people not knowing who Bjork is

remember this thread? NPD: Adidas' 'Yeezy' collaboration with Kanye West has not paid off

thought it was worth mention that actually relevant 2015 data is starting to come out now

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/adidas-turnaround-nike-under-armour-tayloramade-trouble-220230127.html

"Adidas Group grew 29% over the year before // Adidas brand global sales grew 16% // Adidas brand grew 12% in the U.S. // Adidas (ADDYY) is up 36% in the past year,"

Which isn't to suggest it's because of Kanye... Just that thread was basically saying 'revenue is flat' so 'kanye was a waste.' Which was silly especially since it was based on 2014 data when it was really 2015 where Yeezys blew up on social media which is after the rev was flat in '14. And, anyways, 2015 revenue was far from flat =p Lot of it is the new CEO in general though and I read an article that said Pharrel was a bigger factor.

Didn't want to bump that thread since probably the only people who would be interested read this thread =p

solarus

Wow, that is quite something.

Didn't think I'd ever hear Bjork on a track with Ye, Drake, Frank Ocean, Vic Mensa, and Sia, but damn. Hope this shit is legit.

Fuck, didn't even think Ye knew who Bjork is. lol, Man, that might means I might one day hear a real Thom Yorke and Kanye track together, not counting that CRS track.

Wat ye is a huuuuge music nerd

j-wood

Guys, we are never getting a pablo CD :(

KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 1m1 minute ago
I was thinking about not making CDs ever again... Only streaming

KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 2m2 minutes ago
Uuuuum... hi everybody!

The L's have returned.

Ye. You can't charge people for a theater showing, taking said money, and then not releasing said products. I still don't have my fucking CD or Hoodie, which I paid for. I'm about to contact SEE tickets and ask for a refund at this point.

"the Yeezus album packaging was an open casket to CDs r.i.p" - kanye

kvpaw.gif

remember this thread? NPD: Adidas' 'Yeezy' collaboration with Kanye West has not paid off

thought it was worth mention that actually relevant 2015 data is starting to come out now

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/adidas-turnaround-nike-under-armour-tayloramade-trouble-220230127.html

"Adidas Group grew 29% over the year before // Adidas brand global sales grew 16% // Adidas brand grew 12% in the U.S. // Adidas (ADDYY) is up 36% in the past year,"

Which isn't to suggest it's because of Kanye... Just that thread was basically saying 'revenue is flat' so 'kanye was a waste.' Which was silly especially since it was based on 2014 data when it was really 2015 where Yeezys blew up on social media which is after the rev was flat in '14. And, anyways, 2015 revenue was far from flat =p Lot of it is the new CEO in general though and I read an article that said Pharrel was a bigger factor.

Didn't want to bump that thread since probably the only people who would be interested read this thread =p

It's amazing how much bad analysis is floated out there every day.

KANYE WEST @kanyewest
please avoid trying to talk me out of being me in the future

Sorry for trying to give you money dawg, didn't realize you were happy being broke

M.J. Doja

Banned
I wouldn't mind seeing some album art or having something physical. Already on TIDAL, but I'm already hating this kinda shit from Ye. Real fans gotta suffer.

Catvoca

Banned
"the Yeezus album packaging was an open casket to CDs r.i.p" - kanye

kvpaw.gif

Holy shit it was planned all along!

Seriously I have now problem with him not releasing CD's if he'd just let people buy his album digitally. Although I'm not quite sure why he wouldn't sell CD's, is it really that much work to get them made? He should probably release it on Vinyl too, collectors lap that shit up.

Kaladin

CDs will not be going away for a long time. I don't see him dropping CDs making much of a difference except to remove an option for his fans to buy his music.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Has anyone who preordered had any contact with see tickets or def jam about the preorder. I just want a digital download. Honestly what is going on

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Def Jam/pre-order situation is super fucked up TBH. People should be making noise about this, to at the very least get Ye/Mike Dean/media's attention.

Seriously, people should make a bigger stink about Def Jam not giving refunds. Turn that into a hashtag instead of whatever dumb shit people like to get mad at Kanye about.

Like this whole saga has really soured me on this man. Fuck this dude b

j-wood

If i don't get my hoodie and a digital copy of the album by the end of this week, i'm definitely getting ahold of someone for a refund. That's absurd.

Top Bottom