• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Tyeforce

Is it okay if I used this one? Thanks.
Wow, I thought people were done taking my avatars! XD Sure, you can have that one!

Here are the ones that are still available:

GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_Promo3.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png

GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_Anime_Pit_Thanatos.png
GAF_Anime_Pit3.png
GAF_Anime_Pit4.png
GAF_Anime_Palutena1.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png

GAF_Anime_Palutena_Pit.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_EggplantWizard2.png
GAF_TAKEN.png

GAF_Pit1.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_Pit_Blade1.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_Pit_Claws1.png
GAF_Pit_Claws2.png
GAF_Pit_Bow1.png
GAF_Pit_Bow2.png

GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_Pit_Staff2.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_Pit_Palm2.png
GAF_Pit_Club1.png
GAF_Pit_Club2.png
GAF_Pit_Cannon1.png
GAF_TAKEN.png

GAF_Pit_Orbitars1.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_Pit_Arm1.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_Fighter2.png

GAF_Palutena1.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_Medusa1.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_DarkLordGaol1.png
GAF_TAKEN.png

GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_BigReaper2.png
GAF_Reaper1.png
GAF_Reaper2.png
GAF_Reapette.png
GAF_Twinbellos1.png
GAF_Twinbellos2.png
GAF_Twinbellos3.png

GAF_Hewdraw1.png
GAF_Hewdraw2.png
GAF_Hewdraw3.png
GAF_Hewdraw4.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_CenturionStrongarm1.png
GAF_CenturionStrongarm2.png

GAF_Commylose.png
GAF_Ganewmede.png
GAF_Keron.png
GAF_Mick.png
GAF_Minos.png
GAF_TAKEN.png
GAF_Octos.png
GAF_Shemum.png

GAF_SpacePirateCaptain.png
GAF_SpacePirate1.png
GAF_SpacePirate2.png
GAF_SpacePirate3.png
GAF_Gloomerang.png
GAF_Orne1.png
GAF_Orne2.png
GAF_TAKEN.png

GAF_Remoblam1.png
GAF_Remoblam2.png
GAF_Shelbo.png
GAF_Shildee.png
GAF_Souflee.png
GAF_TreasureFish.png
GAF_Vakloom.png
GAF_TAKEN.png

Neiteio

OOOHH YEEEEEEAH! Amazon order has SHIPPED! Will be here TOMORROW!

There have been tons of great games lately (including such standouts as RER, Dear Esther, Alan Wake PC and Journey), but none have gotten me so HYPED as this.

*dances*

Neiteio

Maybe her feet stink.
That's actually a turn-on to foot fetish people. Although pleasant-smelling feet are fine too, just not as flavorful. The most flavorful feet are those of a woman who swam earlier in the day. You can taste the chlorine.

Hooray, Kid Icarus!

kunonabi

Wasn't expecting to buy this on release(limited funds) but I caved. Game just looks too awesome. Should get it Monday I think.

Shinobi,MGS3D, SM3DL, and now I'm getting Kid Icarus in a two-week period. 3DS is really pulling its weight for me.

zroid

Banned
My tracking info just updated and my game is now less than a 2 hour drive away! It's really gonna suck when UPS still doesn't deliver it until after 7 PM tomorrow.

The warehouses that the majority of my games ship from (Amazon, Best Buy, etc.) are a 40 minute drive away. Sometimes it still takes like 3 business days. :(

Shitty postal service

Has anyone in the US received their three free AR cards from Club Nintendo yet? I placed my order last Tuesday and they haven't arrived yet.

Meanwhile, I ordered the original DS thumb strap on Sunday night and it arrived today.

TDLink

Got my copy tonight at the national tournament.

My cards are:
Pit
Palutena
Dark pit
Three-headed Hedraw
Violet Palm
Stackjaw

Can they really be that random...?

It seems the 6 cards that come with the game are this:

• Pit
  • Palutena
  • Another named character (Magnus, Dark Pit, etc.)
  • A boss (Dark Lord Gaol, Three-Headed Hewdraw, etc.)
  • A weapon
  • A common enemy
So Pit and Palutena are the only "guaranteed" cards in every box.

Bullza2o

Has anyone in the US received their three free AR cards from Club Nintendo yet? I placed my order last Tuesday and they haven't arrived yet.

Meanwhile, I ordered the original DS thumb strap on Sunday night and it arrived today.
Not yet. If I don't receive it tomorrow I'll be pissed.

