• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katamari Damacy ships! Anyone get it yet?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
etiolate said:
sold out here, try again tomorrow
We didn't even get ours in yet.

I wanted to snag one today but we didn't get them in. I don't work tomorrow and I don't really want to head over.

LOL at the shocker. I noticed he threw it occasionally along with the bird in that web page.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Every store in my area says today (9/23) is when the game came in, since Namco sent the game on 2 day shipping... there's a ton of places to buy games within 10 minutes of my house, so I should be OK. Maybe during lunch break I'll head to the EB Games store nearby.

Prospero

Gamestop.com still hasn't shipped my copy.

Mine either. I think it's safe to say that someone, somewhere, botched the release of this game.

I may cruise stores on my lunch break today to see if it's sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Belfast

Prospero said:
Mine either. I think it's safe to say that someone, somewhere, botched the release of this game.

I may cruise stores on my lunch break today to see if it's sitting on a shelf somewhere.

I don't know so much about botched so much as "limited" the release. Still, Gamestop.com says NOTHING about it being on backorder or not available or anything like that. Its been over 24 hours since I placed the order. They need to give me my game, dammit.

atomsk

Party Pooper
my gamestop is getting in 3 copies sometime this afternoon. they're holding one for me, and giving me a call when it comes in.

thankfully i didnt get the "shoulda preordered" crap, but probably cause the manager knows me from shopping in TRU all the time...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I went to Canadian EB yesterday, and they were sold out :(((

All the three copies they got were pre-ordered.

So I ask will theb be getting some more? "Hopefully..." "Try next week..." He said that with almost some sadeness on his face, as if he's giving me a false hope :(

I also checked some other, non-gaming stores, but they didn't have it, and they had no idea what I'm talking about. I'll try them again today, EB gets everything first, but others soon follow.

*edit* Also, right now, EBworld.com is not allowing the purchase of Katamari. If you do the search, it will find the game, but if you click the link, you get the "game is not available". Also, if you try to add it to the cart, you get the "Your cart is empty" error message.

Great.

olimario

Banned
NOTHING YET!
No GameStop in the area has it
My local Game Crazy doesn't have it
2 local EBs don't have it

"Do you guys have any copies of Katamari Damashii in?"
"is that like... final fantasy or something"
"*sigh*"

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
bobbyconover said:
My EB guy said "Wait, that's the one with 'Nocturne' in the name, right? Oh!- no, wait- it's the drumming one, right??"

:|

Those are both good games, though. It's not like he was listing off bad ones. Now if he started to offer you The Fairly Oddparents game, that would have been suspicious.

shoplifter

katamari.JPG

Belfast

Me, too, shoplifter. Me, too. :(

If the stores in-town get it in today, I'm going to just go pick it up and cancel my online order.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Damn. Do we know how bad the changes to the soundtrack are? Is it a completely different song, or just a redoing of the song?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think the training mission has different music. I'm sure it's not that bad but I wonder why they changed it in the first place

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Wario64 said:
I think the training mission has different music. I'm sure it's not that bad but I wonder why they changed it in the first place

The didn't have to mess with the music. It was perfect as-is.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
They didn't change any of the music, at least that's what the guy who reviewed game for some magazine said here.

Actually, no he did say that they changed something but ever so slighly, like replaced words "Katamari Damashi" in one verse with more of the "Ta-ta-ta"s

BuddyC

They changed the title song a bit (it now goes la da da da da da da da intead of la da da da Katmari Damacy) and replaced the training music, but it really isn't that bad.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of little minor tweaks elsewhere, but, um, we got a mostly unchanged (99%) game for $20 with a full color manual and original boxart. Whoo!

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
BuddyChrist83 said:
They changed the title song a bit (it now goes la da da da da da da da intead of la da da da Katmari Damacy) and replaced the training music, but it really isn't that bad.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of little minor tweaks elsewhere, but, um, we got a mostly unchanged (99%) game for $20 with a full color manual and original boxart. Whoo!

Mind = at ease.

sasimirobot

Im suprised this many people are going nuts over the game! Just when you think the board is gonna be overun with "Doom-3"/"Halo-2" treads a quirky little title like this deserves all the love it can get.

I didnt realize how lucky I was to pick this up back in March myself...

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
BuddyChrist83 said:

the title music was always the laaaadadadada dunchikadunchika dunchika.

Belfast

I know you guys are anal about the soundtrack (and so am I), but I've heard the changes were very minor and they weren't drastic changes, at that. Its certainly nothing that would ruin the soundtrack.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
sasimirobot said:
Im suprised this many people are going nuts over the game! Just when you think the board is gonna be overun with "Doom-3"/"Halo-2" treads a quirky little title like this deserves all the love it can get.

I didnt realize how lucky I was to pick this up back in March myself...

Damn right you're lucky, punk.

BuddyC

sp0rsk said:
the title music was always the laaaadadadada dunchikadunchika dunchika.
I got confused, sorry. I was talking about Katamari on the Rock. I don't know which one has changed, but either way, I'm not that worried.

I'm really curious about what, exactly, the training music was changed to. Are we talking another song in the same vein as the normal tracks, from the original sound team? Or did they stick in "Dragula" or something? If it's another new original track, I'd hardly even consider it a negative.

B'z-chan

Banned
IT's gone from Ebgames' website. I've been searching for it and its lost in time or something. FUCK i want a copy. And my store better not gut the next copy, cause the copy that was there yesterday was for my fat ass.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
B'z-chan said:
IT's gone from Ebgames' website. I've been searching for it and its lost in time or something. FUCK i want a copy. And my store better not gut the next copy, cause the copy that was there yesterday was for my fat ass.

What the hell? You're right! I can't imagine what's going on...

The game is SO DAMN CLOSE yet I can't get ahold of it. :(

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
atomsk said:
my gamestop is getting in 3 copies sometime this afternoon. they're holding one for me, and giving me a call when it comes in.

thankfully i didnt get the "shoulda preordered" crap, but probably cause the manager knows me from shopping in TRU all the time...

Actually, probably beacuse even if you WANTED to preorder it you could not
I had the manager send an email in asking why there was no reservation sku and they never answered back, not that i'm surprised :(

Thankfully my copy arrives today via fedex

Belfast

One of the local chains says it was backordered (Rhino). They'll hopefully get it tomorrow, but they're only getting 4 copies. Haven't checked Gamestop/EB in the mall, though. I'll do that later.

PkunkFury

I just picked my preorder up from EB games, they only got one copy for sale in store, the rest were pre-orders, so if any of you are in West Lafayette IN hurry over there

shoplifter

robojimbo said:
For some reason the security tag on the case says "Katamari Damashi." What's with the alternate spelling? Japanese phonetic?

Yeah, and I have no idea why Namco spelled it the way they did.

I got a little chuckle out of this too.

robojimbo said:
For some reason the security tag on the case says "Katamari Damashi." What's with the alternate spelling? Japanese phonetic?

"Damacy" is a sort of hip intentional misspelling of Damashii, or so the story goes, and has been used by other products (and I think a radio show, or something? someone who lives in Japan posted about it when the Japanese version came out) in Japan in recent years. I've always figured it's similar to US titles with words like "Xtreme" in them. It was titled "Katamari Damacy" officially in Japan as well.

Ohhhh man. The NTSC/US manual is in COLOUR TOO?

WTF HAPPENED AT NAMCO? WHAT DRUGS ARE THEY ON? CAN THEY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY ON THEM?

Top Bottom