• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katamari Damacy ships! Anyone get it yet?

Ranger X

bobbyconover said:
Never here, and I've played both the import and the US version a ton, not to mention that my PS2 typically does freeze up pretty easily.

damn! maybe it's because i'm a tester and that crashes/freezes likes me...

Beat the US version on the third night. Pretty good game. I think it lacks a good amount of depth that would actually make it GOTY material but it's coloful and very imaginative. It's on the same level as Donkey Konga, a game that can be enjoyed purely on a superficial level. Definitely a good $20 game.

Yusaku

I just noticed that there's an ad for KD in the new Game Developer. First time I've seen an ad for an actual game in there.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Been playing this a lot today... I think the game is a pretty good length, actually. But it's so much fun, starting out small and then you keep growing and growing. Man, I hate those levels where you need to catch like a large cow, and there are small cows, milk cartons with cows on them, signs with cows on them, etc everywhere... it's especially hard when you're so trained to just roll over everything in sight.

Pachinko

I bought it , played like 4 stages. The controls definetly take some getting used to, and you really have to pay attention to where you are going in the stages, if you passed a sign a minute ago saying 50 cm only and you have a 48 cm ball, go back there when you get that last 2 cm. Also, judging carefully where to go grab stuff and when is of key importance, some spots in the game can only be accessed at the smaller sizes properly so make sure to go to these places, like the lego bridge in the house level , once you get above 10 cm you'll just sticky the bridge.

suikodan

Nikashi said:
katamari.jpg

Cat-amari Damacy :)

Here`s another one from Montreal, Canada :)

pudding.jpg

I was expecting a good game mainly on what I read here and then got a review copy. The soudntrack is too much! At least there are more than one song so you don't have time to be pissed off by it.

Thank you Namco!

Just play Eternal mode and the music changes every so often. Or get the soundtrack from the various websites or bittorrent links.

Haven't played the game since I beat it because after your rip up entire continents it leaves nothing to the imagination.

Prospero

I think I might shell out the money to import the soundtrack album--expensive, but after all, I only paid $20 for the game, so it balances out.

Baton Rouge must not be a big gamer mecca, because I simply walked into the Gamestop here and picked up a copy.

This thing's addictive, and I fully blame GAF for making me buy this game.

Top Bottom