• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

It's a friday night and I'm eating an eggroll, laying on an air mattress in the middle of my room, I have my laptop setup on the seat of a folding chair, and using a wireless mouse to click through my second playthrough of an H-Game with my only real objective being to get a new character path.

How did my life come to this?

I hope I get Hanako or Rin.

Emitan

It's a friday night and I'm eating an eggroll, laying on an air mattress in the middle of my room, I have my laptop setup on the seat of a folding chair, and using a wireless mouse to click through my second playthrough of an H-Game with my only real objective being to get a new character path.

How did my life come to this?

I hope I get Hanako or Rin.

It's not an eroge D:

Cover + back = spread
pg1. front cover: misha, lilly, shizune
pg2: white. blank
pg3: title
pg4: fwd. picture is the full cover spread
pg5: title: hanako
pg6-9: hanako arts (4)
pg10: title: shizune
pg11-13: shizune art (3)
pg14: title: rin
pg15-19: rin art (5)
pg 20: title: lily
pg 21-22: lile art (2)
pg 23: title: emi
pg 24: emi art (1)
pg 25: random art
pg 26: group shot
pg 27: group shot hanako, rin, kenji, misha, shizune
pg28-29: index
pg 30: thanks and 'thoughts'
pg31: white blank
pg32: back cover: emi, rin, hanako

yes the front cover counts as a page

"hay guys 5+4+3+2+1 = 15, 15 divided by three girls gives us 3 pictures per character how about that?"
"nah. 1 emi picture."

XeroSauce

So I've been browsing this thread and the official game forum today. I am highly amused that "the feels" is a term that's come to be associated with this game. When I was really getting into KS our Internet crapped out for nearly two weeks and I wasn't able to check out fan stuff like this immediately afterward like I wanted to, but in trying to think of what I could say to the developers it always boiled down to "Thank you for making me feel things.", so the feels seems like a perfect fit.

The feeling of "How do I feel about this" is what everyone kind of goes through, I believe.

Meanwhile, work on Missing Stars goes on.

rege.jpg

^ The MC. He's Swiss, rounding out a very European cast. There's also a music sample at the link.

Soma

Haha totally forgot about Missing Stars. The MC's design is pretty solid but that's to be expected from the talented artists they got.

Shame they're devoting their time to something like that.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well, for anyone who missed it, I recorded it this time, so it's still up at the above link if you couldn't watch it live. ^_^

Okay, so I managed to 100% Hanako's path!
I've only finished Emi and Hanako's path thus far.

I liked Hanako's variety of characters, locations, and events more than Emi's very predictable "go running, talk" stuff. I felt I got to see a lot more of the character interactions I was honestly expecting from the first time I played, with Shizune/Misha, Akira, Yuuko, Miki, and even Kenji having more time to talk.

That said, I think I still preferred Emi's route. Hanako, though fitting her personality, felt like I was getting more out of the side characters in the story than her. Emi's path, while perhaps too focused on just spending time with her (and Rin), at least it felt more natural for the relationship that developed.

The moments with the pool table, tea party, and chess stuff were real highlights though.
Also, Kenji was FANTASTIC in her path.

XeroSauce

See, I'm conflicted because on the one hand*, I would love to have had a Miki path, but on the other hand, I like the idea of Hisao having a platonic confidant who isn't Kenji since Kenji scares the crap out of me.

*terrible pun not intended

Yea, but that's like perfect movie material!

Wow, how could I forget her name. I remember when she popped out on my first play through when going for Hanako, I believe I actually wondered if she he a path and was conflicted on whether I should continue Hanako's path or try and see if Miki had a path. Good times...

XeroSauce

Wow, how could I forget her name. I remember when she popped out on my first play through when going for Hanako, I believe I actually wondered if she he a path and was conflicted on whether I should continue Hanako's path or try and see if Miki had a path. Good times...

-highfive-

I totally did the same. I think it's around the time Hanako gets all angsty.

See, I'm conflicted because on the one hand*, I would love to have had a Miki path, but on the other hand, I like the idea of Hisao having a platonic confidant who isn't Kenji since Kenji scares the crap out of me.

*terrible pun not intended

I think Rin would be an awesome best friend. Didn't really feel the romance in her arc tbh.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Nice avy change lol, I was thinking of trying to make one of Witch Hanako. Anyne mind telling or showing me how to make one?
if you're on a windows machine the easiest way is to go to Start and look up 'Snipping Tool' and snip a square of witch Hanako, then upload that to an image host.

Anything fancier than that is beyond me so you'll have to ask Chet.
I think Rin would be an awesome best friend. Didn't really feel the romance in her arc tbh.
Completely agree.

if you're on a windows machine the easiest way is to go to Start and look up 'Snipping Tool' and snip a square of witch Hanako, then upload that to an image host.

Anything fancier than that is beyond me so you'll have to ask Chet.Completely agree.

Yeah, I'm trying to learn on my own without having to rely on Chet everytime I see a pic that I want to make an avy of.

abusori

It's truly criminal she doesn't have her own path. Or bonus / omake content where you play an act as Shizune
coming out to Misha

[Shizune spoilers]
I totally choose the bad end for Shizune first cause I was hoping it was a secret Misha route. Now I know why there isn't one, but, but...

XeroSauce

Yeah, I'm trying to learn on my own without having to rely on Chet everytime I see a pic that I want to make an avy of.

Save image, open in Paint or whatever editing tool you have.

Either make a new image sized 100x120 pixels and copy the image into said canvas, resizing it, or snip a 100x120 (or less) sized part out of the original image.

GAF even hosts images so you don't have to worry about finding a image host.

She did, that made me feel really bad and guilty for making that choice. D:

Especially...
Seeing the stuffed cat dangling out of her bag. I know the writing for the story is typically panned, but seeing that little touch in the art was heart breaking.
THOSE FEELS.

Top Bottom