• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

NeoRausch

Hey whats the point of the AR cards?
What are the rules when you play against your friends?
None. It's stupid and just there to be there. Testfield for the inevatable pokemon card battle game (that's why you can't buy KIU cards anywhere)

Gotta collect them all!

Nilaul

None. It's stupid and just there to be there. Testfield for the inevatable pokemon card battle game (that's why you can't buy KIU cards anywhere)

Gotta collect them all!

No rules? :-( We got to make something.
On the other hand if you cant buy them anywhere.... buy some off club nintendo and profit profit profit in a few years time :p

Poyunch

So, I've been taking a good, hard look at my MP power grid, and I've decided that the powers I have just aren't cutting it. Do you guys have any suggestions for powers that would work well with my Samurai Blade?

I always keep black hole handy. Good for attacking and fleeing.

NeoRausch

No rules? :-( We got to make something.
On the other hand if you cant buy them anywhere.... buy some off club nintendo and profit profit profit in a few years time :p
It really is the only downside.

they take the time to make all those cards, designe them, print them, programm the AR-System, not sell them... And what for?

a few in game space bucks and some idols you can unlock anyway.

the card battles are not even worth mentionng. I hope some of them go up in price.

but yeah, that's the only downside so far.

(and because it didn't happen on this page so far...)

THIS GAME!!!

So what music tracks from the game do you think will make it into Smash Bros. WiiU? I would assume the boss theme will definitely make it as well as Magnus' theme and of course the main theme and Dark Pits theme. There's just so much great music that it would be hard to pick.

I'd say these are pretty good selections:

Kid Icarus Uprising Theme
That First Town
Magnus' Theme
Boss Battle
The Reaper's Line of Sight
Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit
Dark Pit's Theme
In The Spaceship
Medusa's Final Battle
Thunder Cloud Temple
Lightning Battle
Mysterious Invaders Ground Theme

Nilaul

It really is the only downside.

they take the time to make all those cards, designe them, print them, programm the AR-System, not sell them... And what for?

a few in game space bucks and some idols you can unlock anyway.

the card battles are not even worth mentionng. I hope some of them go up in price.

but yeah, that's the only downside so far.

(and because it didn't happen on this page so far...)

THIS GAME!!!

Well theres also this:

Whooves said:
Each person gets the equal amount of cards, picks a random one and places it upside down, so the other person can't see it, and both players show each other their cards and then let the 3DS scan it.

Poyunch

SLAFU.png

HnG0Q.gif

HUMANS

SmithnCo

These themes are already amazing, I could only imaging how the Smash remixes would sound.

I'll bet they'll at least do one medley to cram as many in there as they can.

You're using the best weapon in the game. JUST HACK AND SLASH

That's the strategy that I used mere days ago to consistently get at least 2nd pointzs-wise in every match, but when I played today and yesterday I was lucky if I broke 1000 points. Since my weapon hasn't changed and I'm certainly not getting any worse, I'm convinced I'm just not using my powers correctly. The only problem is that with Black Hole, Libra Sponge and Effect Recovery in my grid at once, I can't really fit any other powers. Gorammit, I'm a linguist, not a geometricist!

Emitan

That's the strategy that I used mere days ago to consistently get at least 2nd pointzs-wise in every match, but when I played today and yesterday I was lucky if I broke 1000 points. Since my weapon hasn't changed and I'm certainly not getting any worse, I'm convinced I'm just not using my powers correctly. The only problem is that with Black Hole, Libra Sponge and Effect Recovery in my grid at once, I can't really fit any other powers. Gorammit, I'm a linguist, not a geometricist!

Samurai Blade (271)
Ranged: 5
Melee: 3.5
Knockback defense +1
Confusion +2
Item attack +2
Speed -1

All I really use is my shitty heal and Effect Recovery. Invisibility is useful I guess and the one that lets you run forever.

Nilaul

The Basics:

Each player has a deck (called Armory) of cards (20,30,40 or 60 cards):

Draw 6 cards
Place 3 cards upside down on the playing field.
Move one card forward to signify its the lead card, the two remaining cards are in the backup/support cards.

