• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Well I, for one, appreciate that they didn't resort to stupid BS to accommodate bad ends. I don't want to have the characters jump into a swimming pool and suddenly SHARKS! >;D

Nope, you're going about it all wrong! The player fucked up, so they get punished with some dumbass shit, like Lily walking into traffic or something

McNum

Nope, you're going about it all wrong! The player fucked up, so they get punished with some dumbass shit, like Lily walking into traffic or something
I'm halfway surprised that there's no bad end where Misha gives Hisao a heart attack by scaring him.

I am glad that the bad ends don't needlessly have to kill Hisao in this game, though. Even if it could be amusing to see how contrived they could make it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
All of the girls go swimming in the pool but it turns out it's inhabited by a shark.

XeroSauce

This game would be ten times better if when you confront Hanako about
her being a useless person that people only are friends with to protect and that it would be better if she didn't exist
this music starts playing and you are thrust into a fight.

Also this music totally wouldn't be out of place in this game.

Lilly's boss is
basically Rise's, hating those who have sight and the freedom she lacks

Rin's dungeon would be a mindfuck, I tell you what.

Boney

Banned
I don't think you'd enjoy Hanako's route if you don't like Emi's. Hanako's route is pretty glacial in terms of character development. Everyone's just HNNNGGGing over her cause she's kawaii ~uguu~ shy desu and rocks a nice casual outfit. There is a nice emotional payoff at the very end, but the road there can be taxing on your patience. Emi's route is actually a really good one to start off with. She's written like an actual teenaged girl, and there's a fair share of hilarity peppered amidst the heartbreak and drama. It's not a bad route at all.

This is a pretty well condensed version of what I thought, but I still ended up liking the route a lot because the ending, the bad ending, and a few other scenes were pretty smart. I guess I'm gonna have to try the others... maybe.. I guess..

Don't know why this made me laugh so hard.

What if the shark was Rin :O

There needs to be a VN where you can date the Street Sharks.

0ziYo.jpg

Oh god, is this for PC? Free? I need a name :lol

Nope, it's a scene in an anime called Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. A girl is playing a VN and one of the other girls joke about how a shark should appear at the pool in the game. It actually does and kills everyone leading to one of the other characters saying it's basically a joke game because all the bad ends are incoherent massacres.

Nope, it's a scene in an anime called Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. A girl is playing a VN and one of the other girls joke about how a shark should appear at the pool in the game. It actually does and kills everyone leading to one of the other characters saying it's basically a joke game because all the bad ends are incoherent massacres.

Was there a nice boat in the pool?

This is a pretty well condensed version of what I thought, but I still ended up liking the route a lot because the ending, the bad ending, and a few other scenes were pretty smart. I guess I'm gonna have to try the others... maybe.. I guess..

I think all the routes are worth playing through, as they are penned by different authors. Naturally, this means that some routes are going to be more well written than others, while at the same time bringing different things to the table. For instance, Hisao changes as a person depending upon which girl you pursue. However, If you only have time or can only muster the interest to play through one more route, I would suggest tryin Rin's route. It offers the most to contemplate (with a really poignant ending), and it's solidly written from beginning to end and has some clever motifs. Hell, someone here made a pretty solid case for it echoing Pink Floyd's The Wall, so if that won't garner your interest, just pack it up and go lol.

Regulus - I hope you get all 'motional and your classmates point and laugh at you

Jintor

I recognise the artist though.

I've been thinking for a while about whether or not gameplay affects the emotional engagement that you can have with a character. Persona's method of dealing with internal struggles, for all its vaunted sensitivity, is still incredibly brute-force in terms of storytelling primarily because Persona also has to be a game, it can't just be a story.

But I mean like fuck that we already have KS the story, now let's fight shit.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Yep, that's exactly what I was referencing when I posted that. XD

Top Bottom