• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

joe2187

Banned
This reminds me that I still have to play Anarchy Reigns.

Oh god, I love everything about this.

That just reminded me of my favorite Anarchy reigns fan art.

tumblr_mgpbw2R9VJ1rz0iopo1_500.jpg

I consider this picture to be canon, and I will accept nothing else.

Episode 4 was the best. The fight/story focused eps are entertaining, but gradually have nothing to do with the school setting and are formulaic. 4 was hilarious and had switched things up considerably.

TTGL ep. 4 was the worst, but this 4 is the best

Xerotwo

Gorillaz

GOing to watch Gurren Lagann over the weekend, since I"m stuck out in the middle of nowhere with family.

Is it in the same "style" as Kill la Kill is? Heard alot about it

ckohler

Pretty awesome. "Don't Loose Your Way!" Such a great theme.

GOing to watch Gurren Lagann over the weekend, since I"m stuck out in the middle of nowhere with family.

I think it's amazing. Hope you like it. After you've seen it, you should understand why I think it's a perfect fit for Toonami (and probably a better fit than Kill la Kill, tbh).

Be warned that episode 4 is the black sheep of the series. It was animated by an entirely different director and is the only episode that looks that way.

Gorillaz

Yes, but the scale is much larger by the end. It's a mecha series, but the presentation is the same.

I think it's amazing. Hope you like it. After you've seen it, you should understand why I think it's a perfect fit for Toonami (and probably a better fit than Kill la Kill, tbh).

Be warned that episode 4 is the black sheep of the series. It was animated by an entirely different director and is the only episode that looks that way.

Thanks, will watch over the weekend, gotta find way to kill time out here in the middle of the country

Giolon

Yes and no. Yes, in that the same people made both shows so you can expect some similarities in terms of their frequently absurdist brand of humor. No, in that they are very different types of shows. KLK starts out as almost a parody of the shonen school-rivalry monster-of-the-week type shows mashed up w/ some magical girl flavor and ridiculous amounts of fanservice and ends up as...who really knows what, whereas Gurren Lagann is basically an homage to mecha shows through the ages, starts out very small and ends up bigger than you can imagine.

I didn't personally like GL nearly as much as KLK, but most people seem to prefer GL.

TheOGB

Banned
Track 5 might just be the best song on the show.

Listening to these songs makes feel like I need to watch the show again. I think I'll do that next week, but I dunno if I'll marathon all 24 eps or spread it out.

TheChits

Listening to these songs makes feel like I need to watch the show again. I think I'll do that next week, but I dunno if I'll marathon all 24 eps or spread it out.

Okay yeah, just listened and track 5 is all kinds of awesome. Really diggin this second ost

Zeroth

Not least because the second part, from 18:35 onwards, is the Three-Star Uniform - Supreme War Regalia theme.

Shame it doesn't sound as good as the anime made it seem to be. Overall, I'm not quite liking this album, though there's some moments here and there.

Kinyou

Track 5 (or at least what's titled as track 5) kind of sums up the entire show

chrono01

I need a source on this immediately. You can't just drive by here, drop something that awesome, and not tell us where it came from!

It reminds me of Okami.
Seriously. I immediately thought of Okami too.

I need the source of this, as well as a framed print of it hanging on my wall.

Top Bottom