• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

98% complete. I can't bring myself to do the bad Hanako ending.

It's going to be wonderful when I go through every character's bad/neutral ending to get my 100%. Then, I'll be force to replay Lilly and Hanako, so I can acquire some peace again after all the sadness.

mxgt

Banned
just do it, it will really add to the overall characterization of the character and a better understanding of their situation. Besides, its very short

I guess you're right

Preparing for feels.

Also I'll take this avatar and join the club
AvH009.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I have a new fear: Pony-Gaf is slowly disappearing, so is there a chance Gaf might target us, Katawa-Gaf, next?

Unless we spam Katawa gifs and pictures in unrelated threads, I highly doubt it.

I have a new fear: Pony-Gaf is slowly disappearing, so is there a chance Gaf might target us, Katawa-Gaf, next?

As far as I know, we're just a bunch of people who liked a VN and mostly share our experiences in this thread. We're not bombarding threads with annoying ass gifs like the coalitions of Pop-GAF. And if it comes to that, I am seriously disowning the lot of you

McNum

Season 2 is still going strong, and several new juniors seem to have come for the ponies, too, so I wouldn't worry about PonyGAF going away just yet. Plus there seems to be quite a few members in common of these groups anyway. And yes, Katawa pony fan art exists. Of course it does. There's a pony for practically everything these days...

So don't worry about it just yet.

Also, to get to Rin's story, I'm thinking I have to
no really go either way in the Lilly/Shizune feud and not try to race Emi.
Sound about right?

Next goal:

Time to convert these heathens to our views! Lilly and Hanako would want this.
Anyway, glad I won't have to worry about it.

Also, I feel this image is relavent for the thread.
I would pick the renegade option and hope Hisao punches Misha in the face!

katawaeffect.jpg

McNum

Mass Effect, the high school years. A Visual Novel by Bioware.

I'm not supposed to think "Hey, that doesn't sound too bad at all..." after making up a game like that. Just remove the shooty bits and have it all take place in Citadel High. At the very least, it would be funny to see.

I don't know about video game references, but you guys can be Team Chocolate.

Team chocolate??? Anyways, I got 2 team names down so far
This games going places (Emi)
Dat Waifu (Lilly)
and a partial one being _______(Shizune +1) <--- A little Castlevania HD reference since I see Misha and her as one team.
If anyone's got suggestions, I'm down for it.

Jintor

Finally got started on my review article. Totally being productive at my day job by doing work for my night job. Responsibility!

I gotta sit down and start working on these multitudes of articles in my head

OR

I should sit down and play the review code of Analogue that I haven't bothered starting yet

Jintor

Mass Effect, the high school years. A Visual Novel by Bioware.

I'm not supposed to think "Hey, that doesn't sound too bad at all..." after making up a game like that. Just remove the shooty bits and have it all take place in Citadel High. At the very least, it would be funny to see.

It takes place in the Dormandy.

Team chocolate??? Anyways, I got 2 team names down so far
This games going places (Emi)
Dat Waifu (Lilly)
and a partial one being _______(Shizune +1) <--- A little Castlevania HD reference since I see Misha and her as one team.
If anyone's got suggestions, I'm down for it.

Team Awesome Hat for Hanako.

(Hanako is secretly a TF2 enthusiast.)

I gotta sit down and start working on these multitudes of articles in my head

OR

I should sit down and play the review code of Analogue that I haven't bothered starting yet

I have like two review codes sitting on my desk. =( I'm pretty much going to be locking myself in my apartment this weekend. Hahaha.

Soma

I was about to say Team Bacon would be pretty fitting for Hanako but I don't think it can compete with that infamous comic.

Duelist

The soundtrack is pretty great. Good music to work to.

That is until Painful History or Innocence come on. Hnnnnnggghh

Might get started on Saya no Uta tonight.

Your body will never be ready.

Hahaha, I still have yet to get the "Saya" ending, though I saved right at the branch so it should take about an hour or two to see it. Enjoy Duelist, it certainly ain't Katawa Shoujo lol.

I'm probably gonna move onto Analogue in between bouts of Steins;Gate after this. Just finished DLing the demo for Analogue so I guess I'll check that out now

lol I've seen a good part of this game on youtube when the thread was made, and from what I saw, it's not so disturbing as people say it is. But then again, it could be just me.

Watching it on youtube is completely different. You have to play the real thing, with headphones and at night with the lights off.

And it's not just disturbing because it's disturbing -- it's disturbing because it's so touching despite itself. Also, dat music. I literally can't listen to the titular tracks because of how unsettling they are, even though they're really beautiful songs.

/derail

OMG Aero

If people get weird and push it as a community and give it a name like that instead of just a bunch of people that have avatars from a game they like then yes.

Jintor

And it's not just disturbing because it's disturbing -- it's disturbing because it's so touching despite itself.

Couldn't even get to the point where it was touching because it was too disturbing

Fucking... like, a room made entirely out of meat. Goddamn. Living, breathing, pulsing meat. Eyes in the wall that swivel to look at you, wince in pain with every step you take. No fucking way was I going to sit through an entire game like that.

Watching it on youtube is completely different. You have to play the real thing, with headphones and at night with the lights off.

And it's not just disturbing because it's disturbing -- it's disturbing because it's so touching despite itself. Also, dat music. I literally can't listen to the titular tracks because of how unsettling they are, even though they're really beautiful songs.

/derail

I agree. That you start to sort of even root for Saya, and sympathize with her loneliness in spite of all that happens... yes, it's definitely disturbing.

Jintor - You ought to try sticking with it. It's unrelentingly bleak and discomforting, but it's a story well worth experiencing

Jintor

Nope.avi

I mean I physically felt like throwing up just during the fucking classroom scene in like the prologue. I don't mind that kind of gory shit if the intent is to horrify as a sharp shock or something, but as a permanent state of mind? Can'ttakeit.

Nope.avi

I mean I physically felt like throwing up just during the fucking classroom scene in like the prologue. I don't mind that kind of gory shit if the intent is to horrify as a sharp shock or something, but as a permanent state of mind? Can'ttakeit.

That's kind of how the music makes me feel now, so I can't judge you. At least you gave it a try.

Top Bottom