• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Vito

Banned
BjROOp5CIAAbaTS.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/bluerat08281/status/447068277290717184

Mononoke

Banned
I feel like this is the kind of show, that needs a happy ending. I dunno. I mean, just the overall style and tone of the show. If they make it really sad/serious instead of being over the top and triumphant, it will feel weird. At this point, everyone wants the triumphant ending. And it's not they like they committed enough to the serious side of the show, to really pull off a dark ending (at least IMO they haven't. Would feel contrived).

I feel like this is the kind of show, that needs a happy ending. I dunno. I mean, just the overall style and tone of the show. If they make it really sad/serious instead of being over the top and triumphant, it will feel weird. At this point, everyone wants the triumphant ending. And it's not they like they committed enough to the serious side of the show, to really pull off a dark ending (at least IMO they haven't. Would feel contrived).

Yep. This is not time to get Gurren Lagann with the ending. Gurren Lagann was awesome, but wow if your heart didn't sunk with every death scene. This can't go the same way because they didn't do anyhing with the rest of the series to prepare the audience for that type iof ending.
And it's not bad if we get the triumphant, funny, happy "Everybody lives!" ending for once.

Tuck

I would agree with this.

...But I've seen the ending of Gurren Lagann.

Psxphile

"Hey, Ryouko."
"Huh?"
"You know how my Bakuzan and your Sword-Scissors can keep Life Fibers from regenerating?"
"Yeah."
"Do you think they work on Godrobes?"
"How would I know? You'd have to try it..."

Terrible attempt (would it make more sense if the roles were reversed?), but I think my message is clear: hope for the best, but expect the worst. I predict we'll see some meltdowns in this thread next week, whatever the outcome.

Eusis

You know what i mean lol
tumblr_mx94votIZu1t0stwoo1_250.gif
Well, except for some of those people eaten up by the original life fiber it seems, but they were basically crazy cultists who willingly drank the Kool-Aid anyway so who cares.
They're going to pull everyone out of the ocean in the next episode, aren't they?

Well, there's also the primary villains. At this point it'd be outright surreal to have them live.

Clov

Well, there's also the primary villains. At this point it'd be outright surreal to have them live.

Watch, now the series will end with Nui cutting Ryuko into several pieces, which will be scattered across the world. They'll have to be collected in order for her to be put back together, teasing a second season that will never arrive.
Hopefully not

Bombless

Ep 24 speculation : Ryuuko sacrifices herself and melds with senketsu creating the ultimate godrobe, which either Satsuki or Mako gets to wear and beat the crap out of Ragyo.

THE END

rexor0717

Someone on tumblr pointed out that in the intro when Ryuko is all bound up, it shows Senketsu with both eyes open. If that happens, I'm going to need a mop to clean my brains off the floor.

TCKaos

Someone on tumblr pointed out that in the intro when Ryuko is all bound up, it shows Senketsu with both eyes open. If that happens, I'm going to need a mop to clean my brains off the floor.

I'm pretty sure that Soichiro Kiriyuin didn't actually lose his eye and just placed a patch over it, though I haven't watched episode 18 in a while. I could be wrong. Senketsu probably actually still has both eyes but doesn't remember due to the loss of his memory.

We also still (very deliberately on Trigger's part) haven't heard Soichiro's voice, so there's that.

Junketsu also doesn't visually have a million eyes, so I'm not sure that that's all about. Maybe it's just to reveal its monstrous nature.

NotLiquid

So does anyone remember how Episode 22 explicitly teased that Nui would brutalize Rei despite her seemingly not giving two shits about it

Final episode theory:
Team Dai-Nudist manages to score the lead on Ragyou and kicks her ass for a few moments.
Rei can't handle the heat and gets spit out by the uniform.
Nui gets pissed off at Rei for not powering the suit to it's full potential, a result of being only human. Nui considers her an insult to her honor and craftsmanship, and a disgrace to the Kiryuin agenda.
Rei is brutally murdered in a fit of rage while watching Ragyou fight a losing battle.
Then Nui takes matters into her own hands, forces herself into Ragyou and the suit, becoming the monstrous final boss.

A-V-B

The Naked Sun Ship scene was really cool. It's also totally obvious that
the broken parts of the ship will be used as giant scissor blades...somehow.

Been pretty obvious from the start that Honnouji is
a giant seifuku gunman.

NEO0MJ

Watch, now the series will end with Nui cutting Ryuko into several pieces, which will be scattered across the world. They'll have to be collected in order for her to be put back together, teasing a second season that will never arrive.
Hopefully not

Why you gotta remind me, brah ;_;

I'm assuming everyone saw this already but just in case...

tumblr_n2netxjgf61st714do1_500.jpg

mind blown...

This was mentioned a lot a long time ago. It would be pretty funny if it turned out be a red herring, though.

so uh

is
nui
dead yet
South la Park
- Oh my God, they didn't kill Nui!
- You bastards!

Still can't connect the dots on Satsuki's background from the OP.
I would have sworn it was foreshadowing Satsuki
being worn by Shinra-Koketsu
It could still happen though. Maybe
it will consume Ragyo and go berserk, then Satsuki will jump in and try to control it, allowing Ryuko to destroy it.

Verelios

True Shield Gamagori is great, only slightly surpassed by the manly visage of Kiryuin Satsuki, the true protagonist of KLK.

I did love the Mako powering the boat scene, especially the direction and animation.

Soriku

even Sakurai love kill la kill
10011520_10203498292448101_1007906215_n.jpg

Woah.

Good set up episode. I liked the fight with Ragyo. Also Monkey Man getting in the first shot against her!

As always I like when Blumenkranz plays in this show. I kinda feel the song gives off a different feel than the rest of the show, but in a good way.

Mononoke

Banned
I see this ending with
Junketsu having to die (finally saying something to Satsuki ala The End to Anemone in Eureka 7), as well as Senketsu dying (possibly along with Ryuko). I'd imagine they want to completely eliminate Life Fibres from the planet or something and it will involve at least losing the Kamuis. Ryuko's fate will be the interesting part

I hope Trigger knocks it out of the park with the final episode. Give us an over the top, feast for the eyes please! They way the end card seems to hype them up makes me think they'll at least try.

Yeah I could see
either Junketsu or Senketsu dying. I think it's one way they could make it dramatic, and still allow everyone to walk away from the whole ordeal. Ryuko would be devastated of course, but having her sister will replace that loss (and same goes for Satsuki).

Top Bottom