• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

GOD FLIPPIN' DANG IT WHY IS IT THAT EVERY TIME I'M THE ANGEL I GET A BLOODY CANNON THAT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO USE.

I'm sorry, but that was a REALLY poor design choice. There are better ways of balancing your game, Sakurai... -_-;

EDIT: Wait, did everyone just bail at once? COME BACK! I'M SORRY!

Riposte

the powerups in this game are really dumb.

Perhaps, but they are pretty interesting to play around with.

Haven't found any truly broken powers yet. The main problem with this game is that you don't know what you are fighting against. The bottom screen gives about a tenth of the information it should.

Invisible shots + club projectiles is so wild lol.

Boney

Banned
GOD FLIPPIN' DANG IT WHY IS IT THAT EVERY TIME I'M THE ANGEL I GET A BLOODY CANNON THAT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO USE.

I'm sorry, but that was a REALLY poor design choice. There are better ways of balancing your game, Sakurai... -_-;

thought you rage quit

thought you rage quit

No. Nonononononono. If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I never let my emotions get the better of me while I'm playing games. If ever I'm taking a while to connect, it might just mean that I'm busy with real life, and if I ever disconnect, it means my shoddy university internet just failed. I'm sorry if my previous post sounded overly angry, I just needed to vent.

Sorry if I accidently gave everyone the wrong idea. m(_ _)m

Korosenai

I undestand man, same thing always happens to me. I bailed out because im gonna play basketball, ill be on later.

jrDev

OMFG
Chapter 9 ending credits
Haha.

This is the
coolest looking Hades design
I've seen.

BTW, dialogue keeps amazing me, who knew Nintendo had this talent.

Emitan

Currently trying out a new set:

Samurai Blade (271)
Ranged: 5
Melee: 3.5
Knockback defense +1
Confusion +2
Item attack +2
Speed -1

Health Recovery Lv. 3
Effect Recovery Lv. 3
Transparency Lv. 4

NeoRausch

So you love to use the CPP?
You like to take a break after a few hours?
You hate the way the CPP disconnects then?

THE GUIDE TO "DA HELL? HOW DO I ACTIVATE THAT FUCKER NOW? FUCK YOU YA SHITTY DEVICE?!

1. Calm down, buddy! Take a deep breath and grab yourself a a beer (or tea!)

2. Ok, let's talk now.

3. In the Titlescreen OR Pausemenu you press...

4. ... L + R + X

5. HELL YA! A calibration menu!

6. You CAN (but don't have to) calibrate the CPP now. But it's activated anyway.

7. I'm the man.

I bought a +7 defense item from the shop. Now to fuse until it gets to something I like. I hope to get a lot of good weapons at paxeast. I have a weapon of 303 value in a gem atm. I hope those people enjoy it.

Roto13

THE GUIDE TO "DA HELL? HOW DO I ACTIVATE THAT FUCKER NOW? FUCK YOU YA SHITTY DEVICE?!

2. Ok, let's talk now.

4. ... L + R + X

6. You CAN (but don't have to) calibrate the CPP now. But it's activated anyway.

7. I'm the man.

I just pause the game and rotate the right circle pad a few times.

It doesn't seem to always work though.

Wizpig

Freeze is teh broken.

How the fuck do i escape a freezing quickly? i mash buttons (since i use those for moving) and... does mashing L or R help?

ascully

I have to say this is one of my favorite Nintendo games EVER. I am playing one story mission each day so I do not get through it too quickly. I want to savor every last bit of it.

NeoRausch

I just pause the game and rotate the right circle pad a few times.

It doesn't seem to always work though.
Ell, that is the official way.

but in that option menu it tells you also something about pressinr zr and zl at the sa,e time to activate it again.

just try it. :3

Korosenai

I just got
Dyntos
in the idol toss.

Man, I really wish they would have used him more in the single player. The game talks about how he's more powerful than Hades. I hope in the second game (if there is one), he plays a bigger role. Maybe builds an army for you, or even cooler, he builds a Hades that is on your side.