The Turn:

The Turn Is divided into 3 Phases:

Phase 1:
Drawing cards from the Armory (Deck)

The player must have 3 cards in there hands at all times, the person may not have less cards or more cards. In order for the player to draw a new card or two new cards into there hand one or two cards must be put in to the underworld pile.

Phase 2 - Modification phase:
:: Player has the oppertunity to swap one of there two support cards, for one of the three cards in there hand. However he may not swap the lead card for one of the cards in his hand.

:: The player can also swap the lead card for one of the two support cards, however both of the lead and support card chosen for the swap this turn cannot be swapped for the cards in the player hand in the same turn.

Phase 3: Attacking

:: The player may challenge the opponents lead card, however the other player may swap his lead card for one of the two support cards.

:: In order to attack both cards have to be flipped (face upwards) - once revealed the cards can not be hidden.

:: Defeated card have to be placed into the underworld pile.

Winning or Lossing

Option 1:
:: For every card defeated 1 life point is deducted from the oponent, however for every card that you defeat one point is added to you. Each player starts of with 3 life points.

:: If a player has no more cards to play they automatically loose.

Option 2:
:: Each player starts with 10 lifepoints, for every card they loose in the challenge one lifepoint is deducted.

:: If a player has no more cards to play they they automatically loose.

--------

How Does this sound? What would you guys change?

Samurai Blade (271)
Ranged: 5
Melee: 3.5
Knockback defense +1
Confusion +2
Item attack +2
Speed -1

All I really use is my shitty heal and Effect Recovery. Invisibility is useful I guess and the one that lets you run forever.

Samurai Blade (298)
Ranged: 5.5
Melee: 5.5
Overall Def. +1
Walk Speed +1
Dash Ch. Shot +3
Melee Combo +1
Effect Duration +1
Heart Bonus -1

I delibrilately fused the negative heart bonus onto it just so it would have better stats. I love how fast and strong the melee combo is; it lets me adopt a "touch-em-real-quick-and-go" strategy while still dealing upwards of 200 damage per combo.

The Basics:

Each player has a deck (called Armory) of cards (20,30,40 or 60 cards):

Draw 6 cards
Place 3 cards upside down on the playing field.
Move one card forward to signify its the lead card, the two remaining cards are in the backup/support cards.

The Turn:

The Turn Is divided into 3 Phases:

Phase 1:
Drawing cards from the Armory (Deck)

The player must have 3 cards in there hands at all times, the person may not have less cards or more cards. In order for the player to draw a new card or two new cards into there hand one or two cards must be put in to the underworld pile.

Phase 2 - Modification phase:
:: Player has the oppertunity to swap one of there two support cards, for one of the three cards in there hand. However he may not swap the lead card for one of the cards in his hand.

:: The player can also swap the lead card for one of the two support cards, however both of the lead and support card chosen for the swap this turn cannot be swapped for the cards in the player hand in the same turn.

Phase 3: Attacking

:: The player may challenge the opponents lead card, however the other player may swap his lead card for one of the two support cards.

:: In order to attack both cards have to be flipped (face upwards) - once revealed the cards can not be hidden.

:: Defeated card have to be placed into the underworld pile.

Winning or Lossing

Option 1:
:: For every card defeated 1 life point is deducted from the oponent, however for every card that you defeat one point is added to you. Each player starts of with 3 life points.

:: If a player has no more cards to play they automatically loose.

Option 2:
:: Each player starts with 10 lifepoints, for every card they loose in the challenge one lifepoint is deducted.

:: If a player has no more cards to play they they automatically loose.

--------

How Does this sound? What would you guys change?

Now lets make it like a real TCG and ban some shit!

Anteo

It was a joke, man. Plus it doesn't really count as a spoiler, because it's in the second chapter of the game, and I'm pretty sure everyone saw it coming from a mile away.

I still have to wait a week to play the game, =/ . Well, there are worse things that I've spoiled myself in other games. u.u

Jintor

I wish we had chatted more to Goal. Is their more dialogue in
Chapter 24 during the Goal/Magnus fight if you let it drag on?

