• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katamari Damacy ships! Anyone get it yet?

FnordChan

Ye Olde Locale GameStope isn't getting it's shipment in until sometime tomorrow afternoon. Apparently they're only getting three copies in, and some dude already has dibs on one of 'em, so I may have to take Extreme Measures (i.e. calling again sometime early tomorrow afternoon to make sure a copy is set aside for me) to get my hands on the sweet Katamari goodness.

FnordChan

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to see if Best Buy got it in on some off chance when I go to pick up Mr. Show Season 4. If not, I'll check at the local gameshop tomorrow.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
FnordChan said:
Ye Olde Locale GameStope isn't getting it's shipment in until sometime tomorrow afternoon. Apparently they're only getting three copies in, and some dude already has dibs on one of 'em, so I may have to take Extreme Measures (i.e. calling again sometime early tomorrow afternoon to make sure a copy is set aside for me) to get my hands on the sweet Katamari goodness.

FnordChan

Same exact situation as me, except I have dibs on a copy. :D

FnordChan

Agent Dormer said:
Same exact situation as me, except I have dibs on a copy. :D

For some reason the guy wouldn't let me call dibs over the phone. I have no idea why. He's probably hoarding copies for himself, the bastard!

FnordChan

Superbone

Lambtron said:
I'm going to see if Best Buy got it in on some off chance when I go to pick up Mr. Show Season 4. If not, I'll check at the local gameshop tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up on Mr. Show Season 4. Happen to be going to Fry's today.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Gantz said:
What's this game about?

Roll a ball, all kinds of things (watermelons, women in bathing suits, ants, graffiti, bikes, windmills, very small rocks etc etc) will stick to the ball, thus the ball gets bigger. With a bigger ball, bigger things will stick to it. You usually need to reach a certain size on your ball within a time limit.

BuddyC

Gamestop says tomorrow. Again.

Strike one.

And I somehow lost my reserve slip between classes. I had it before class, but when I went to the mall after, it was gone. Manager said it wouldn't be a problem, but when their entire preorder system is based on the alphabetizing skills of their employees, well, I worry.

swoon

FnordChan said:
For some reason the guy wouldn't let me call dibs over the phone. I have no idea why. He's probably hoarding copies for himself, the bastard!

FnordChan

call 10s on his life.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good, I'm not the only one that had to listen to some bullshit about tomorrow...if I can't have Katamari, nobody can!

signet

hot title, very small shipment, obscene demand

why didn't you preorder it? Isn't $5.00 worth the peace of mind of not having to rush around like a mad man just to call "dibs" on one of the few left over copies?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
signet said:
hot title, very small shipment, obscene demand

why didn't you preorder it? Isn't $5.00 worth the peace of mind of not having to rush around like a mad man just to call "dibs" on one of the few left over copies?

I'm dumb. :(

I only pre-order in the store when they give me free stuff. I don't know why, I'm just not comfortable giving them money and only getting a little slip of paper. $5 could buy me a feast at McDonalds. :lol

B'z-chan

Banned
Well that confims it. Eb employee steals first copy and he doesnt even have it preordered what a douchebag. I come in and they dont even have FFXI COP either which they called me in for. What a waste of a trip. They been screwing with me for two days with both games.

FnordChan

signet said:
why didn't you preorder it?

Let's set the WayBack Machine for the beginning of the thread...

FnordChan said:
I forgot to preorder

And now I have to live with my mistake. However, I'm optamistic I will emerge victorious with a copy tomorrow. Maybe.

FnordChan

Dave Long

Banned
I should have one in forty-five minutes. I checked Gamestop and he said they're not even getting a single copy of it. Some nonsense about being a small store, blah blah. So I went to Microplay and was told "It's in the box that's arriving in a bit." I couldn't get the money out fast enough.

Katamari.jpg

Reporting from Ottawa, Ontario. Katamari Damacy is a go! That is, it would be if I actually had a PS2 to play it on :(.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gamestop says 3 copies are coming in tomorrow at noon. I didn't preorder at this Gamestop though...the one I preordered at doesn't know when they're getting in (got some new employee I think since I didn't recgonize the voice and he had to put me on hold twice to check for the game)

Link316

Banned
signet said:

the thing is preordering at places like EB or GS doesn't guarantee you a copy even though it should

EBgames.com just updaded me to shipped status...

