• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC vs Popeyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Popeye's is really good, but I have to make it at least equal to KFC. While the latter doesn't QUITE measure up to Popeye's, they do the crispy thing a lot better.

(The standard of measurement for this comparison is the extremely tasty "Chicken Strip.")

Phoenix

PartlyCloudlike said:
4) Churchs Chicken: A little too plain for my taste. Very crisp outside, perfectly golden, but not enough flavor.

Church's chicken tastes like salt and grease. That along with whatever mutant breed of chicken they use which must contain some enzyme that absorbs all of the taste from the meat make it the poorest excuse for fast food chicken on the planet. I'd rather eat chicken from the frozen food section than church's.

Terrible, just terrible.

Cubsfan23 said:
KFC buffet is the greatest food in the world, plus i can eat 5 + servings before getting full.

omg, I went to one of those when I lived in San Antonio and.... oh, shit, it was heaven

if KFC had more buffets, they'd be #1

explodet

There's a Popeyes close to my place, but I've never been there yet. Thanks to this thread, I'll go try it tonight.

Don't let me down, GAF!

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
levious said:
Popeyes, no contest.

Although Church's beats em both. Fried Okra.

See foos?!?!?! (Orin and Manky)

First reply in the danged thread! FoodT knows what he's talking about! I have the gut to prove it! You guys said I was crazy in chat!

....although, I may side with Popeyes for the spicy chicken and sides.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
What the fuck is a popeyes?

Sounds like a theme resturant.

Between this thread and the Wendys thread last week im starting to see that the UK is totally devoid of Fast food choice (though i do actually remember seeing a Wendys in london about 5 years ago), here its Maccy D's, Burger King, KFC or dodgy 'Run by a turkish family' kebab joint (im not being racist, they are all owned by turkish families).

xsarien

daedsiluap
Ghost said:
What the fuck is a popeyes?

Sounds like a theme resturant.

It isn't, oddly enough. I'm guessing they're skating on just enough thin ice to get away with "Popeye's," incorporating shit from the comic and/or cartoon - or even implying sailing in any way, shape, or form would probably have the lawyers drooling. :p

Neo_ZX

Pops' wins. If you factor in price... Pop's still wins by just a hair.

I think a key factor in killing KFC's rep is the tuesday specials. We call em Twoonie Tuesdays in Canada ($2 coin = twoonie). A lot of people get this special all the time and almost never get the real meat you'd get in say a 3 piece meal or bucket. It got them a lot of exposure but with low quality meat.

Newduck

There is definately wendys in London, atleast, there was. There was one in Wood Green a few years ago, gone now, but there has to be one in central london. Been co-incidently quite close to what seems to be almost the only wendys, and Krispy Kreme in the country.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Popeye's Cajun Rice > all other side dishes. Quite often I'll go Drive-Thru just to get a big tub of it, and nothing else.

However, us Chicago Southsiders usually consider another place when it comes to chicken:
sign.jpg

XS+

Banned
Does KFC still have Hotwings? That owned everything on both Popeye's and KFC's menu.

Popeyes is kinda ghetto anyway.

hobbitx

KFC Chicken>Popeye's
Popeyes Beans and Rice> KFC's potatoe wedges
KFC's Mashed Potatoes>Everything

Winner: KFC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom