• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Moaradin

3 episodes in! Music is great, fighting is pretty damn good. I hate the rest. I know this argument has been made a billion times before, but if they can go one episode without anything sexual, I'll be impressed. Right now, it is ridiculous. And if they continue (as I imagine they will) in the same vein of sexy clothing and sideboobs being pointed out every second, then they better make an effort to make it feel like it is there for a reason. And a good reason. Characters are pretty dull also.

Right now, I'm ranking this show as garbage. I hope it gets better. Might bail and finally start Dr. Who

The entire point of the show is the sexuality. If that's not for you, quit now.

akaoni

Banned
I watched the second half of the series after leaving it at the end of last year. The show seemed to sort of cave in on itself by the end, didn't really care how it ended. I could see the comparisons to Platinum at times, especially that very particular MG Rising moment.

Akiller

I watched the second half of the series after leaving it at the end of last year. The show seemed to sort of cave in on itself by the end, didn't really care how it ended. I could see the comparisons to Platinum at times, especially that very particular MG Rising moment.

434.png

................................................can you guys make a Attack On Titan game?...............*walks away sideways and then hides*

kill_la_titan___ryuko_by_freefallgirl-d70acit.jpg

Kazzy

No way. The last third of the series is the show's best, even if it's rushed like hell and animated with seemingly no budget.

Batshit crazy doesn't necessarily equate to fun. The early material is markedly different, and of higher quality. Narratively, the show was in a holding pattern for far too long - meaning actual emotional investment was long gone by even the midway point.

Blades64

Banned
I watched this show, and once I got past the crazy amounts of fan service, I was able to enjoy it a bit. It was good, but not something I would watch over again.

That said, I decided to watch TTGL afterwards, and that show IMO takes a dump on KLK. I enjoyed TTGL much more. :)

Riposte

This anime was pretty dope. Pretty damn funny and had a lot of great action scenes. I think it dragged on a little towards the end though.

I'm almost afraid of how much nudity/nipples a movie version would have.

EDIT: Snake/Marching Band girl has the weirdest voice.

EDIT: PING PONG stripping song is best song.

rexor0717

I watched this show, and once I got past the crazy amounts of fan service, I was able to enjoy it a bit. It was good, but not something I would watch over again.

That said, I decided to watch TTGL afterwards, and that show IMO takes a dump on KLK. I enjoyed TTGL much more. :)
I'm glad you see the light.

zeemumu

"You're right about one thing: I DO need capital, and a clothing line. And do you know why? I HAVE A DREAM! That one day, every person in this nation will be controlled by their OWN clothing! A land of the true life fibers, dammit. A nation of threads, not flesh and bone. Ruled by clothing, not humans! Where the man changes to suit his outfit, not the other way around!"

Gorillaz

Good the OT is back on frontpage!

Watched it eariler last week in full felt the comedy with Mako was overdone at time and the story didn't know what to do with itself until the homecoming stretch. I think I would have been interested in them doing more of a fight off with more clubs at the school then to just slouch through the story mid way like that.

It was alright, cringeworthy at times with the "fanservice" (yes I know it's the "hook" of the show but still) but I liked the whole elite 4 back to back fight along with everything in the back 6 episodes.

Should have called it Satsuki la Satsuki

Akiller

"You're right about one thing: I DO need capital, and a clothing line. And do you know why? I HAVE A DREAM! That one day, every person in this nation will be controlled by their OWN clothing! A land of the true life fibers, dammit. A nation of threads, not flesh and bone. Ruled by clothing, not humans! Where the man changes to suit his outfit, not the other way around!"

How the hell did I not catch wind of some of the GL guys making a new anime?

Watched the first episode and loved it. Can't wait to see the rest after finals.

Articalys

So do they ever actually make brand new original art for Weiss Schwarz cards or is it always all taken from screenshots and existing promotional art?

javac

So do they ever actually make brand new original art for Weiss Schwarz cards or is it always all taken from screenshots and existing promotional art?

Yeah none of it seems to be new art which is a shame. I'll have to have a look through them tomorrow to make sure. Still had to own them. Reminds me of the old days, buying Yu-Gi-Oh cards and Pokemon cards and even Kid Icarus! I have tonnes of them! :p

I just actually started watching this show on Crunchy Roll and it is god damn great. The over-the-top animeyness is just so well embraced! Now I'm wondering how popular this show is, if it'll get a second season, and if there is a possibility for a dub. I cannot imagine that it would be easy to translate a character like Mako over to English without ruining part of her charm...

javac

I just actually started watching this show on Crunchy Roll and it is god damn great. The over-the-top animeyness is just so well embraced! Now I'm wondering how popular this show is, if it'll get a second season, and if there is a possibility for a dub. I cannot imagine that it would be easy to translate a character like Mako over to English without ruining part of her charm...

Glad you're enjoying it. Don't count on a second season, but they have an OVA planned for September with the release of the 9th Blu-ray in Japan. Just don't read too much into anything, sit back and relax.

Oh and it's planned for a release on Blu-ray in two parts this fall in the UK.

Top Bottom