• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

pariah164

uh...
KLK has a lot of things, but a amazing plot isn't one of them.
A group of crazy people with a hard on for clothes want said clothes to take over the world, are opposed by a high school rebel with a massive scissor blade and her cloud cuckoolander best friend. How is that not amazing?

Man I loved episode 12 so much. Top 3 episode of KLK material.
Yeah that episode gave me a berserked Eva Unit 1 vibe and I just finished Ep 14, not one of my favorites, but 15 looks to be better. The show's at it's best when it's hype as hell, but not so much when it slows it down. I wonder if you get skin cancer when you're in a room with both Satuski
and her mom

Vito

Banned
Where? My friend is going to lose her mind over this.

AmiAmi is usually cheapest, their customer service can appear unfriendly and strict, if you're accustomed to US stores. Big in Japan is also decent, personally I'll just get it locally since I can competitive pricing. Ixudeviance is also pretty cheap in EU I think?

Puruzi

Banned
Yeah that episode gave me a berserked Eva Unit 1 vibe and I just finished Ep 14, not one of my favorites, but 15 looks to be better. The show's at it's best when it's hype as hell, but not so much when it slows it down. I wonder if you get skin cancer when you're in a room with both Satuski
and her mom
Episode 15 is hype as hell.

What. Ryuuko has every reason to be angry with Satsuki. Satsuki is an asshole.
I see Satsuki as strict as fuck, but fair. She treats the elite 4 pretty well and Satsuki in the long run hasn't really done anything to personally hurt Ryuko either. Granted she's power hungry and has always been that way, but I'm not seeing that much wrong with her, though I will admit you have more information on the show and characters than I do. All the motivation for Ryuko to be mad falls on Nui's head.

Puruzi

Banned
I see Satsuki as strict as fuck, but fair. She treats the elite 4 pretty well and Satsuki in the long run hasn't really done anything to personally hurt Ryuko either. Granted she's power hungry and has always been that way, but I'm not seeing that much wrong with her, though I will admit you have more information on the show and characters than I do. All the motivation for Ryuko to be mad falls on Nui's head.
She basically killed a dude for taking a Uniform, so I dunno about being fair, but I'm not being too serious. I just don't like her, lol. Ryuuko still really doesn't like her though.

She basically killed a dude for taking a Uniform, so I dunno about being fair, but I'm not being too serious. I just don't like her, lol. Ryuuko still really doesn't like her though.
Satsuki really doesn't seem to care for zero star filth. At least she knows Mako's name lol.

Prepare the munchies in advance if you have to.
jk, but marathoning it will really enchance the show
Marathoning does enhance the show. I watched like 6 yesterday. The show ramps up pretty well and usually if there is a lull the next one is usually way better. Ryuko also better be happy that Nonon didn't use My Bloody Valentine for her attack music. All that reverb would've killed her ass.

Finished watching it, even the OVA. Satsuki was boss as fuck!!!!
I wish there were some nice moments between the two when they found out they were sisters though. I actually wanted the OVA to kind of just be them hanging out with Mako. Those two need the sister time after trying to pound each others faces in for most of the show. Satsuki's mom is a rainbow cunt god fucking damn!!!
When it comes to Kill La Kill you either get it or you don't. I got it and loved it minus a few episodes, but I'm glad I got aboard the epic hype train. I actually want to preorder that Satsuki nendodroid figure now. Satsuki actually reminds me of Agito Makishima from the Bio Booster Armor Guyver series.

What's up with the blu-ray releases of this show? Saw that volume 1 apparently came out via blu-ray.com but no one seems to have it? Been wanting to give it a watch for a while.

TUSR

Banned
What's up with the blu-ray releases of this show? Saw that volume 1 apparently came out via blu-ray.com but no one seems to have it? Been wanting to give it a watch for a while.

Limited Editions said:

Regular Editions said:

Finished watching it, even the OVA. Satsuki was boss as fuck!!!!
I wish there were some nice moments between the two when they found out they were sisters though. I actually wanted the OVA to kind of just be them hanging out with Mako. Those two need the sister time after trying to pound each others faces in for most of the show. Satsuki's mom is a rainbow cunt god fucking damn!!!
When it comes to Kill La Kill you either get it or you don't. I got it and loved it minus a few episodes, but I'm glad I got aboard the epic hype train. I actually want to preorder that Satsuki nendodroid figure now. Satsuki actually reminds me of Agito Makishima from the Bio Booster Armor Guyver series.

Glad to see you enjoyed it, KLK was all about momentum and hype. You were either in or out.

Glad to see you enjoyed it, KLK was all about momentum and hype. You were either in or out.
Yeah I think there are a lot of people that give it slack as some "fanservice" show. It's not. It's way over the top which can turn some people off, but if you get used to it and pay attention to the characters it becomes really fun to watch. It does rely on some of the same jokes too much, but it's still a really fun show.

Over $160 for the whole show on Blu-ray.. Ugghhhh Aniplex why

Yaaa I hate Aniplex and their pricing. I will pay it for this show though cause I love it so much.

Starting to watch Nisekoi now and love it, got mad when I noticed Aniplex is distributing it as well >.>

TUSR

Banned
Yaaa I hate Aniplex and their pricing. I will pay it for this show though cause I love it so much.

Starting to watch Nisekoi now and love it, got mad when I noticed Aniplex is distributing it as well >.>

I was contemplating buying the Nisekoi BD, since I think there is only going to be 4 of them (5 episodes a piece).

Akiller

51a.jpg

Top Bottom