• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Evilisk

967.gif

Too bad in-show, Inumuta is probably the most irrelevant of the Elite 4

This is beautiful. I think I read that Mako's VA actually deliberately cut her hair to look like Mako's.

Yes she did

So I fucking love this show and I haven't seen TTGL. Should I?

Probably. Don't listen to cosmicblizzard though, not necessarily because he's wrong but because you don't want to set your expectations too high.

This might've been posted already, but here's Blumenkranz sung by someone who actually speaks German for anyone interested;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v4u4Gry178

Yes, it has been posted already.

BIGWORM

Too bad in-show, Inumuta is probably the most irrelevant of the Elite 4

Yes she did

Probably. Don't listen to cosmicblizzard though, not necessarily because he's wrong but because you don't want to set your expectations too high.

Yes, it has been posted already.

It's probably in the top 20 animes ever made. Definitely not number 1, but still in a VERY respectable place.

Giolon

I tried watching Gurren Lagann when it came out and couldn't get through the first episode. Maybe I should try again...I enjoy KLK so much.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
One of the things that should stick out at you is just how much bigger of a budget gurren lagann had compared to KLK

Ushiwaka

The fact that KLK will end in 2 episodes makes me sad :( Haven't had this much fun with an anime in a long time.

What are the chances of a second season?

Evilisk

The fact that KLK will end in 2 episodes makes me sad :( Haven't had this much fun with an anime in a long time.

I guess it all depends on how the series ends? Honestly I don't think there's anyway to know other than that. All that's known for sure is that they already have their work cut out for them; they still have to work on Little Witch Academia 2, the second Inferno Cop series and that other anime that's an LN adaptation.

So even if they end up teasing a second season for KLK (and that's still a very big if at this point), it'd definitely be a while before we got it anyways.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I started watching this and I feel like a pervert.

I doubt we'll get another season. Gurren Lagann, a far more successful anime from the same people, did not get a second season. The best we can probably hope for is shorter spin-off works or a movie.

It gets more perverted, but if you can tolerate that for the action, you're in for a treat.

Mononoke

Banned

As someone that does not like fanservice, I know how you feel. When I first started watching the show, I thought it had some cringe inducing moments. But like I said a couple pages back, you have to approach this show like a b-movie/grind house film, where sex, violence and absurdity is the exploitation. If you can approach the show that way, then it becomes more enjoyable.

Basically, don't expect any substance. It's the over the top writing, characters, and action that really makes this show fun. At least for me, you start to become numb to all the fanservice as the series progresses.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I didn't say perverted was a bad thing.

: )

Sigmaah

Watched the first episode yesterday and it had me fucking dying of laughter. Plus the combat and animation are superb imo.

Am I in for a treat as I continue to watch this?

Top Bottom