..and I hopeful that even the wife will play it. Her video game playlist starts and ends at DDR and I'm sick of it. :)

Spike

Date of Lies said:
For anyone living in Quebec: Namco didn't print the french manuals yet so we're getting the game later, the EB guy said tomorrow.

Bullshit. That's what the EB guy is full of.

I picked up my copy today in Toronto. It has a french manual.

Spike said:
Bullshit. That's what the EB guy is full of.

I picked up my copy today in Toronto. It has a french manual.

Yep. My copy came in yesterday. Strangely enough though, Gungrave: OD is still en route.

Spike

bobbyconover said:
But is it a color manual?? I must know!

Yes it is. Thanks Namco.

Crazymoogle said:
Yep. My copy came in yesterday. Strangely enough though, Gungrave: OD is still en route.

G:OD is gonna be $19.99!! I've got in-store credit of $19. Guess what I'm getting with it? :D

My copy came in today. The guy from eb called and left a message: "Your game came in, I hope I'm pronouncing this right, Katamari Damas?" So close! At least he tried. :)

But I didn't get the message until 8pm, and the store closes at 9, so my ball o'crap fun must wait until tomorrow. :( I didn't bother checking earlier because I live in Canada and I assumed if some people in the states hadn't gotten it yet, I sure wouldn't!

Superbone

San Diego Story (Mira Mesa):

EBGames originally told me it would be in today when I made my pre-order on Monday. Now, they're saying tomorrow. Gamestop tells me they're getting it at the end of the week or early next week because it was shipped UPS Ground! Bastards!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
My copy will arrive tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get home from class and it will be sitting right outside my door begging to be played. :)

vibribbon

I picked up my copy today, and fired it up at work. This is at a game studio, so maybe it was an atypical crowd... but it was devastating to productivity, there were 5 to 10 people gathered around for a huge chunk of the day! Multiple people went to their desks to order it from Amazon.ca.

If people only knew! It seems to have universal appeal. NAMCO needs to run some prime time TV ads.

Edit - I have promised my team's development director that I won't bring it to work tomorrow :D

BuddyChrist83 said:
sad.gif

Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's only tomorrow....it's only..a day...away :(

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

demi

I went to an EB near me (i was going to work) and I stopped in to purchase it.

I found Command Mission. SCORE

I asked about Katamari, and they were like "oh it was supposed to come today, but we havent got any in".

He asks general questions "Is it PS2?" "Oh, is it that game with the ball you roll around and collect stuff?", and I reply. He ends the conversation with "Yeah, that looks to be one of those obscure titles you may have to buy online."

What a douche. One out of two isn't half bad though! Tomorrow, I raid all the other stores.

BuddyChrist83 said:
sad.gif

Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's only tomorrow....it's only..a day...away :(

Stop whining. For once Canada has a game before the US. I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY THAT IT'S GREAT. :D:D

I'm also in Ottawa Ontario (like JasonNsider).

BuddyC

6.8 said:
Stop whining. For once Canada has a game before the US. I AM SO FREAKING HAPPY THAT IT'S GREAT. :D:D

I'm also in Ottawa Ontario (like JasonNsider).
Honestly I wouldn't care if it was a bigger title, as I could just run to Best Buy or Circuit City later in the week. But Gamestop's the only store in town stocking Katamari, and I just don't trust 'em :(

...lonely rolling star...

I picked up a copy today, even though I don't own a ps2. Look what Namco has done to me, the game is a perfect fit for the Gamecube, but anyways, the EB near me had it, and I figured, since I know friends with ps2's and the game being so cheap and scarce, might as well buy it. Besides, I might buy a ps2 mini later on.

Funny how Canada got the game first, usually, we get new releases the day after. I'm near Edmonton, Alberta, so if you live here, check out your local stores.

Sucks though that a brand new, just released copy of KD was gutted when I bought it from EB at new prices. If the game wasn't so rare, I might of just walked out. Why the hell do they gut games anyways. Morons.

Dave Long

Banned
I wasn't able to get mine either. It wasn't in the box like they said. I'm already pre-paid though and they thought I'd have it on Friday.

Dyne

I got my copy.

All I can say is.... OH MY GOD, it's my FAVOURITE GAME now. ^_^

And yeah, my copy has full french and full english manuals. I feel like cutting up the french manual in order to paste pictures all over my portfolio.

Top Bottom