• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - The Life of Pablo |OT2| I miss the OT1 Kanye.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So the video is about the public figuring out which of the famous people in out live are fake or real ?

nah he clearly cares about getting publicity. the dude married a kardashian, and he himself is clearly just a publicity whore.

looking forward to his concert for sure but man this dude's ploy is so corny. it's so transparent at this point.

i like how he too shook to put Jay Z/Beyonce in it though haha. Still has them on the god pedestal I see.

Really doubt he is a publicity whore...the media will report on him whatever he does and he didnt need to marry Kim for that. Also dont quite get why he should put Jay/Bey in his video....its not like he put every famous person he has relations with in.

Catvoca

Banned
That video is alright. It's very Kanye I guess. I don't think it's that crazy shocking tbh, except for maybe Taylor appearing nude. People are gonna dismiss it as bullshit and people are going to call it "evocative" and genius but the truth is somewhere in the middle for me. I just like that Kanye keeps doing weird shit.

Ultralight Beam

Seconding this.

Vire

Desperate gasps for attention and it doesn't seem to be working, don't really see this video being mentioned anywhere.

rambis

Banned
That video is alright. It's very Kanye I guess. I don't think it's that crazy shocking tbh, except for maybe Taylor appearing nude. People are gonna dismiss it as bullshit and people are going to call it "evocative" and genius but the truth is somewhere in the middle for me. I just like that Kanye keeps doing weird shit.

Seconding this.
Yeah this video is Kanye as fuck. I really don't get the attention whore comments. Ye is an A level personality already. He can break the internet with something as simple as a few pics of his son or something. He doesn't need to do anything crazy, he just is crazy. Not that suprising.

yoshizzle

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/746775420024946689
SRN3ts3.png

Edit: Tweet deleted

Well Tidal just leaked Desiigner's new album and then took it down quickly after they realised what happened. Too late though it's all over the net now.

Good shit Jay.

I'll stan for Kanye for just about anything but after that video we might as well stop using the word "problematic" because holy mother of god was that a horrendous series of decisions

Anth0ny

I'll stan for Kanye for just about anything but after that video we might as well stop using the word "problematic" because holy mother of god was that a horrendous series of decisions

at this point nothing he does surprises me because he just clearly does not give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

So is Desiigner now the front runner Kanye's opening act?

Seems like Chance's tour takes him out, and I really can't see someone like Push or Kendrick doing it.

So is Desiigner now the front runner Kanye's opening act?

Seems like Chance's tour takes him out, and I really can't see someone like Push or Kendrick doing it.

Probably either HXLT, Kacy Hill, or Desiigner, or some mixture of the three.

I can imagine Kanye has some personal investment in either of those three making it big, but considering Yeezus Tour had A Tribe Called Quest open up the New York shows and Pusha T open up the Australia section of the tour, Ye has no problem getting some quality openers.

If it turns out to be Future Zero though, I'm gonna riot. He's no doubt going to be a special guest for the NYC shows because he's a Brooklyn kid and he'll expect some degree of hometown love.

5amshift

Banned
Looking for tickets to the Boston show. Do you think tickets will go down in price closer to the show or up?

Probably up - I was also thinking about going to the Boston show, but my girlfriend hates Kanye and my other friends got tickets in the balcony..

If you're down to go and need somebody else, I'm willing..

I also just want to grab some Pablo merch

BostonGAF Kanye concert meetup? I haven't bought tickets yet and none of my friends want to spend the money. What are the prices looking like right now?

robotrock

Banned
BostonGAF Kanye concert meetup? I haven't bought tickets yet and none of my friends want to spend the money. What are the prices looking like right now?

Seemingly $275+ for the floor or the good Loges on Stubhub.

Also trying to get to the Boston show. Couldn't participate in the American Express presale, but the other three presales and then the official launch day were all bogus in terms of getting tickets.

RobertM

TicketMaster was all sorts of fucked up. I get one ticket on balcony, going try to sell it and get some other ones.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Interview with the artist who inspired Kanye's latest video

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/arts/music/kanye-west-vincent-desiderio-famous-sleep.html

What was your initial reaction to the video?

As I’m watching the thing, they’re smiling and filming my response, and all of a sudden, I realized that it is my “Sleep” painting: “Holy [expletive]! Oh my God!’ I was really speechless. Kanye saw things in it that I don’t know how he could’ve seen. Kanye is truly an artist. Talking to him was like speaking to any of my peers in the art world — actually, more like talking to the brightest art students that have their eyes wide open.

Did you give legal permission for Kanye to refer to your painting?

As far as I’m concerned, it has nothing to do with copyright. A work of art goes out there, and there’s a stream that activates and widens the communal imagination. It was an honor that I was being quoted. There was no money involved at all.

Owari

TLOP was updated again!

Saint Pablo added
Fade tweaked

Honestly Saint Pablo on TLOP elevates the album for me from a 8.5/10 to solid 9/10

Top Bottom