• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Kukuk

Banned
This thread is shipping so hard. lol.

That's half the fun of the show.

1394994617600zhiph.jpg

Ninjimbo

So as someone who hated Gurren, is this show any better or more of the same?
Gurren might be a GOAT for me, and KLK doesn't reach that. I don't think it's trying to either. KLK is more wacky, goofy, and a more messier work as a result. Personally, I love it. However, if you disliked Gurren's tone, KLK is that times ten, so you won't like it.

?

That's a perfectly acceptable translation.

Acceptable...depending on what they were going for...maybe.

But it sounds better as Naked Sun....just as the hiragana on the screen said when the ship name popped up...

They didn't even represent the -maru (S.S.) portion . Aikurō Mikisugi shouts "hadaka no taiyou maru." Other subs have it as "S.S. Naked Sun".

I get it..."sol" is spanish for sun, which was derived from latin....of which I as a viewer do not know ahead of time. But owing that I can read the hiragana on the screen, and seeing "sol" has me scratching my head as to why it says that.

They're being obtuse and have free reign as long as it makes SOME sense....okay. /shrug

Blader

Damn, another great ep. I was kind of going back and forth on this show for a long time, but everything from the end of the school raid trip to now has been killer.

We're all going to shed manly tears when Gamagoori sacrifices himself to save mako Kittan style.

;_;

Goddammit, I forgot we're probably overdue for an endgame killing spree. :\

A-V-B

We're all going to shed manly tears when Gamagoori sacrifices himself to save mako Kittan style.

;_;

I'm not sure I can take another series where none of the main characters are allowed to be happy with anyone else after the end. I'm already pretty sure Ryuuko's toast. Killing Gamagoori would just be really super cruel.

TheOGB

Banned
Hell, I'll be messed up if they get my guy Uzu.

At least if it's Tsumugu or something no one will care at this point
:(

Epcott

Cruising wikipedia made me realize that this show is almost like a modern Project A-ko.

A-ko - Ryuko: the fiery tempered inhumanly strong protagonist who wants to protect her best friend.

B-ko - Satsuki: the pampered rival and daughter of a tycoon, who always gets her way.

C-ko - Mako: the child like plucky friend of protagonist, usually in trouble, sometimes referring herself in third person.

Omg how did I not see this before?

Clott

I am so glad I was able to resist watching the series, I plan to marathon it during the next week. I did the same thing with Gurren Lagann and it was totally worth it.

Avixph

Cruising wikipedia made me realize that this show is almost like a modern Project A-ko.

A-ko - Ryuko: the fiery tempered inhumanly strong protagonist who wants to protect her best friend.

B-ko - Satsuki: the pampered rival and daughter of a tycoon, who always gets her way.

C-ko - Mako: the child like plucky friend of protagonist, usually in trouble, sometimes referring herself in third person.

Omg how did I not see this before?

There are a lot of similar anime.

Vito

Banned
Ha, thanks for fixing my error Nickodemos and sorry 'bout that Rebel Leader, copy pasted the wrong link since I was wrestling with the youtube downloader. Here's a reuploaded preview for the 2nd drama CD as an apology:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1hr1fy

Seems Aniplex posted it on youtube for days ago and I missed it.

omg_mjd

Mako showing up out of nowhere in her Fight Club uniform was so badass. I didn't think we'd get to see that again. One of my favorite moments in the whole series so far.

Emitan

Acceptable...depending on what they were going for...maybe.

But it sounds better as Naked Sun....just as the hiragana on the screen said when the ship name popped up...

They didn't even represent the -maru (S.S.) portion . Aikurō Mikisugi shouts "hadaka no taiyou maru." Other subs have it as "S.S. Naked Sun".

I get it..."sol" is spanish for sun, which was derived from latin....of which I as a viewer do not know ahead of time. But owing that I can read the hiragana on the screen, and seeing "sol" has me scratching my head as to why it says that.

They're being obtuse and have free reign as long as it makes SOME sense....okay. /shrug

You should probably know the name of your own sun :p

Vito

Banned
Looks like the French have the first boxset listed

http://www.wakanim.tv/actu/communaute-5/1QN/kill-la-kill-box-1-en-edition-collector-limitee

I really hope that the UK edition won't be the same in terms of disc count, cause the Japanese video looks really nice. It's got the Anime LImited logo on it, who are affiliated with Wakanim... not a lot of info regarding extras though.

Or I'm just paranoid/disappointed after seeing the screenshots for the US Ranma release yesterday. I decided not to get the JP set due to costs, since Aniplex USA will most likely bring it to the US and if SAO is anything to go by it won't be cheap, so a decent UK release would be an interesting alternative.

Top Bottom