• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I like your current avatar, I recognize it in threads cause it pops out. If you insist, Sunbro.
I'd go Sunbro, but I like your current one.
I will also be taking that Yuuko and Hanako avy's Thank you
Well, I managed to go 4 years without changing the avatar I use everywhere...
YW Spy. And all right, I will stick it out with Kenji for a while longer. I kind of like him a lot anyway, I must have just been feeling restless and UNMANLY. I blame feminists.
The truth is that Billie can't read. It is known.
Man what if there was an audiobook version of Katawa Shoujo? Each character has their own voice actor but the narration and sex scenes are voiced by Morgan Freeman.

XeroSauce

YW Spy. And all right, I will stick it out with Kenji for a while longer. I kind of like him a lot anyway, I must have just been feeling restless and UNMANLY. I blame feminists.Man what if there was an audiobook version of Katawa Shoujo? Each character has their own voice actor but the narration and sex scenes are voiced by Morgan Freeman.

Anything audio related is great with Morgan Freeman, that's cheating

Jintor

YW Spy. And all right, I will stick it out with Kenji for a while longer. I kind of like him a lot anyway, I must have just been feeling restless and UNMANLY. I blame feminists.Man what if there was an audiobook version of Katawa Shoujo? Each character has their own voice actor but the narration and sex scenes are voiced by Morgan Freeman.

Should be a braile one too, to be fair. Wait until we get morphic Kindles. E-books for touch-readers.

Chrom

If you just did Lilly I'd avoid Hanako for a bit, they overlap.

Go Emi, Shizune, Hanako, Rin.
Always end on Rin. Makes you question life.

Just finished Lilly's and got the good ending. Pretty nice.

Doesn't Kenji have a route? Although I'm not interested in going for that right away, I'm curious as to why you didn't mention his, unless I'm misinformed about its existence or something.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just finished Lilly's and got the good ending. Pretty nice.

Doesn't Kenji have a route? Although I'm not interested in going for that right away, I'm curious as to why you didn't mention his, unless I'm misinformed about its existence or something.
Kenji route is if you fail to start any other route and it ends with a small scene in Act 1.

Real route is piecing together his and
Yuko
's story throughout all the different paths.

XeroSauce

CHET, YOUR YUKATAS

xcv43.jpg

Here is my theory-

During his time in the hospital, Hisao became bored with reading/tv and started a little game for himself. He starts finding ways to emotionally and mentally manipulate the nurses, doctors, fellow patients, and visitors in his free time. He honed his skills of perception and deceit every day, and he brings his excitement to manipulate others with him to Yamaku, once he is released. There, he decides upon the handful of women that he will pursue and gets to work. Every time the screen fades to black with the turning heart animation at the end of a chapter, it is actually meant to branch off into the path of another girl on that day at that time. This is why some chapters end in the morning, middle of the day, evening, and so forth. Hisao is juggling every character path and maintaining his seemingly singular attraction to each girl. A MASTER DECEIVER.

Major spoilers for real-
However, in the end, we learn that this has all been inside the head of a comatose Hisao after falling from the roof of Yamaku due to being intoxicated. His last days before the fall filled his head with enough faces, names, locations, and ideas that his brain is reliving this self-designed fantasy world in a never-ending repetitive state. Perhaps, one day, Hisao will awaken and join his comrades in the fight against the feminist threat... IN THE SEQUEL!

And don't give me any of your "logic" stuff. All of the events in the game can perfectly lineup without ever intersecting in any way that could possibly disprove this.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Perhaps, one day, Hisao will awaken and join his comrades in the fight against the feminist threat... IN THE SEQUEL![/spoiler]

And don't give me any of your "logic" stuff. All of the events in the game can perfectly lineup without ever intersecting in any way that could possibly disprove this.
My name is Jackben and I approve this message.

Soma

Here is my theory-

Major spoilers for real-
However, in the end, we learn that this has all been inside the head of a comatose Hisao after falling from the roof of Yamaku due to being intoxicated. His last days before the fall filled his head with enough faces, names, locations, and ideas that his brain is reliving this self-designed fantasy world in a never-ending repetitive state. Perhaps, one day, Hisao will awaken and join his comrades in the fight against the feminist threat... IN THE SEQUEL!

Ironically this is pretty much the plot that I'm expecting from Missing Stars.

Poyunch

So I got swamped with classes and promised myself I'd finally finish up the game and do Lilly's path over the summer break. Fuck this game. ;_;

In terms of story: Rin > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune

Shizune's wasn't so bad but it pales in comparison to Rin and Lilly's. As for the characters I liked: Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Shizune > Rin

I didn't think Lilly would top Emi. Emi's such a positive influence, she's fun to be around, and she just generally sweet. But Lilly and Hisao love each other so much. ;_;

I probably wouldn't play this game anymore if I started with Lilly.

Yeah... I really liked Shizune, and it was sad to see her path end up as weak as it was. Perhaps my expectations were too high? Still preferred hers to Hanako's, though, personally.

Hisao was at his worst in Hanako's story, so I understand. Plus Shizune's has a whole lot of Misha.

Top Bottom