• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Shergal

All KLK episodes are trying so hard to be so completely different from each other that I won't really try to rank them in any way, shape or form; numbered rankings are for nerds, anyway. I'll just say the first episode is easily my favorite and that it still has the single best scene in the show so far; an scene that tells you everything you need to now about KLK and screams at the audience that it will be worth watching.

What scene do you have in mind?

NotLiquid

Much better than last week's episode imo. No half-baked attempts at some left-field villain development and made it clear exactly what kind of person Satsuki really is. Mako was great too, still my favorite character and I enjoyed seeing her have a bit of an emotional personality for once.

I really hope whatever future twist is in store won't be kind for Satsuki.

Pappasman

Another fantastic episode, although i think I liked 6 better.

I really hope that this is not the last we see of
Mako's 2 Star uniform

DominoKid

some gifs.

tumblr_mw9xvx2zZ31rb06tgo1_500.gif

fireworks
tumblr_mwa5bteRIK1snbskwo1_500.gif

brass knuckles
tumblr_mwa1i67wU11qf2huro1_500.gif

model family
tumblr_mwa0t8VWKX1r2dgsfo1_500.gif

mako full transformation
iP6smWXzAzGNw.gif

home run
ibeimrh6beT9z7.gif

the gadiva store
tumblr_mw6d4ji6dV1sijcfvo1_500.gif

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Ya know, I've been keeping my expectations in check for this show because it has a lot to live up to, being from FLCL and Gurren Lagann lineage, and it's really been paying off. Starts off as a super shallow fast pasted and fun thrill ride and slides into a much more complex story with constant analyzing of social constructs. This has become the thing I look forward to each week haha.

I can't wait to see where this show goes. Also,
The first and second rule of Mako fight club is that you don't talk about Mako fight club. Favorite uniform so far. Love dat missile bat.

Soma

I would absolutely love to see a slice-of-life episode dedicated just to the Elite Four.

They just seem like such an entertaining bunch.

duckroll

Episode 7

I'm kinda disappointed. Conceptually the episode is a fantastic idea and I'm really glad they told this episodic story, but I really wish it were done a little better. The pacing was rushed, and it felt like a very pedestrian and by the books execution of the concept. It was incredibly predictable, and Mako's antics didn't feel as funny as they usually are even though she's the focus of the entire episode. Really nice set designs though, and her uniform and weapons were pretty cool. In the end though it was just a fun episode which felt like a step down from the last two episodes, instead of something really special. Oh well.

Fury Sense

I posted earlier in this thread, not wanting to watch the show... Well, I watched 1-4 and it's pretty hilarious. Everything is so meta. I think I will probably continue to watch on crunchyroll.

fertygo

Mako Jotaro is greatest thing ever, holy smoke..
The episode itself just a-ok though

But still, Mako got greatest goku uniform.. Kujoh uniform!

Soriku

6 (Sanageyama is a dumb character and I hate him.)

You are a bad person.

Anyway yeah this episode was really predictable. Still enjoyable though. Next episode I wonder if Gamagoori will actually be a good driver, but good to see another Elite Four-focused episode.

Evilisk

I've been catching up on the last two episodes

Meh, my interest started dipping again.

6 was okay, the Three Star guy was pretty boring and underwhelming though. He's secured his place as the most boring of the four Three Star Captains.

7 was predictable as hell, and it started off pretty great too. I think the most criminal thing about the episode was Mako not being amazing or funny like she normally is.

I'm hoping 8 is better.

george_us

If this show remains this good then this will unquestionably be the best anime I've seen since Stand Alone Complex ten years ago.

Episode 7 was goddamn amazing.

LordCanti

they proved she really is a super badass by actually doing badass shit

I mean, yeah, she's a badass when you put a two
star uniform on her, but there were theories that she was just a badass on her own. It would be reaaaaaaaaalllllyyyy weird to have that still be the case after all this.

Emitan

I mean, yeah, she's a badass when you put a two
star uniform on her, but there were theories that she was just a badass on her own. It would be reaaaaaaaaalllllyyyy weird to have that still be the case after all this.

But she fought Nudist Beach guy with a mop!

mr. Bibappu

Neo Member
I wanted to check if at some point while Mako is typing away on her calculator it
spelled 58008, but I'm to afraid to do it. Will go on believing it did.

NotLiquid

I have to admit I was a little disappointed that among the "everything is back to normal" clips that we didn't get another peeping tom punchline.

Top Bottom