• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

javac

The UK Kill la Kill Blu-ray has now moved forward 3 weeks. November 17th is the new date, instead of December 8th. Seriously messes up my budget but I guess that's the way it is.

Link

Akiller

10686959_594420190684495_4352819485196392465_n.jpg

"Flock off,fiber face"

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
That this thread has hundreds of pages is intimidating when you're in the process of watching episode 17. I've just seen Mako Mankanshoku's father laying it down to Gamagōri and it was glorious.

That this thread has hundreds of pages is intimidating when you're in the process of watching episode 17.
If you want to see how GAF reacted to each episode, this might help:

Parts of the thread corresponding to the original air date of each episode
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 24
Episode 25

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?

Ah, thanks mate, much appreciated! The responses are the nicest thing to read back but with hundreds of pages it can be a hassle. Great stuff!

dani_dc

This is amazing, every TV show thread should have this on the OP.

javac

The First of three UK Blu-ray sets for Kill la Kill is out soon, the 3rd of November. Can't wait. It looks really good!

TimmiT

So if anyone here watched the new Black Dynamite episode: the new opening was animated by Trigger and directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi.

bobawesome

My second bluray set is on it's way. Went with the better one this time, hope that making of DVD is worth it.

Very nice. I can't wait to get my hands on the making of DVD myself.

If only Animate bothered to send things out on time. They're not expected to receive any stock until the 22nd.

bobawesome

They do? What are the bonuses for the second LE?

Thanks, they're quite heavy.

I should clarify: The bonuses are shipped to you after purchasing all five volumes of Kill la Kill from them.

edit to further clarify: This applies only to the limited edition volumes. Standard editions aren't eligible.

■Wipe Off Your Sweat! Hot-Blooded Senketsu Towel
■Original Illustration Board (autographed with comments)

It's not much more expensive than ordering through Rightstuf and I really want that illustration board.

TUSR

Banned
I should clarify: The bonuses are shipped to you after purchasing all five volumes of Kill la Kill from them.

It's not much more expensive than ordering through Rightstuf and I really want that illustration board.

Shiiiiiiiit, can you link me the illustration board?

Giolon

As long as she's not rocking some Aeon Flux inspired insanity like Ryuuko is, I'm not watching this to take it seriously (cause it's fucking impossible).

Well...I certainly wouldn't say the show is meant to be taken seriously.

Satsuki's the best though. No matter what she's wearing.

---------------

I'm starting to regret not paying for express shipping on my LE BD. Some people have theirs already T.T I've got to wait until Thursday.

Holy mother of god. That's awesome! Talk about nailing the Cosplay! Maybe Ryuuko could look a little angrier.

LOL. How much experience do you have with Aniplex? I'm guessing none?
Exactly. None. Do I have blow a financial wad on multiple volumes? I'm used to funimation and old school adv.

Giolon

Exactly. None. Do I have blow a financial wad on multiple volumes? I'm used to funimation and old school adv.

Typically, they break their releases into 4 volumes for a 26 episode show, priced at ~$30-40 / DVD, $60-$90 / Blu-Ray. So you're looking at $120-$360 to own a show.

KLK, they went with 6 volumes @ $30/ea for DVD, $40/ea for Blu-Ray, and $60/ea for Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack. So you're looking at $180 - $360 for the whole show depending on what flavor you want/how crazy you are (I'm in full crazy on this one).

Comparison - They sold a Gurren Lagann Blu-ray box set for $600. Only recently have they announced a multi-part BD release @ $50/ea for 5 or 6 parts (I forget how many).

Sword Art Online Blu-Rays $90/ea in 4 parts.

Fate/Zero BD set was like $400. Monogatari S2 is like $80 / story arc. The list goes on and on.

They also do relatively small print runs so don't expect a ton of bargain prices after the fact either. So the sad truth is, decide what it's worth to you and pony up or live w/o. It's clear over the past couple years that it's working for them, and they're not going to change their business model.

Fortunately, Funimation, Rightstuf, and Sentai are still pricing their releases reasonably ($40-$80 / 13-26 episodes on Blu-ray, subtract ~$10 for DVD) and frequently do get some bargain bin prices after a time.

Saw this show pop up on Netflix a month or two ago and decided to give it a whirl. Pretty damn cool.

Coolness indeed. =D Watch the whole thing?

Top Bottom