• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So I'm tempted to just scan all those cards, but then I'm thinking that maybe those are rewards for doing things? And I like it when I get rewards, so maybe I don't want to scan them right away...

<sigh> the decisions.

Scanning cards earns you a 'trophy' of that character/object, and you can unlock many of these normally throughout the game, either by meeting certain stage requirements (time/damage/difficulty), or by gambling for new idols (think like the coin machine in SSB Melee).

So yeah, scanning the cards will skip a lot of that.

Jarsonot

Scanning cards earns you a 'trophy' of that character/object, and you can unlock many of these normally throughout the game, either by meeting certain stage requirements (time/damage/difficulty), or by gambling for new idols (think like the coin machine in SSB Melee).

So yeah, scanning the cards will skip a lot of that.

Awesome, good to know. I'll hold off for awhile and then see which ridiculously difficult ones I'm missing, or if it's all just down to random chance at that point I'll scan what I don't have. =)

Busaiku

Ugh, it seriously pisses me off that every other region in the world has the chance to "buy" cards in some way.
If the magazines had random cards, I'd probably have wasted a chunk getting several copies of each.

Wow, I thought people were done taking my avatars! XD Sure, you can have that one!

Here are the ones that are still available:

GAF_BigReaper1.png

Got it, thanks yo

Bullza2o

Thank to UPS I will have to wait until 6:00-7:00 PM to play Kid Icarus. :(
Has Ensenda ever delivered Amazon packages to you? When it was SC2 launch day it took until 6pm for it to be delivered. The wait was so agonizing, so I certainly know how you feel :(. Thankfully UPS/Fedex deliver before noon usually. I pray nothing happens to my local UPS driver today.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Has Ensenda ever delivered Amazon packages to you? When it was SC2 launch day it took until 6pm for it to be delivered. The wait was so agonizing, so I certainly know how you feel :(. Thankfully UPS/Fedex deliver before noon usually. I pray nothing happens to my local UPS driver today.

Nope, never even heard of them.

TDLink

Palutena's not guaranteed. One of the Nintendo World staff members pulled Pit and Magnus along with four other cards.

I was primarily basing that off of all the different unboxings and pictures people have taken of what they got, not hard evidence. So it is possible. It at least seems Palutena has a high probability of being pulled since you are the first person I have heard from that has witnessed her not being included. Perhaps there are just two "named character" cards you get and since there aren't many (Palutena, Dark Pit, Magnus, and Medusa?) that probably limits the possibilities.

Okay, I'm trying to get a full set of cards between my boyfriend and myself. I'm currently trying to compile information on all of the beta/pre-release cards. They are non-numbered, and have different logos and backs. We have the PAX prime 2011 packs (pit, medusa and palutena) and they say "PAX prime 2011" on the back. I am aware that these three cards were also given away at E3 2011 with different backs, as seen here: (Also, I am more than willing to take these off your hands if you wish to sell me a pack! I can give you my ebay/cag/gametz info in a pm! I have one extra size L kid Icarus shirt from the tourney today, maybe we can trade?)

http://tinycartridge.com/post/19430402912/kid-icarus-uprisings-ar-idol-cards-final

However, joystiq seems to have pictures of beta monster cards, etc. Were these one of a kind cards demoing at E3? Does anyone actually OWN them and would they be willing to sell them to me? Or did they all get shipped back to Nintendo?
http://i.joystiq.com/2011/06/09/build-your-kid-icarus-ar-card-deck-early/

I feel like we should get a community AR card trade/FAQ thread going.
I have quadruples...

Edit: oh, the betas were also given away at SDCC. Anywhere else?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Does this game have multiple saves?

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned there are three slots, I believe.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand that's why you don't open all the threads that interest you in tabs to get to later.

Plan of operation: walk to Game$top, get KI, download code, play KI on the way to work, return Operation Raccoon City in Redbox, stop by McDonalds, or Panera Bread to connect to WiFi, download 3D Classic Kid Icarus, go to work, ???, profit!

guek

Banned
Question: Does this game have the best VA of any nintendo game so far? Nintendo VA has historically been somewhere between meh and awful. All the VA I've heard so far sound great.

Codeblue

Not sure if this has been brought up but BestBuy has this up for $30 on their website for those of you on the fence. Hopefully Amazon price matches or gives some credit out, time to use the "tell us about a lower price" feature.

Famassu

Now that was strange but, the nice person who sell me the game in the shop where I came asked me if there was anything else I wanted to pre-order, and nothing came to mind until the Wii U. Wtf with the Nintendo planning?
Uhh... Fire Emblem? Luigi's Mansion 2? Mario Tennis 3D? Paper Mario 3D? Animal Crossing?

Pretty pumped for this, can't wait until my order arrives.

Also, for those who don't have it preordered, it's $30 at bestbuy.com right now. Not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread or not.

edit: lol, I have poor observation skills

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Came to share about the $30 BB price, see it's already been covered, leave happy that this community is on top of things :)

That was a very quick bomba! ;p

I don't even care. Can't wait to play my $40 copy tomorrow! ;p

Poyunch

Man should have pre-ordered from Best Buy. :/

edit: Goddamn UPS. Live in Southern California and the warehouse facility is in AZ. Logically UPS sends the thing to Ontario to bring it over here. Jesus.

Metal B

Well, have the game since yesterday.
I'm really surprised how fast, i get use to the controls. At first i tried to find an alternative, but after the first level to try out the normal control setup it became naturally instantly. I also changed some options to make the cursor faster and stop earlier, what helps i think. You have a great overview and movement by swiping the screen, what leads to quick camera changes, so that you mostly never need the camera button. The stylus and touchscreen give the game really precise controls, better then with an analog-stick and touchscreen alone.
But sadly it becomes really hard to hold the controller after some time. I didn't use the stand, so it could properly help, but without it, playing can become a little painful. It's still a great game and possible i find a better way to hold the 3DS. Also the levels are not that long, so it counters the problem if you make short breaks after each level.

Robin64

Woke up this morning to find a SpotPass for this game already. It was a weapon from Palutena! Blade class, looked awesome as hell and had a load of stats. Don't yet have enough hearts to claim it, but how nice of her.

Top Bottom