• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Hi guys, just downloaded a 92Mo update, do you have a patchnote ?

***Primary Updates***

JAIL SYSTEM ADJUSTMENTS

· All “Jail” stats have been RESET aka “clean slate”
· Fix to bug where BOTH players would go to jail on disconnect
· Adjusted percentage rate for match disconnects that will cause the user to be sent to jail.

*The Jail system had a few issues on release but due to constant updates from the community, we're happy to share this recent version which will have the JAIL system work as intended. Again, we extend our gratitude for your feedback and assistance."

SPINAL FIXES
· Fix for Spinal teleport causing crash/ de-sync in corner against back dashing opponents.
· Fix to manuals being unbreakable after using the dive kick as an opener
· Fix to counter breakers not being accessible when using a divekick as an opener.
· Fix to second Spinal divekick snapping to ground if you do it while opponent is still in reaction from first dive kick
· Fix bug with Spinal skeleport linker not crossing up correctly

***General Fixes***

SURVIVAL FIX
Users no longer lose points when losing a match in Survival Mode

PROGRESS NOT SAVING
Fixed an issue where progression data would not save. All user data, items acquired, etc. should now save properly.

AUDIO FIX
Potential Fix for Ultra audio glitch (may still happen and needs more investigation).

ULTRA’s EQUAL WIN * NEW!*
If you perform an ULTRA COMBO in-game, you automatically win the match. Players who disconnected while their opponents perform a match-winning ULTRA COMBO, will take a loss on their win/loss stats.

CHARACTER LOADING SCREEN FIX
Fixed an issue where players would soft-lock on the character/stage loading screen. This issue has been resolved.

CHARACTER SELECT REMOVED FROM REPLAYS
The character select option from “Replays” has been removed.

Is there any way to verify which version of KI I have (i.e. whether the update has been applied or not?)

I am certain I have not manually done this update but is there some way it could have happened automatically in background or something?

Still having 10+ minute waits to get a fight. Such a mess!

Is there any way to verify which version of KI I have (i.e. whether the update has been applied or not?)

I am certain I have not manually done this update but is there some way it could have happened automatically in background or something?

Still having 10+ minute waits to get a fight. Such a mess!

at the bottom corner of the main menu your version should be 1.6.093.1

try hard resetting the console

Kriaser

Can't believe Rico just 6-0'd Justin. That was interesting

That tournament was pretty awful if you ask me. Justin even still doing first hit breakers, which failed so many times but Rico would still end combos VERY early. Hardly any instinct use prior to 2nd health bar. Very few manuals.

The early matches were like watching day 1 players. The late matches were like watching Street Fighter.

For pro players, it was a pretty lack luster performance considering how long the game has been out tacked on with how much Justin keeps trying to show off Sabrewulf.

I'm glad to see that fatalities (both personal and stage) are still planned, but I hope they become much more of a priority.

That was half the fun of the original KI..Do you do an ultra, a fatality, or both?

Additional KI thoughts:

I really wish Sadira was not part of this cast...Maybe in the future, but the game would have been better if we just had the original cast at this point...Consider adding new characters in the future...Who wouldn't rather have TJ Combo, Riptor, or Cinder right now instead of Sadira?

Finally, I hope they ignore everything KI2 in the future...that isn't the KI that made KI famous..It's the KI no one liked and barely remember.

Uh wow - I think you are my KI-negative-Version.

Don't like the fatalities returning, love Sadira and hope that we see Tusk and Kim Wu before the rest of the KI-1 cast because I loved them so much more as a teenager ;)

.la1n

That tournament was pretty awful if you ask me. Justin even still doing first hit breakers, which failed so many times but Rico would still end combos VERY early. Hardly any instinct use prior to 2nd health bar. Very few manuals.

The early matches were like watching day 1 players. The late matches were like watching Street Fighter.

For pro players, it was a pretty lack luster performance considering how long the game has been out tacked on with how much Justin keeps trying to show off Sabrewulf.

