• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Silky

Banned
ALRIGHT GUYS YEAH, WE'RE GOING INTO MARCH. MONTH OF FULGORE.

Feef with that Jago he was doing a lot of light auto-doubles in his combos along with that sword slash. Should've went w/ a medium breaker. Not to mention with how jumpy he was you could've used a lot more of sadira's web traps

derFeef

I tried to jump but I was trapped in his attacks. I wish I could do that to my enemies, just force them into blocking and mistakes. Whenever I try that I get punished to hell and back, lol
I will never get to rank 5 - whenever I face Jago I want to quit out...

I need some KI buddies from europe to play with, I play a lot of the AI and it's not doing me any good I think.

Rey

I tried to jump but I was trapped in his attacks. I wish I could do that to my enemies, just force them into blocking and mistakes. Whenever I try that I get punished to hell and back, lol

I need some KI buddies from europe to play with, I play a lot of the AI and it's not doing me any good I think.

I'm unfortunately not in a position to give you advice Feef since I'm not good myself. But yeah in the video it looked like the guy was spamming light attacks, but you got locked out a lot. I also noticed you didn't try a shadow counter. Not sure if there was possibility or not.

I'd like to play with u. I even send you a friend request at launch but somehow I'm "following" you in stead of being "friends". Not sure how this works.

Unfortunately I don't have Gold right now anymore. I have to wait till the xbox gets an official release here.

Jezehbell

163.gif

What's your GT ? I think you're already following me but i'm not sure.

Loginius

Oh, should work now: http://1drv.ms/MAqIw9

I have no idea what to do, I don't even know if that player knows what he is doing. I assume not since he's not finishing combos most of the time? At the end there I gave up and spam special attacks :/
Skydrive doesnt load properly for me so I wasnt able to watch the whole video but from what I´ve seen I think you mostly got hit by 3 things:
-jumping kicks
-low kicks
-jumping kicks after a crossover

the way he set his attacks up seemed very predictable to me, jump kick followed by a low kick every time, block those and you should be able to punish him.
Like others have stated once he got a special in he did a lot of fast attacks.

I dont play sadira a lot so I cant give advice on how to react with her.

You can add me if you want, Im from europe and main jago.

Feef with that Jago he was doing a lot of light auto-doubles in his combos along with that sword slash. Should've went w/ a medium breaker. Not to mention with how jumpy he was you could've used a lot more of sadira's web traps

It's pretty obvious Spinal came in hot, hopefully Fulgore/Story Mode/Lobbies are basically done and they're just bug testing to make sure the patch doesn't cause any issues. Would be nice to have Fulgore earlier than later.

Remember you control the air with Sadira. If your opponent is constantly jumping, you jump too and throw projectiles to keep them on the ground (what you did at :59). The guy was constantly getting in your face, so try and create some spacing with Sadira's air projectile to keep him away while you figure out what you want to do. At the beginning I think you were trying to block, but weren't blocking lows which left you open. I'm not in Europe, but you can add me if you want, GT is Pok3r Fac3d

Lrn2reed

Neo Member
Dude Sadira is an air based combatant, she was grounded the whole match !

add me on XBL: D O N K E R

Absolutely, I main Sadira and you own the air, get up there! As far as I can tell a couple webs would've shut Jago's game down pretty easy since he was doing that basic combo.

Not too many at that level really know how to counter Sadira when played right.

Add me and I'll show ya lol: nigDASTARDLY

Oh and a question for Sadira/Sabrewulf players...has anyone noticed serious lag during this matchup specifically? I get massive slowdown with that matchup.

So I figured out why sometimes all the characters are locked during exhibition matches. When someone invites you to a game and you have started the game yet, you never make it to the checking downloadable content screen. Since you skip that screen and go straight to the match, the game think you don't own anything, so for anyone with this issue. Just make sure to load of the game and check content before accepting an invite.

Kriaser

Anyone else having trouble with dropped Enders and sometimes Linkers? I don't know if its lag spikes or me just being salty, but my first 10 or so games tonight went fine without dropped combos then suddenly, my last 5 I've had nothing but dropped Enders as if I didn't even input the move. I just deranked from Undisputed back to Ring General because of this crap

Durock

Tomorrow, you're sure? This schedule has it airing later tonight. Though I guess everything did get delayed by an hour. Did that push the Top 8 a day forward?

My understanding is that it was rescheduled to accommodate Justin under the assumption that he would make Top 8. He wouldn't have been able to compete otherwise.

Loginius

Is there any way to deal with sadiras instinct mode?
I have no idea what to do when I have to get up and one of those webs is waiting for me...

.la1n

Hate that they rescheduled the KI top 8 because now I will miss it because of work. I think the game deserves a late night Top 8 vs early morning nobody watches slot but whatever.

Max also said since it was moved to Sunday he may have to forfeit his spot as he had made other plans based around the schedule. TOs need to work on this because it is a major problem at almost every event.

Kriaser

I play as jago, tried blocking but then I get thrown.

Getting thrown while Sadira is using instinct is actually much better than taking a combo from her while she's in instinct.

For Jago, just focus on defense when Sadira is using her instinct. Taking the throw combo for 15% is much better than taking an 80% combo.

Loginius

Getting thrown while Sadira is using instinct is actually much better than taking a combo from her while she's in instinct.

For Jago, just focus on defense when Sadira is using her instinct. Taking the throw combo for 15% is much better than taking an 80% combo.

Makes sense.
Thanks for the help I have encountered more and more sadiras in ranked the last few days and dont really know how to fight her yet.

Kriaser

Makes sense.
Thanks for the help I have encountered more and more sadiras in ranked the last few days and dont really know how to fight her yet.

You need to land a hard knockdown, via a throw, sweep, whatever. Then you need to meaty her to all end. All of Sadira's wake up options lose to meaty attacks.

brettreyu

These matches man, woo! Can't wait for EVO/Fulgore. Looking like it should be a great showing if this (second tourney) is any indication.

Top Bottom