• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Neiteio

They need a full-blown anime series like Pokemon to supplement this game's marketing. The Nintendo Video shorts are a good start; now get 22-minute episodes on TV before kids go to school, Monday through Friday (plus Saturday morning cartoon blocks). Then come out with a toy line. And BAM. Potential for new craze?

Some quick info:

- Being the god of death gives great insurance plans. Also, you get as much free soda as you want.
- Being on the god of light's side has a negative side: The dental plan isn't all that good.

I have to stop reading this thread! Fortunately (unfortunately?) for me, I have an endless supply of laborious school assignments I have to work on throughout the week. Hopefully it will cause a mental time warp and when I go to sleep tonight I'll wake up on Friday

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Some quick info:

- Being the god of death gives great insurance plans. Also, you get as much free soda as you want.
- Being on the god of light's side has a negative side: The dental plan isn't all that good.

Wait what

Detox

I don't think the anywhere in the UK has the pre-order bonus cards, fucking dumb it was probably Game until shit hit the fan.

Anteo

Some quick info:

Umm what?
At this point anything you say get me more hyped. =/

Pit X Dark Pit. It's going to happen. Brace yourself!

I needed something to remind me that this game will bring some bad things too.Thank you!

OmegaZero

People need to spoiler-tag better around here.
Love that everyone's hyped, but I'm going to stay away from this place until the game comes out.

See ya in five days.

Psst. Dark Pit
isn't really the bad guy here
:p

Forgot to mention that I opened a challenge wall piece for beating my 25th boss some time ago. And I've just killed off another one of
Viridi's commanders
. Go me!

qq more

Some quick info:

glad i plan to become the god of death in my lifetime

FREE SODA YAY

Neiteio

Psst. Dark Pit

Forgot to mention that I opened a challenge wall piece for beating my 25th boss some time ago. And I've just killed off another one of
Viridi's commanders
. Go me!
Did you just say there's at least 25 BOSSES??!??!

Kard8p3

Psst. Dark Pit

Viridi's commanders
. Go me!

So are you still going to post
that pic of hades you mentioned earlier?

Ah, like in that snippet of the Hewdraw chapter you showed us. :)

How complex do some of the ground stages get?

Not that complex. It's pretty fast paced even there. No real backtracking and very little to discover save a few hidden rooms and gates that unlock at higher difficulty levels.

No puzzles or anything like that.

Neiteio

Not that complex. It's pretty fast paced even there. No real backtracking and very little to discover save a few hidden rooms and gates that unlock at higher difficulty levels.

No puzzles or anything like that.
Good. So more like a relentless Vanquish-style forward march of action... I dig!

NeonZ

Considering the "twist" of the this game's story, I wonder why Sakurai paced Brawl's story so badly in comparison.

This has nothing to do with the quality of the story itself, but the introduction of new designs/concepts. The new villains in Brawl shouldn't have shown up since the start. I'm pretty sure people would have accepted the original elements of Brawl's adventure mode much better if the game at least started with classic Nintendo enemies and Smash Bros returners (Master Hand) before going over to original enemies.

This Kid Icarus seems to handle everything much better, with the initial focus being centered mostly on classic elements before introducing the all new foes. I hope he also takes this approach in the next Smash.

[/spoiler]

Haha, this game!

Now there are
aliens invading
, and some
superhero/sun god named Pyrrhon
is joining in on the fun, being a totally awesome dick in the process. Oh, and now it's
Aliens vs Palutena/Hades/Viridi/Pyrrhon

JazzmanZ

Haha, this game!

Now there are
aliens invading
, and some
is joining in on the fun, being a totally awesome dick in the process. Oh, and now it's

Do they happen to be
Space pirates? :p

weeaboo

Haha, this game!

Now there are
aliens invading
, and some

I don't know what's real anymore....

Top Bottom