I'm now up to 398 idols, and when I use one normal egg I have a 0.7% chance to get a new one 0_0

It also seems to have long hit-stun when its charged. Also I like that the charged fire pretty much can erase any projectile. It needs Quick Charge as a power.

NEO0MJ

Explain this to me, cause I just can't wrap my head around fusion.

Just find the weapon type you like most and then buy weapons that can fuse to the type of weapon you like (or buy weapons that can fuse to weapons that can fuse to the weapon type you like)
For now it seems that the stats and perks that transfer depend on luck, but you can tip the odd to your favor by buying expensive weapons. Hench the need to gather hearts by playing at higher intensities.

Hale-XF11

I love it when people think they're clever using Transparency, only to run right into my lvl. 4 Heavenly Light and lose half their life, lol.

I agree it's a delightful surprise, but if we try to trick him for "his own good," it could just as easily backfire and someone on the fence could highlight the tag and think the game is a third of what it really is. I think it's better to know there's a TON of game here. There will still be no shortage of surprise in just how increasingly crazy the game gets. :)

And I wasn't upset or anything, Vid. :)

I should have elaborated.

I'm going slow, but not that slow. I'm on chapter
So I knew vid was yanking my crank.

I lol'd, though.

Boogiepop

Beat chapter
twelve
on 9.0, but
has me stuck. Is it possible to jump the exotank
to the hot spring off that cliff? I got close, but then it was about to explode so I didn't try again. Then the damn laser flower killed me before I could get it. :(

Is there an in depth weapon fusion guide yet?

I know someone posted something like 30 pages ago, but I was wondering if anyone has broken it down to fuse a Bomber Arm, here are your options:

Violet Palm + Stealth Claws
Burning Palm + Brawler Claws
Needle Palm + Bear Claws
Midnight Palm + Wolf Claws
Cursed Palm + Tiger Claws

Violet Palm + Royal Blade
Burning Palm + Crusader Blade
Needle Palm + Viper Blade
Midnight Palm + Burst Blade
Cursed Palm + First Blade

Violet Palm + Ancient Staff
Burning Palm + Knuckle Staff
Needle Palm + Rose Staff
Midnight Palm + Orb Staff
Cursed Palm + Insight Staff

Insight Staff + Stealth Claws
Orb Staff + Brawler Claws
Rose Staff + Bear Claws
Knuckle Staff + Wolf Claws
Ancient Staff + Tiger Claws

Insight Staff + Darkness Bow
Orb Staff + Devine Bow
Rose Staff + Meteor Bow
Knuckle Staff + Silver Bow
Ancient Staff + Fortune Bow

If there isn't, I think I might create one, if people cared enough.

OmegaZero

2. Ok, let's talk now.

4. ... L + R + X

7. I'm the man.

Awesome. You are the man.

Poyunch

Beat chapter
twelve
on 9.0, but
has me stuck. Is it possible to jump the exotank
to the hot spring off that cliff? I got close, but then it was about to explode so I didn't try again. Then the damn laser flower killed me before I could get it. :(

I've gotten up to the boss on 9.0 but died. Just ignore any enemies until that hot spring point so that you can use a full-health exo-tank on the enemies in that area. You can jump from the treasure chest ledge to the door real quickly without killing any enemies.

And you can't jump the exo-tank off the cliff. There's an invisible wall there since the designers don't want you using it after that point.

Kard8p3

So what music tracks from the game do you think will make it into Smash Bros. WiiU? I would assume the boss theme will definitely make it as well as Magnus' theme and of course the main theme and Dark Pits theme. There's just so much great music that it would be hard to pick.

So, I've been taking a good, hard look at my MP power grid, and I've decided that the powers I have just aren't cutting it. Do you guys have any suggestions for powers that would work well with my Samurai Blade?

Top Bottom