• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Eusis

Yeah I could see
either Junketsu or Senketsu dying. I think it's one way they could make it dramatic, and still allow everyone to walk away from the whole ordeal. Ryuko would be devastated of course, but having her sister will replace that loss (and same goes for Satsuki).
I can't imagine
Satsuki being all that broken up over Junketsu dying or anything. At most it might be a Lordgenome thing where he makes his big redemptive sacrifice for the sake of everyone else.

Hero

Ran through the series this week.

I really like the art, characters and music. I just wish the fight choreography was there.

So hyped for the last episode.

Mononoke

Banned
I can't imagine
Satsuki being all that broken up over Junketsu dying or anything. At most it might be a Lordgenome thing where he makes his big redemptive sacrifice for the sake of everyone else.

Absolutely.
What I meant to say was, for Ryuko, Satsuki can fill the void of Senketsu. And for Satsuki, she already has Ryuko. She was driven (partly), because of her sisters death, and now she has her back. My point was, by killing off one of the suits (or both), it fulfills the dramatic/emotional aspect of the finale, while allowing everyone else to walk away.

That said, you are right in that it would have to be Senketsu, because Satsuki doesn't have a deep relationship with Junketsu. Junketsu being destroyed wouldn't fulfill this. But she has Ryuko, so it's okay.

TheOGB

Banned
Damn son
tumblr_n2tu71BPiu1qfb777o1_1280.jpg

A-V-B

I can't imagine

I'd love it if that happened and
Senketsu can hear what Junketsu's saying to Satsuki, and relays the message via Ryuuko. It's sort of insane and cheesy, but that's exactly the sort of thing Trigger could make work.

I just dunno how they're going to fit this all into 20 minutes. I have a terrible feeling it'll all happen too fast to have a proper impact.

rexor0717

If Senketsu dies I'm going to be mad. I know it's a somewhat anthropomorphic situation, but it still feels strange to me that a uniform is one of my favorite characters in the show.

A-V-B

If Senketsu dies I'm going to be mad. I know it's a somewhat anthropomorphic situation, but it still feels strange to me that a uniform is one of my favorite characters in the show.

He's not a uniform, he's a person! :(

I wonder if there are any other good life fibers out there who don't like what they're a part of... we'll probably never know :(

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm up to episode 6 now, so I haven't been reading this thread.

It's not as charming as TTGL, but it's still awesome as heck. Love the characters and the aesthetic. My little brother has some kind of pent-up anger towards this show though, so I'm totally expecting it to suddenly turn to shit.

I hope that doesn't happen!

Jintor

I like (and dislike lol) how the ultimate costumes combine their normal Regalia and their Nudist 'uniforms'. Although I thought the love heart over Nonon's crotch was maybe a little much.

God the stupid flying jet form of the Kamuis is so goddamn ugly though.

I laughed when the ED credits got interrupted. I love those kinds of gags.

Gbraga

It's not as charming as TTGL, but it's still awesome as heck. Love the characters and the aesthetic. My little brother has some kind of pent-up anger towards this show though, so I'm totally expecting it to suddenly turn to shit.

The exact opposite, actually.

Gbraga

Shit turns into this show?

That'd be an awesome twist.

HAHAHAHAHA

Damn you, Brazil!! *fist shake*

I really hate Nonon's voice

I did at first too, didn't like anything about her, even her powerup was dumb, but she really grew on me for some reason, now even her voice sounds cute.

If Satsuki wasn't so best at everything she'd probably be my favorite.

Did anyone else get flashbacks to Persona 4 when they saw Shinra Koketsu?

P4 Spoilers:
SK looks exactly like the robe Izanami was wearing during the final boss fight. Plus, Ragyo's massive, multicolored eye in the last few seconds of the episode instantly made me think of Ameno-Sagiri.

It's a bit of a long shot, but could it have been a shout-out to the game?

His pent up anger may have something to do with a certain annoying as all hell bitch.

Nui.jpg

TheOGB

Banned
Embrace the nani sore

Nonon's voice would seem annoying on its own, but coupled with her snide-as-all-hell attitude and some master troll faces it creates something magical. Nonon is great.

I don't even find Nui all that annoying; that's much more of a "love to hate" type of thing for me.

Eusis

Nonon's voice is oddly likeable for me. Maybe it helps that she wasn't really the kind of character I expected/feared her to be from initially seeing her and instead Nui was closer to that.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I also find nonon's voice fairly charming.
edit: I also dont find Nui nearly as annoying as you guys make her out to be, infact I dont really find her annoying at all, though I am a person thats hard to annoy, she is a person created for the purpose of "love to hate" and I think she has done her job fine.

RoyalFool

Banned
Felt short changed by this episode after the amazing build up last week, I'd rather they didn't bother teasing mako's comeback when they clearly didn't have the animation budget to do the fight justice this episode, ended up just being a slap stick slide show.

Hope this means the budget is going into the finale

Clov

Nonon's voice is incredible. It's only suitable that the best character has the best voice.

I still like Nui. Yeah, part of it is because she's cute and I like her design. But I love how she keeps surviving and ruining things for everyone. It's great!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
itCVJhphMdF9C.png

I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ideal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I never die with regrets.

Evilisk

BROTHER!

She's... just annoying. Especially in the beginning, she did get SLIGHTLY better in the latter half, but I still can't stand her.

You mean she got worse

She's not even the same character anymore

Seriously, I'd take 'Satsuki's "best friend" power leeching smug as shit' Nonon over 'boring, overly competent and "whorely" dressed' Nonon

zeemumu

Nui's a much better character when her and Ryuko's powers are even. She seemed completely pointless at the beginning when she basically had the power to kill off any character except Ragyo whenever she wanted. It's like when you're playing an MMO and there's that one guy who's maxed out and for some reason feels the need to hang around in a starter area and kill everyone. There's a bit of rivalry now that Ryuko has the weaponry and power to beat Nui.

I have to wonder, though: with
no scissor blade and new hands that, according to Ragyo, are weaker than her original ones
, Would she be any match for Ryuko at this point, or has she gotten to that Viral level where it's all downhill after your first defeat?

Eusis

I have to wonder, though: with
no scissor blade and new hands that, according to Ragyo, are weaker than her original ones
, Would she be any match for Ryuko at this point, or has she gotten to that Viral level where it's all downhill after your first defeat?
Are they really? I figured
being essentially prosthetics they just weren't going to be as nimble or have the fine motor control of her original fingers, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's inherently weaker in a fight. But then I guess that could screw you up still anyway.

zeemumu

Are they really? I figured
being essentially prosthetics they just weren't going to be as nimble or have the fine motor control of her original fingers, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's inherently weaker in a fight. But then I guess that could screw you up still anyway.

Her speed was her best attribute, and was the only thing that was stopping Ryuko from killing her, really. I don't think
her new arms are supposed to be quite as fast or accurate as her old ones, but then again maybe Ragyo rigged them to explode or something, because she doesn't seem like the type to tolerate failure. If she wasn't already made of life fibers, I'd say that the life fibers in her arms were going to cause some kind of Resident Evil transformation.

Top Bottom