• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

This game had me confused as shit at first. I had no idea what idols were, so everytime I was getting them, I always assumed I was getting a weapon or some little monster that helps me fight or something. But I never had any idea why they weren't appearing in my weapons list in the Gear menu.

It took me three chapters to figure out what they were (just pointless collectible trophies!), because I was too damn lazy to read the instruction booklet.

*is stupid*

Kard8p3

They really should've allowed you to save replays to your SD card that you could then upload to youtube or something. Multiplayer can get crazy and intense so it's a shame you cant share your matches with others.

Another thing is I wish they would let me edit the game rules when playing with anyone. I'd like to play free for all for longer than 3 minutes at a time.

This game had me confused as shit at first. I had no idea what idols were, so everytime I was getting them, I always assumed I was getting a weapon or some little monster that helps me fight or something. But I never had any idea why they weren't appearing in my weapons list in the Gear menu.

It took me three chapters to figure out what they were (just pointless collectible trophies!), because I was too damn lazy to read the instruction booklet.

*is stupid*

Them are fightin' words 'round these parts.

Busaiku

Hurray, finally managed to beat The Seafloor Palace at 9.0.
18 more to go...

Also, I spent $6.50 for that issue of Nintendo Power just for the 3 cards...
Do you understand what you're missing out on, Nintendo?!
Why do you not want my money...

vid

The hunt for Kid Icarus AR cards is going to destroy me. I'm already harassing friends at PAX East to try and pick up a pack of cards for me, I'm seriously considering picking up the issue of Nintendo Power with the bonus cards included, as well as tracking down the card from the last Game Informer, and I'm trying to figure out a way to pick up the card from next weekend's Gamestop promotion, since I'm going to be stuck at work.

...Nintendo, why are you doing this to me? I just... let me give you my money, all of this hoop jumping is going to be bad for both of us!!

omfg I just had the best win ever in light vs dark

I was chasing the enemy Dark Pit, who was quite fast despite having a black club, around the Spiral Tower map. He was on his last legs, but so was our Pit. I ran after him and he chucked the huge blocky projectile at me. I hit it with my magnus club like a baseball bat and sent it flying back into him, killing him :D

Amazing! I didn't know you could do that!

Amazing! I didn't know you could do that!

I got through one of the early chapters on 9.0 by using a 300 skyscraper club I picked up in MP. I was able to pretty much go to sleep during the flying part by just holding down the left button and letting the club deflect all the enemy projectiles back at them.

That's an exaggeration but not by much
does everyone get the same spotpass gems? I've gotten a few ridiculous 300+ weapons
You mean the ones I can't afford to buy? Yes, those are fantastic.

Kard8p3

I'm hoping they'll reveal who composed which tracks sometime soon. I'd love to know if Mitsuda did any other tracks besides the boss track.

Also when do you get stuff via spot pass? Is it once a week or everyday? I'm just wondering because I've had spot pass on since I got the game but I haven't gotten anything.

Busaiku

Good luck with chapter
18. I have ch 19, 21, 23 and 24 left, but the rest were easy compared to ch 18.

I managed to beat it with 1 death (dropped to 8.0) when I initially did it, and I've gotten better at dodging so I don't think it would be as bad when I get to it.
I'm not looking forward to Hades or his heart though, seriously, I drop 2-3+ levels at 7.0...

SpotPass stuff seems to be on Fridays.

KarmaCow

Spotpass light appears next to the menu icon and you get sent a notification message.

Yup, but other than that there is no in-game notification. The gem will just be part of your collection when you go check.

If you get a gem from streetpassing, the gem bag will appear on the title screen with a number indicating how many new gems you've received.

Roto13

Spotpass light appears next to the menu icon and you get sent a notification message.

You get the notification message (and the blue spotpass light on your 3DS) when you activate SpotPass for the game. After that, the only notification is a blue dot on the game icon on your home screen.

Neiteio

It's more fun if you don't know that.
I agree it's a delightful surprise, but if we try to trick him for "his own good," it could just as easily backfire and someone on the fence could highlight the tag and think the game is a third of what it really is. I think it's better to know there's a TON of game here. There will still be no shortage of surprise in just how increasingly crazy the game gets. :)

And I wasn't upset or anything, Vid. :)

Kard8p3

If Nintendo ever decides to go with an achievement system they need to get Sakurai to put it together. I love doing them in this game.

Neiteio

Neiteio you are bit of a buzz-kill and you also basically spoiled the answer with that recent post.
Chill, dude. It's spoiler-tagged. All I said is the game is bigger than one may think. People should know that much, and there's no way they can extrapolate a number of chapters based on that anyway. Remember, many people don't even know the "base" amount unless they were following pre-release media, so most wouldn't even know to think
nine
, let alone
. "More," then, is whatever one makes of it, unless they choose to highlight the tag, which is on them.

And about buzz-kills... I wasn't offended or anything. :p

KevinCow

Banned
Jesus fucking christ. How the fuck are you supposed to defend against someone who turns invisible and then kills you in one hit?

Neiteio

Jesus fucking christ. How the fuck are you supposed to defend against someone who turns invisible and then kills you in one hit?
You can prepare for it by having a transparency power yourself, which is always smart to activate when somebody disappears. Or if you see them disappear, active a defensive power and/or start spamming the dodging motion. It can at least stack the odds in your favor.

Korosenai

I've done that to people with a 300+, 4-speed Magnus Club and Transparency x4. SHAZAMMITYLAM!

I was playing in the game with him with my magnus sword that has 6 star range and 6 star melee. So I think that is what caused him to make his original post haha.

Top Bottom