High level play for KI involves a lot of footsies, that is why it probably looked like Street Fighter (IV.) That is where the game has evolved to in high level play, Max had mentioned this as well. Part of high level KI play also involves ending combos early, it's safer.

If your argument is that it makes it less exciting to watch then yeah I can agree with that but saying they are playing like day 1 players? No way.

brettreyu

High level play for KI involves a lot of footsies, that is why it probably looked like Street Fighter (IV.) That is where the game has evolved to in high level play, Max had mentioned this as well. Part of high level KI play also involves ending combos early, it's safer.

If your argument is that it makes it less exciting to watch then yeah I can agree with that but saying they are playing like day 1 players? No way.

The biggest thing I saw that might seem obvious, but that I should add to my game; is proper meter usage. I can't think of one time that Rico used a shadow ender.

Kriaser

Early matches were like watching day 1 players, I said this. The pro players, later in the tournament, are treating it too much like Street Fighter.

Footsies are a fundamental in any fighting game. That goes without saying. However, combo breaking before first hit is visible, zero mix ups, lack of manuals, not using instinct before first health bar is gone, and ending combos early during lock outs are all things that scream bad matches.

Here's a bunch of tools at your disposal. Now don't use them. So much for all that Sabrewulf tech he was bragging about.

Skab

Early matches were like watching day 1 players, I said this. The pro players, later in the tournament, are treating it too much like Street Fighter.

Footsies are a fundamental in any fighting game. That goes without saying. However, combo breaking before first hit is visible, zero mix ups, lack of manuals, not using instinct before first health bar is gone, and ending combos early during lock outs are all things that scream bad matches.

Here's a bunch of tools at your disposal. Now don't use them. So much for all that Sabrewulf tech he was bragging about.

I agree.

I'm actually really curious to see the SCR games to see if the SoCal players play any differently/better. Judging by WNF matches, I'm expecting them to.

derFeef

There certainly weren't enough counter breakers, but I guess I just love me to watch some footsies. Man I wish I would be better at fighting games, but my brain is too slow, hehe.

DrDogg

The biggest thing I saw that might seem obvious, but that I should add to my game; is proper meter usage. I can't think of one time that Rico used a shadow ender.

I haven't experimented with the entire cast, but I can say that with the characters I've tested, it's more effective to use a Shadow Linker and damage Ender than it is to use a Shadow Ender.

Dai101

Banned

tumblr_mk1o3kYodA1qg0cqeo1_400.gif

.la1n

Wonder if we will see any updates before Fulgore / Story or if they are going to just roll it all into one update? Probably smart to do the latter so they can spend more time making sure it works well.

hwalker84

I hope Double Helix takes their time with this massive update and uses the full month again. I just hope they're more vocal about the times and unveiling.

.la1n

Anyone heard about an issue with ranked where people are only getting matches with people located in your own country? Hopefully they will eventually just allow us to set our own filter criteria for ranked like every other online fighter.

The latest patch has seemingly fixed jail but the game is still pretty much broken: every day for the last few days since the update, I get 4 or 5 fights in quick succession and then it's back to 15 minute waits (who knows how long because I give up). That is obviously plain broken. Also still get the crashes when character fight screen appears. I hate to be that guy whining, but I am just this close to just giving up.

.la1n

Eh I never expect anything much out of the streams post launch anyway. It's usually just wish list and "stay tuned." Best they focus on making the transition to a new developer and hammering down the current version of KI because it still has a lot of bugs and online performance issues.

DrDogg

Fulgore was so beast back in the day, can’t wait to see if he is as dominating in tournaments as he was in KI1.

I played KI1 competitively quite a bit back in the day. Fulgore was never top tier to my knowledge. Cinder was #1 hands down, then it's usually a debate between Combo and Riptor for the #2 spot.

$0.02

.la1n

I played KI1 competitively quite a bit back in the day. Fulgore was never top tier to my knowledge. Cinder was #1 hands down, then it's usually a debate between Combo and Riptor for the #2 spot.

$0.02

Cinder was absolutely number one. I would probably put Combo above Riptor but only ever so slightly.

Top Bottom