Boogiepop

Ohhhh man! Just beat chapter
on 9.0 It was INTENSE. Used up most of my powers getting there (took sooooo many tries), and then I used up the rest in the battle and won after about 15-30 seconds in crisis/almost crisis mode. So glad I don't have to do that level again (though I'm pretty sure at least 2-3 of the later ones will prove to be greater pains.) Even got the boxes for doing the chapter without dying (5.0+), and the one for doing it on 9.0 with a palm (thank god my go to weapon is a palm!)

Busaiku

You can't make the cards competitive no matter how hard you try.
They're completely random.

Prinny said:
Oh my god! He's dead! YES! Mwhahaha!

Chapter ..23.. on 9.0: Completed. Only 3 left now.
Man, I can't even do Chapter 8.
Those Space Pirates are way too strong.

Oh my god! He's dead! YES! Mwhahaha!

Chapter
on 9.0: Completed.
Only 3 left now.

That heart. That friggin' heart. That little bugger is by FAR the most frustrating boss in the game, and was the most difficult (next to maybe Pit's Body) for me to beat on 9.0. His stupid spammy charge attack makes me want to pull my hair out.

I'm almost at the end of the game.

I can't believe that there's no online trade feature like Pokemon's GTS. It would be perfect for trading weapons with hearts or gems or other weapons.

Boogiepop

Can anyone confirm that you don't lose weapons for trading gems of them to people? I'd feel free to hand out my epic main weapon, but I want to be 100% sure I'm not endangering it by doing so.

Can anyone confirm that you don't lose weapons for trading gems of them to people? I'd feel free to hand out my epic main weapon, but I want to be 100% sure I'm not endangering it by doing so.

I'm sure. You can actually use the system as kind of a fail-safe of sorts, as you can create a gem of a good weapon you want to fuse, give it to your friend, have him change it back into a weapon, and then give it back to you. Sure, it takes a few hearts, but it's not a bad idea.

im left handed. i refuse to use my right fucking hand to do things it wasn't meant to do since i'm inferior. so i used some good old fashioned ingenuity and some cvs tooth floss picks, ripped off the gum stimulator/shit remover, curved the end in and made my own mini dip stick. works good

OWlbd.jpg

KarmaCow

Any have good Power layouts for tackling levels at 9.0? I know it's dependent on playstyles but I'm looking for some ideas. I'm using Bows/Palms at the moment.

Any have good Power layouts for tackling levels at 9.0? I know it's dependent on playstyles but I'm looking for some ideas. I'm using Bows/Palms at the moment.

Transparency or Play Dead is a must for sneakong past enemies you're not comfident enough to defeat, Ares Armour is useful for bosses, and Brief Invicibility is useful in many situations. Health Recovery may or may not be useful to you depending on how reckless your playstyle is, but it can save your life in a pinch (as can Status/Crisis Recovery).

Insaniac

any tricks to getting streetpass to work? Do I have to enable it somewhere? I've created a weapon gem on mine and my brothers 3ds but they've been sitting next to each other in sleep mode for about 10 minutes with no street pass :(

KarmaCow

Transparency or Play Dead is a must for sneakong past enemies you're not comfident enough to defeat, Ares Armour is useful for bosses, and Brief Invicibility is useful in many situations. Health Recovery may or may not be useful to you depending on how reckless your playstyle is, but it can save your life in a pinch (as can Status/Crisis Recovery).

Hmm thanks. I've been going for offense oriented skills but I guess it makes more sense to go for defense.

Riposte

Music is sorted very poorly in this game. Giant songs which contain an entire level's soundtrack with no ability to skip ahead to the parts you want to hear.

Boogiepop

Just beat chapter
on 9.0. I'm getting there! The stretch of
17-19
is probably going to be pretty tough, though.

RagnarokX

any tricks to getting streetpass to work? Do I have to enable it somewhere? I've created a weapon gem on mine and my brothers 3ds but they've been sitting next to each other in sleep mode for about 10 minutes with no street pass :(
When I created a gem it asked if I wanted to activate streetpass.

olimpia84

Finally got my first streetpass gem but it was a shitty weapon. However, what pissed me off the most is that the guy that I got the gem from didn't have the regular Streetpass feature turned on to have him on my Mii Plaza and get a puzzle piece.

Top Bottom