• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

It's not up on the iTunes Store? Seriously?

Just bought it from the site and I have to wait up to 12 hours for a download code? Are you for real?

Mortemis

Banned
rS89PoE.jpg

Bye bitch

L season is finally over!
Don't worry it'll be back in the summer

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I only liked half the songs in the first place, two of them were Wolves and Feedback. Then they went and made both of those songs worse on this final version that's on Apple Music. No thanks.

NotLiquid

FML, Highlights and Waves are considerable improvements.

I want to say Wolves is a considerable improvement as well but Sia's vocals completely lose their presence during her final lines and the snares are still too bombastic for my tastes.

Feedback is worse but has at least one new thing about it that I like.

Fade... I don't know, am I the only one who feels it's not as good? Maybe I'm missing something but the version I'm listening to on Spotify feels like it has less detail in it than the original version. It's a bit more mellow and better mixed for sure but a lot of the dynamic nuances and effects seem to be absent here. It feels like it's missing something.

Everything else is pretty much QOL improvements as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of which are good. Overall the album is a lot more tighter but I'm not a fan of some changes in several of my favorite tracks.

Never thought I would say this, but Highlights is actually really good now. I hope that's the next single. I like the changes to Waves and FML too.

That ULB change is pretty jarring though. I don't really see why everyone is saying Feedback got nerfed. Maybe I need to listen to both versions back to back.

NotLiquid

Never thought I would say this, but Highlights is actually really good now. I hope that's the next single. I like the changes to Waves and FML too.

That ULB change is pretty jarring though. I don't really see why everyone is saying Feedback got nerfed. Maybe I need to listen to both versions back to back.

It's a simple thing to miss but it's kinda huge when you notice it. The chorus switch that was prevalent in the original version only appears once now which is near the end of the track. It's clearly changed in a matter to savor it's impact but it added some nice flavor to the track which to begin with was incredibly simple and straightforward, and now it's a bit more generic.

On the other hand the bridge has a sick new bass-line to it but it would have been better if that was just added to the original version.

Dre3001

I haven't kept up with all the updates but good thing Kanye put Sia back on Wolves. Also glad I can finally purchase the album on ITunes.

JaseMath

Ultralight Beam and Real Friends are the only standouts in my opinion. No More Parties in LA and Fade are okay.

Album sucks overall.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
What I've heard of the album so far is quite innovative. Not only is it fun to listen to, but interesting.

Catvoca

Banned
Saint Pablo's real good, but it doesn't top I Feel Like in terms of recent Kanye leaks. I Feel Like is a top ten Kanye song contender for me.

All y'all hating on highlights and now you love it SMDH
I was definitely sleeping on it for sure. The new mix does add a lot to it though.

NotLiquid

All y'all hating on highlights and now you love it SMDH

I always loved it. The melody is fantastic. I imagine the people who hated that track didn't like it for the same reason FSMH1 got a lot of shit (corny lyric writing), or because Low Lights was drawn out as far as interludes go.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I always loved it. The melody is fantastic. I imagine the people who hated that track didn't like it for the same reason FSMH1 got a lot of shit (corny lyric writing), or because Low Lights was drawn out as far as interludes go.
Highlights is indeed corny but it's not even in the same realm as that FSMH lyrics good gawd

megalowho

Let my Tidal lapse so last night's release was first time I've heard the changes made in full. Thankfully they're mostly inconsequential, the tracks would have been fine without them and are fine with them. The remastering is more impactful, everything just sounds better.

The one exception is Wolves. Not that I was a huge fan before, it could have used some tinkering but the current version sounds like a patchwork of different takes and approaches. It doesn't flow and it lacks focus, not into it.

Agree with most of the recurring minor complaints (uneven writing, cut Low Lights in half, second half of 30 Hours is nothing) and both Facts and Fade haven't grown on me, but I can't find much fault with anything else. Still a top 3 Kanye album in my book and can see an argument for why it deserves the top spot.

Ferny

Looks like Father Stretch my Hands Pt 1 had a slight change as well as Ultralight beam. Very tiny things but didn't hear them on my last Tidal playthrough.

Ashhong

Should a new thread be made? I mean, the album is officially out now.

That 30 Hours outro is throwing me off, it's a weird decision

The outro doesn't seem different from Tidal, what's different?

I didn't like the new FML choir shit. Also the new verse in Ultralight beam is throwing me off soooo much. Waves, Pt 2, and Freestyle 4 sound better. Saint Pablo is pretty tight, is the weird sound a flute maybe?

And isn't ULB like one new line?

Feedback was the best song on the album, new version sits towards the high middle. Don't wanna skip on a bonafide klassic.

I can't agree with any of this at all

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The outro doesn't seem different from Tidal, what's different?

There's definitely one part in the adlib where he makes his ad libbing match up with the beat in a way it didn't in the original. Its a weird change when compared to original, but someone listening fresh or who didn't listen to the OG version much it probably sounds pretty normal.

Top Bottom