• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

NightRunner99

Neo Member
Saw this show pop up on Netflix a month or two ago and decided to give it a whirl. Pretty damn cool.

Burned through the whole series recently. Definitely worth checking out for the bat-shit insanity going on. The show's seriously a riot - but you kind of have look past the over abundance of fan service. Still fun though.

pariah164

tumblr_ndr0xtduNA1sqqtwzo1_1280.png

Whoa.
That's gorgeous. Ryuko/Mako is my OTP.

Giolon

I just got my vol 2disc! Woo! Thanks USPS for delivering 2 days early.

The insert poster that came w/ this volume:

Let it not be said that KLK is nothing but a fanservice show. It's also a manservice show. It's also a super awesome, hilariously ridiculous action show. So if you only watched 1 or 2 episodes, stick around!

Giolon

I watched Ep 6 and 7 in English last night and my updated feelings on the VAs are:

Ryuuko - Definitely grown on me. Ami Koshimizu had such great intonation and delivery that felt rough and natural that Erica Mendez has a tough time matching up to without sounding forced, but she's starting to get better into it.
Mako - Still fantastic. I feel like she could be even a little higher pitched than she's being played here though still great.
Satsuki - Not a lot of appearances in these episodes, but she's still pretty good. Her voice still doesn't have quite as commanding a presence as her Japanese counterpart.

Nonon - Nailed it. It's got just enough of that annoying, grating edge to it.
Sanegeyama - Nailed it. Great cocky jock asshole vibe.
Inumuta - Another great fit.
Gamagoori - Still great.

Tsumugu - Not entirely digging it. He sounds a little too laid back and not quite so much of an untouchable badass as he comes across in the Japanese VA. I also feel like he's talking a little too slowly much of the time.

Mikisugi - Still don't like it, especially his teacher voice.
Senketsu - Still feels completely wrong and miscast.

Ragyo - She's only got one line in these episodes, but damn did her VA nail it. I can't wait to hear more, but I think that will have to wait until Volume 3 or 4.

Satsuki walked up to Junketsu and trash talked that god damn thing on. She took it on by choice and Ryuuko kind of just lucked into it. She doesn't care if she's damn near naked in the thing she just wants to whoop some ass. I gotta respect that.

Puruzi

Banned
Don't care if it's fake, I still believe that there'll be a movie eventually.
There needs to be a movie, I need more kill la kill in my life

bobawesome

...and this is where I'd post my second volume of Kill la Kill if I had one. Due to circumstances, I likely won't be able to pick up anything until next year. Here's hoping Animate continues to keep these in stock. I can't imagine the limited editions are too hot of an item, especially past the first volume.

I finished ep 8 and I love this crazy ass show. Gamagoori had a "Hurt me more snake" moment when he revealed his powers. Satsuki is awesome!!!! I love the flashbacks with her. It's easy to imagine her coming out of the womb in that stance with Bakuzan.

Puruzi

Banned
I finished ep 8 and I love this crazy ass show. Gamagoori had a "Hurt me more snake" moment when he revealed his powers. Satsuki is awesome!!!! I love the flashbacks with her. It's easy to imagine her coming out of the womb in that stance with Bakuzan.
Get ready for best girl in 3 episodes

Puruzi

Banned
I'm going to assume Ryuuko is going to fight that chick with the big ass hat and we get a flashback of how they met? If so that sounds like it'll be fun since she has known Satsuki the longest.
Ryuuko fights her in 9 and 10. She's the second best girl. The absolute best is in 11.

Ryuuko fights her in 9 and 10. She's the second best girl. The absolute best is in 11.
I guess Ryuuko beats Gamagoori a lot faster than I think she will. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be watching more after work. Can't wait for the second fight with Satsuki then.

Puruzi

Banned
I guess Ryuuko beats Gamagoori a lot faster than I think she will. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be watching more after work. Can't wait for the second fight with Satsuki then.
Wait, she fights Nonon(big hat) in 10 and 11. Gama's fight is all of nine, whoops. She does beat someone really quickly though.

Wait, she fights Nonon(big hat) in 10 and 11. Gama's fight is all of nine, whoops. She does beat someone really quickly though.
I'm assuming she flies through the guy that speaks through his collar. He doesn't look like much of a fighter. Ryuuko seems too hot blooded for him. Can't wait for that Nonon fight!

Puruzi

Banned
I'm assuming she flies through the guy that speaks through his collar. He doesn't look like much of a fighter. Ryuuko seems too hot blooded for him. Can't wait for that Nonon fight!
Vs Nonon is really cool, collar is quick, Sanageyama is interesting, and vs Satsuki is pretty cool, but def not what anyone expected

Vs Nonon is really cool, collar is quick, Sanageyama is interesting, and vs Satsuki is pretty cool, but def not what anyone expected
It is interesting how what should be the end takes place in the middle. Seems like the end of the show is going to be really interesting. I know Satsuki's mom shows up eventually. Wonder how that works out (no spoilers please).

pariah164

I just re-watched the entire series plus the OVA. It still blows me away how damn GOOD this show is. This anime got me back into anime after years of seeing new series and being like 'meh'. Not even Attack on Titan did anything for me (though now I do want to try and go back to watch it).

I was fearful about the OVA due to what a few people in here were saying, but ya know what? I liked it.

SPOILERS. ALL THE SPOILERS for the OVA incoming:

I liked that Rei came back; I always liked her as a character, and was disappointed that she never came back after being shot out of Ragyo's doom dress. I was hoping that would incite a Heel-Face Turn or a last minute final boss for Ryuko. However, having en episode dedicated to her (basically) made me happy. I liked the flashback, showing how Rei devoted herself to Ragyo to begin with. And seeing more Ragyo badassery is always fun. It was great to see everyone fighting without any Goku Uniforms, especially Ryuko, even if her Scissor Blades came back. Speaking of those, HOLY SHIT. She cut the school in half and it was amazing. Finally, it was really neat to see Satsuki cut her hair at the end; very nice segue to the end credits of episode 24. And of course, semi-brooding Ryuko is cheered up by Mako. My shipper heart is happy.

All-in-all, the OVA was great. It made me wish there was more of this series, yet again. So damn good.

Top Bottom