• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Sigmaah

Just caught up and omfg I love this show so much.

The humor, the visuals, the characters... Everything about it is so good.

And omfg do I love Nui and Nonon! Ryuko da best tho.

I don't want it to end :(

Just caught up and omfg I love this show so much.

The humor, the visuals, the characters... Everything about it is so good.

And omfg do I love Nui and Nonon! Ryuko da best tho.

I don't want it to end :(

dont worry
fans will make sure theres plenty of fanfics,fanart,abridged,etc
and maybe well get a movie or 2 as well

MSMrRound

7N21JPv.jpg

Embrace the nani sore

Nonon's voice would seem annoying on its own, but coupled with her snide-as-all-hell attitude and some master troll faces it creates something magical. Nonon is great.

I don't even find Nui all that annoying; that's much more of a "love to hate" type of thing for me.
This.

Nonon da best.

Amikami

Banned
God episode 23 was sooo gud. Mako's amazing and f*** the Nonon haters. She was always the best elite other than Ira. Can't believe this show is ending this week.

don't worry guys, Tsumugu will play a large role in the last episode

when he dies in a heroic move to join his dead sister (ragyo)

Eusis

I wonder if he would've stood a chance at being relevant if the Elite Four didn't get to be the primary fighters for Nudist Beach in the end? It'd probably have helped too if he wasn't introduced as if he could kick ass when that seemed to be more of an isolated incident.

Evilisk

I wonder if he would've stood a chance at being relevant if the Elite Four didn't get to be the primary fighters for Nudist Beach in the end? It'd probably have helped too if he wasn't introduced as if he could kick ass when that seemed to be more of an isolated incident.

Sanageyama and Gama being primary fighters for NB makes sense. And Inu was never shown to actually be on the front lines so that works too.

What doesn't make sense is Nonon being a fighter. She wasn't characterized to be that kind of person, and let's say even if she did somehow have a knack for it, it doesn't make sense that she'd somehow be better at Tsumugu doing it considering Tsumugu actually trains + and has more experience and time on her.

Nonon should have been relegated to background planning or doing some leadership role after losing her Goku Uniform instead of taking Tsumugu's spot (that or she should have been Ragyo's mole and become a villain since it'd actually suit her character a LOT better).

I blame the Job-obori Robo

Fixed

Eusis

I really like Blumenkranz. It's an addictive song to listen to, even if the translation is borderline gibberish.
I have a hard time following lyrics anyway so it's all about the melody in each song. And yeah, I really like that song.
Nonon should have been relegated to background planning or doing some leadership role after losing her Goku Uniform instead of taking Tsumugu's spot (that or she should have been Ragyo's mole and become a villain since it'd actually suit her character a LOT better).
Yeah, though maybe they REALLY wanted to get more fan service in. Still, it seems kind of crazy how irrelevant he was even before Ryuko woke up.

Evilisk

I really like Blumenkranz. It's an addictive song to listen to, even if the translation is borderline gibberish.

I can agree with this

Definitely this

Yeah, though maybe they REALLY wanted to get more fan service in. Still, it seems kind of crazy how irrelevant he was even before Ryuko woke up.

Yeah, that should have been his time.

And to be honest, if it was for fanservice reasons, she would still have been wearing that NB outfit and would still have gotten her (terrible) new uniform anyway, there wasn't really any reason to have her suddenly be this fighter as good/better than Tsumugu.

Verelios

I honestly can't see the appeal of the DTRs. They're not particularly strong, or fast, or even resistant since a bunch of them were easily taken out at the cross country raid. Their main function looks to be getting jobbed.

Then again, I'm wondering if Nonons and Gamas goku uniforms are actually stronger than they previously were. It doesn't seem like it. Just based on their fighting styles, how they're fighting now seems inefficient.

Inumata aside, because I have no idea what to expect with him. And Sanegayama is just Kote!!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I can agree with this

Definitely this

Yeah, that should have been his time.

And to be honest, if it was for fanservice reasons, she would still have been wearing that NB outfit and would still have gotten her (terrible) new uniform anyway, there wasn't really any reason to have her suddenly be this fighter as good/better than Tsumugu.

They never said nonon couldnt fight, she wouldnt be part of the 4 devas if all she could do was command people, thats what satsuki's job is for.

Evilisk

They never said nonon couldnt fight, she wouldnt be part of the 4 devas if all she could do was command people, thats what satsuki's job is for.

Except Inu has shown that people don't need combat ability to be part of her Elite 4 (Inu never fought once in his uniformless period). And it's not like there's anything wrong with having a tactical second in command as Satsuki can't be everywhere at once, and they did have a relatively large army to command before the Festival.

Besides that though, I don't think combat ability without uniform necessarily mattered to Satsuki since that weakness would be covered by the Goku Uniforms (Satsuki had never planned to actually lose at the Festival and for everyone to be put into the situation that they were)

Also while yeah they never said she couldn't fight, she'd been characterised as the leaderly type from as far back as kindergarten (not to mention before becoming NB she'd never been shown in any combat scenario without her Uniform or an army of some sort to command)

And my main problem is her somehow being as good as Gama, Sanageyama and Tsumugu, not that she can fight at all

A-V-B

He's basically the Kittan of the series, so he'll probably go the same way.

Unless they decide to end the series by killing no one. Ragyo spins away into space Darth Vader style and never to return, Nui committed to mental hospital to maintain her condition.

Mendrox

Movie, 4 episode finale or anything else is coming for sure. I don't think, even with Trigger pacing, that Kill la Kill gets resolved. I am prepared for troll ending.

Will go watch Captain America 2, after that will do cutlet all you can eat and then watch last episode together with a friend. Will be epic.

TheOGB

Banned
Too bad his role since his introduction has been basically nil. Intro was too hyped.
The sad thing about Nudist Beach is that they set up the whole clothing vs. nudity thing, and it started with Tsumugu being a badass formidable opponent, but then episode 12 happens and it's suddenly clear that all the nudists are boned because there's just no fucking way to stop these clothed monsters. Nudist Beach collectively became Yamcha to the life fiber using saiyans in an instant.

That's one of the weird/unfortunate things about the scope/focus of this show.

A-V-B

The sad thing about Nudist Beach is that they set up the whole clothing vs. nudity thing, and it started with Tsumugu being a badass formidable opponent, but then episode 12 happens and it's suddenly clear that all the nudists are boned because there's just no fucking way to stop these clothed monsters. Nudist Beach collectively became Yamcha to the life fiber using saiyans in an instant.

That's one of the weird/unfortunate things about the scope/focus of this show.

Totally agree. I was expecting more depth from them than we got. And I am pretty sad, in a way, that they dropped Ryuuko's theme of "we don't have to kill all the life fibers, look at Senketsu!"

Nope, all life fibers really are evil/mindless, and it took genetically modifying some to make them anything other than space monsters.

Oh well.

sohois

What was particularly disappointing about nudist beach is how they were portrayed as some powerful organisation fighting in the shadows when Tsumugu was introduced, able to produce powerful anti clothing weapons and train skilled operatives.

Yet by the end of the school raid trip, they've basically just become 2 guys and a bunch of redshirts. I would have thought there was a bit more to them, maybe some more higher ups instead of just Ryuko's dad and a throwaway character.

Top Bottom