Thumb strap? I use the Wiimote strap on my 3DS and Vita. Quite safe I should say.

Not yet. If I don't receive it tomorrow I'll be pissed.

Thumb strap? I use the Wiimote strap on my 3DS and Vita. Quite safe I should say.

Can't bother finding a photo to link as I'm on my iPhone, but the original DS's wrist strap has a rounded plastic nub to secure to your thumb do you can use the touch screen with a stylus. I'm pretty sure that it's been brought several times in this thread.

So I'm going to use that instead of holding the stylus. It should work pretty damn well, I'll just have to get used to weird camera swipe controls.

Bullza2o

Can't bother finding a photo to link as I'm on my iPhone, but the original DS's wrist strap has a rounded plastic nub to secure to your thumb do you can use the touch screen with a stylus. I'm pretty sure that it's been brought several times in this thread.

So I'm going to use that instead of holding the stylus. It should work pretty damn well, I'll just have to get used to weird camera swipe controls.
Ah I just looked it up, and it's quite interesting. I sure hope using the stand is effective and comfortable, but I think it should be fine because it's another of Sakurai's genius ideas.

hatchx

Banned
I still can't believe this game is almost here

To celebrate, here's a montage of moments of me spending time with people in this thread. Please don't feel slighted if you're not included, it's hardly a definitive list. Anyway, make sure this music is playing first.

OK, here we go:

*sniff*

The memories.

Haha the music. Hahah I'm laughing so hard! cheers.

If you post this after e3 in the WiiU thread, people will probably cry.

EDIT - Aw shit, here you go making my avatar tear up.

sfried

Is kid icarus inspired by saint seiya ? i know that the names and universe are really all greek myth,but the first game was released in 1986,the same year that saint seiya aired from the first time in japan and pit kind looks like seiya(look and personality).
I would say "heavily inspired". Sakurai sure took liberties with the update when they made Pit with the Three Sacred Treasures looks like a Gold Saint. Of course it helps that the original source material looks quite close in the first place, so it's a logical step.

SmithnCo

I'm pretty hyped for tomorrow, sucks that Amazon doesn't send out the 3D classics download beforehand so I could run through it again, but whatevs.

To celebrate, here's a montage of moments of me spending time with people in this thread. Please don't feel slighted if you're not included, it's hardly a definitive list. Anyway, make sure this music is playing first.

OK, here we go:

*sniff*

The memories.

Haha, that is amazing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
*sigh* I wish this game was more focused on the flight segments. They have a good thing going there.

It seems the 6 cards that come with the game are this:

• Pit
  • Palutena
  • Another named character (Magnus, Dark Pit, etc.)
  • A boss (Dark Lord Gaol, Three-Headed Hewdraw, etc.)
  • A weapon
  • A common enemy
So Pit and Palutena are the only "guaranteed" cards in every box.

Palutena's not guaranteed. One of the Nintendo World staff members pulled Pit and Magnus along with four other cards.

DarkWish

137 scans of Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Cards!

Thanks to the contributions of a few people, I've gone from 76 scans the other day to 137 scans now! I also have 165 cards listed total, with the highest number being 404 (which means there are at least 404 cards).

EDIT: Make that 173 total cards listed, someone emailed me a couple more to add to the list.

----------------

I have a few cards that are not scanned in that list. If needed I can get them scanned in a few days.

GDC 2012 Packs
155 - Poseidon Cannon
203 - Shrip
235 - Leox
255 - Fort Oink
If you could scan just the ones I quoted above, that would be awesome! I already have scans of the other ones you listed. Thanks!

*sniff*

The memories.
Yay, I'm included! Haha nice choice of music.

137 scans of Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Cards!

Thanks to the contributions of a few people, I've gone from 76 scans the other day to 137 scans now! I also have 165 cards listed total, with the highest number being 404 (which means there are at least 404 cards).

----------------

If you could scan just the ones I quoted above, that would be awesome! I already have scans of the other ones you listed. Thanks!

Yay, I'm included! Haha nice choice of music.

do we get hearts from scanning those or something?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

OK, here we go:

http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=33384&dateline=1329635201
http://asset3.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=28940&dateline=1329103060

*sniff*

The memories.
The dudebro/sex symbol dychotomy is jarring.

Jarsonot

So I'm tempted to just scan all those cards, but then I'm thinking that maybe those are rewards for doing things? And I like it when I get rewards, so maybe I don't want to scan them right away...

<sigh> the decisions.

Top Bottom