• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

Boogie9IGN

this is too good
3FTKtjA.gif

we eatin fam

corn_fest

Is 30 Hours sped up now? Maybe I'm just tired but it sounds way faster.
Generally not a fan of the changes since the original Tidal version. Feedback is way worse in particular, and the different parts of Wolves don't flow together well imo.

FZZ

Banned
Freestyle 4 still has that fart noise at the 1 minute mark. Smh.

On Waves did he censor the "she grab my dick" line on Waves lmao. These clearer vocals helped out the track immensely, I like it a lot more now.

Dunno how I feel about this new FML, it'll grow on me probably. Still want that alternate beat with Trav tho.

I like the old Wolves more lol. The transitions just seem off to me, should've just put drums on it Ye. The ad libs around the Mary/Joseph lines are good.

30 Hours sounds the same fam. Then again I never listened to it that much compared to the rest of the album so idk.

Okay dis bass on Fade

Okay dis hard

Okay I got broads in Atlanta

emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif
emot-slick.gif

$20 gross lmfao. Gonna give Kanye till the end of tomorrow to announce the physical, if not imma DL and burn it. I've stayed virgin up till now, the cherry is getting popped in the whip on this.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The leaked CDQ version of Wolves that had Sia & Mensa on it is still the best version of Wolves. This new one is shitty, I hate how quickly Mensa's vocals flow into Sia's on this new one.

Coreda

The leaked CDQ version of Wolves that had Sia & Mensa on it is still the best version of Wolves. This new one is shitty, I hate how quickly Mensa's vocals flow into Sia's on this new one.

Is this like the 10 variant versions of Monsters, or what. Seems to always be fiddling.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Ohhh boy finally up on Google, please tell me the wait was worth it...

Also the cover is slightly different on there.

Should a new thread be made? I mean, the album is officially out now.

That 30 Hours outro is throwing me off, it's a weird decision

Those who bought and got a confirmation email - is your download link in the email? Can't figure out where / how to download it. I even did "show original" in Gmail and it didn't have a URL to a download anywhere in the message contents that I could find.

I got my download link, but several people have had issues with it, you're not alone

I suggest e-mailing help@kanyewest.com with your order ID and ask them about it

also nice profile picture

Daft Bird

I didn't like the new FML choir shit. Also the new verse in Ultralight beam is throwing me off soooo much. Waves, Pt 2, and Freestyle 4 sound better. Saint Pablo is pretty tight, is the weird sound a flute maybe?

NotLiquid

Fuck Saint Pablo leaked? I didn't know it was out either. Anyone got a link?

Edit: nvm, found it on the Kanye subreddit. Can't actually listen right now but I assume it's this
Let me know if I shouldn't link it here and I'll remove the link.

Yeah Xander said discussing it is fine but posting it is not

NotLiquid

Feedback so far is the only objectively worse track in my opinion. I imagine Kanye wanted to make the drop at the chorus be treasured as a bit more "rare" but it comes at the cost of the variety since the track is already incredibly simple. Since it was one of my favorite tracks in spite of it's simplicity this doesn't help much.

The only thing the OG version needed was the updated bass from this new version.

Foshy

i like the new feedback more but i can see people arguing otherwise

father stretch my hands pt 1 was definitely elevated to god tier though

Coreda

Are the changes mentioned above being compared to the Tidal version or some leak? As it would be strange to have differently produced official releases.

NotLiquid

Are the changes mentioned above being compared to the Tidal version or some leak? As it would be strange to have differently produced official releases.

Original Tidal release back in February (when the album was "officially" released).

It's pretty strange but that's how Kanye sees the album - a "living breathing changing creative expression".

Catvoca

Banned
After a full listen of the album with updates, I definitely think it's better overall. Just the mixing on every song sounds cleaner and smoother, which makes a big difference. On a track by track basis I'm not too crazy about the changes though. I don't hate the new Feedback but it doesn't touch the original, "No one can judge" is so out of place it hurts, the FML extra vocals don't add much, the same to FSMH, the Famous line change and beat switch are worse and the 30 hours outro is somehow more annoying. Highlights is the only track I think is way better, the new mix has made me appreciate it a lot more. I guess the Waves vocals are a little better too, as is the re-recorded minister speech thing at the end of ULB. Wolves is good too, but I've liked pretty much every version of Wolves.

So yeah, overall it's a net positive just because the mix is a lot more consistent, but some of the track changes I really don't like.

NotLiquid

Hm, if Feedback showed too much restraint then Wolves shows too little restraint.

The new version is definitely better than the original version but the snares are a little too booming for my tastes, and I dunno. Something about Sia's vocals is kind of off to me near the ending.

Swag

After the new mastering I'd have to say Highlights is the best song on the album, followed by FSMH pt 1, and Waves.

Top Bottom