• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Groovy! Also, I can see you've grown quite attached to the Twinbellows Cannon. Don't forget to try the other weapons out! :)

Btw, what's that battery icon in the upper right corner, by the score? Is that an onscreen indicator of the juice left in your system so you don't have to hit the Home button?

The joyfully triumphant version of the main Kid Icarus theme from the original E3 2010 reveal? I'd like to know this as well.

Someone link me to that piece, and I'll see if I can remember it.

The Twinbellows Cannon is now fused into an even more powerful First Blade. It's got the same stats (Range 5, Melee 2), but has more attributes.

Battery icon is for the system battery, yes.

Haven't heard it in the game. And the voice actors are not the same either. Luckily!

I'm talking about the weapon class.
Like if you go in with Palms, will you only get a Palms, or can you get something like Orbitals or something else.

Not talking about the quality of the weapon.

I'm not sure what you mean. You pick up loot all over the place, and it's stronger the harder the difficulty. You get random stuff, not the same class you've equipped.

Neiteio

FoxHimself, describe your favorite boss encounter so far. Preferably a boss we haven't seen in pre-release footage (where we've only seen eight of the apparently 25+ you've encountered so far). Oh, and how close to the REAL ending of the game do you think you are now?

DarkWish

63 Scans of Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Cards here!

So, I've been compiling a list of all the known AR cards for this game, and including links to any scans I could find. So far, I have 63 scans and a couple cards listed that I don't have scans for. Check it out at the above link.

If anyone has any other cards that I'm missing, please let me know! I hope to keep updating this as I get more information, and I'll try to update the scans with higher quality versions over time as well. Hope you all find this helpful!

PKrockin

--25--
bosses?!

FoxHimself, stop posting or I will hold you responsible when my hype reaches critical mass! Even without reading these spoiler tags and videos my hype has gone from 60% to 110% in the last few days.

FoxHimself, describe your favorite boss encounter so far. Preferably a boss we haven't seen in pre-release footage (where we've only seen eight of the apparently 25+ you've encountered so far). Oh, and how close to the REAL ending of the game do you think you are now?

Hm, well. To be honest, none of the bosses really sticks out. They are mostly just bullet sponges that you just circle and then they're down in a few minutes. I guess the three headed dragon was the most memorable so far.

Might sound a bit less than amazing there, but they all look awesome and they are satisfying to beat. It's just that there isn't much in the way of real strategy. At least not on the difficulty levels I'm playing (between 6 and 7).

And
Arlos the Serene
was kind of hard.
He makes the lights go out and you battle him in the dark.

Conor 419

Banned
Hm, well. To be honest, none of the bosses really sticks out. They are mostly just bullet sponges that you just circle and then they're down in a few minutes. I guess the three headed dragon was the most memorable so far.

Might sound a bit less than amazing there, but they all look awesome and they are satisfying to beat. It's just that there isn't much in the way of real strategy. At least not on the difficulty levels I'm playing (between 6 and 7).

And
Arlos the Serene
was kind of hard.
He makes the lights go out and you battle him in the dark.

Btw, do Palutena's army get involved at all, are they about?

Did anyone see the video with the suggestive dialog between Pit and Palutena? At first, they make it sound like Palutena thinks Pit has a small penis. It was actually about Pit saving money on laundry bills. That cracked me up.

Conor 419

Banned
Dude, Edge reported a 'brutal' sex scene in their review. I kept chasing Rich@IGN up about it on twitter but he only gave me coy replies.

Somebody else mentioned a sex scene earlier, what's the age rating?

Kard8p3

Dude, Edge reported a 'brutal' sex scene in their review. I kept chasing Rich@IGN up about it on twitter but he only gave me coy replies.

Dude there's not going to be a sex scene in an E rated game.

PKrockin

Did anyone see the video with the suggestive dialog between Pit and Palutena? At first, they make it sound like Palutena thinks Pit has a small penis. It was actually about Pit saving money on laundry bills. That cracked me up.

Apparently in the Japanese version she asks Pit to take off his clothes and promises not to look, and of course Pit refuses.

You didn't see it? Hold on, let me try to find it again.

It's at the end of the Medusa trailer.

I haven't seen the tweet but there was some talk about this being "Nintendo's God of War" a while back so I think it was just some sort of awkward God of War joke.

Conor 419

Banned
Dude there's not going to be a sex scene in an E rated game.

Idk man, societies getting more lenient and shit. Plus Sakurai's out to break the standard Nintendo mould with this game right? Even Nintendo themselves said that this is a game they could never themselves make, maybe he's taking one for the team?

Idk man, societies getting more lenient and shit. Plus Sakurai's out to break the standard Nintendo mould with this game right? Even Nintendo themselves said that this is a game they could never themselves make, maybe he's taking one for the team?

Can you share the exact text from the review about that? As long as it's allowed.

Neiteio

Somebody's projecting!

Seriously, though, get your mind out of the gutter. It's nothing more than the simple "bashful Japanese boy seen by girl in hot spring" anime trope.

Neiteio

Finally, official art of Tempura Wizard:

Tmi2b.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
"Listen to that swagger, you've really talked it up this time. Remember when you used to always say 'I'm finished"

'I still say that...a lot.'

So good.

That and Pit's genuine reaction("ah, that makes perfect sense, thank you") to "Let me make this easier for you: big monsters kill pit grrr" were the two lines that really cracked me up. I think this may have become a day one purchase for me. I hadn't really followed it, but both the dialogue and the gameplay in that video looked absolutely excellent.

NeoRausch

"Brutal sex scene"?
"nintendos god of war"?

da fuck? What do you guys smoke? That's the biggest shit since earlier this morning, when i left the restrooms.

it's a colorfull nintendo ip with some toung 'n cheek jokes. That's it. Stop that nonsense.

zroid

Banned
Finally, official art of Tempura Wizard:

Tmi2b.jpg

hot

...literally

It's not like that in the game. You go into the hot spring (one of many) with Magnus, and Magnus says something like "Hey, you're just going to wade out fully clothed?", "Yeah, I always need to be prepared. Besides, I don't want to steam the holy buns".

There's also talk about loins. And naughty thinking. And size jokes about Pit.

LOL oh maaaaan

Sweet Florida Evans, the voice acting is literally Hates-Tier levels of horrible. The dialog seems fun enough, but man lol Still can't wait :^)

Top Bottom