• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

.la1n

Yeah pretty sure thats what it is. It may sound dumb but I am hyped as all fuck for story/arcade mode.

I'm looking forward to it as well, want to see what they do with the story. Pretty sure we will get at least introductions and ending for each character and really that's all I ask for. Hard to believe we will have the full eight character roster and story by the end of the month (hopefully.)

Tried to upgrade to ULTRA through customer support..... No luck :/ told me there was no option on their end.. I asked if I could have a credit... Nothing ..... But I'm a valued customer.

BcD33C6.png

s1LNHP0.png

nice to see more updates are coming

I finally got a Hitbox arcade controller modded to work on Xbox One, and KI plays like a dream on that thing. It's so, so good.

Now that I have it and seven days off of work very soon, I am going to hit the online circuit again. Can't wait~!

bumpkin

I finally got a Hitbox arcade controller modded to work on Xbox One, and KI plays like a dream on that thing. It's so, so good.
The truth. It felt like a whole new game when I got my CronusMax and was able to hook up my MadCatz Fightstick TE. Although I have a few I haven't quite been able to finish yet, I was able to complete several Dojo lessons that I couldn't do with the stock XB1 controller if my life depended on it.

.la1n

Do we know if the patch is expected to go live today? I am work but haven't seen any updates about it online. Last time Rich posted it was coming very soon it was the next day or shortly thereafter.

Do we know if the patch is expected to go live today? I am work but haven't seen any updates about it online. Last time Rich posted it was coming very soon it was the next day or shortly thereafter.

He had a tweet mentioning that it might drop this week. Or that's what they were hoping for.

patch notes (not live yet)

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION PER COLOR
Players will now be able to save their favorite character-specific customizations to specific colors.

UPSELL OPTION ADDED
Players who do not own the Combo/Ultra bundles can now purchase their characters from the character select screen.

UI UPDATES
- XBOX Live renamed to “MULTIPLAYER”
- Leaderboards now located on the main menu

***GENERAL FIXES***

GAME INVITE UPDATES
If you receive game/match invites prior to the “downloading content” screen, players will be prompted AFTER the check-in.

REPLAY FIXES
The replay functionality has now been updated and fixed.

DRAW MATCHES DATA
Match stats now correctly if a match results in a DRAW when playing online.

WELL ROUNDED STATS UPDATE
Ranked “Most Well Rounded” win ration column has now been fixed to show correct data.

.la1n

Wonder if they fixed the main bug: the lock up during the stage loading where you had to force quit. That's the only big one I've experienced since the last update.

sangreal

UPSELL OPTION ADDED

Thought that was gonna be about upgrading combo to ultimate...

but this is welcome:
CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION PER COLOR
Players will now be able to save their favorite character-specific customizations to specific colors.

GAME INVITE UPDATES
If you receive game/match invites prior to the “downloading content” screen, players will be prompted AFTER the check-in.

This is good news. It'll stop people from thinking MS stole their money. I was freaked out for a second when I had no unlocks because of this.

derFeef

Any tips for improving quarter cirlce moves on the stick? I can't do the backward ones all the time, it's like my hand is cramping :/

.la1n

Any tips for improving quarter cirlce moves on the stick? I can't do the backward ones all the time, it's like my hand is cramping :/

I have the same issue but mine is related to over a decade of playing fighting games in arcades and at home. I mostly have to use a controller now. Wrist and hands just can't do what they used to :(

bumpkin

Practice, practice, practice. I was the same way for a while even with a d-pad. I couldn't consistently do hadoukens from both player sides in SF for the longest time. Now they're almost second nature. Wish I could say the same for shoryuken inputs though; sucks since my main man Jago's ultra is one. :(

.la1n

Much larger than I expected it to be but can't really delve into it until I get home from work, if the hard locks during stage loads are fixed then I'm happy. Online has been pretty great since the last patch.

.la1n

Well then!

It's not even funny at this point, DH just genuinely seems completely incompetent at running this game as a platform. Here's hoping the new developers fair better.

This patch better have fulgore in it!

No chance. End of this month at the earliest and with the track record they have going updating this game it might be best to just push the large update back a month and ensure it's run through QA testing properly.

derFeef

Meld looks like a mess the first time it opens, all graphics are missing. Fixes itself though.
Not seen any new costumes.

With the new pin challenge (defeat 7 different characters in any online mode), is this retroactive?

I feel like I've probably already beaten all 7 main characters in online matches, but I'm not sure if the achievement/associated challenge is newly added.

With the new pin challenge (defeat 7 different characters in any online mode), is this retroactive?

I feel like I've probably already beaten all 7 main characters in online matches, but I'm not sure if the achievement/associated challenge is newly added.

I believe it was newly added. I unlocked that achievement on March 1st.

Nori Chan

Newly added you have to do it again.

derFeef

I always appreciate when people pronounce my nick correctly, even if it includes a German pronoun, thanks Adam :) Impressive he made the connection to my avatar immediately.
Also next weeks stream sounds... special?

.la1n

I always appreciate when people pronounce my nick correctly, even if it includes a German pronoun, thanks Adam :) Impressive he made the connection to my avatar immediately.
Also next weeks stream sounds... special?

Hopefully they learned from Spinal and they plan to show some of Fulgore before the official release. A trailer before launch day and not on IGN would be a pleasant surprise as well.

derFeef

Hopefully they learned from Spinal and they plan to show some of Fulgore before the official release. A trailer before launch day and not on IGN would be a pleasant surprise as well.

Yah I asked if we see more of Fulgore before his release, unlike how it was for Spinal. Would be nice.

.la1n

I seem to be one of the unfortunate people that is unable to actually launch Killer Instinct after the patch :|

Oh and information from the stream via the DH forums:

Fulgore:
-"Manages" meter
-"Can he get meter without getting hit like spinal?"-"well see"
-Still has teleport
-zoner type character
-very good at beating on Sadira
-Glacius is most interesting match up right now
-his teleport is different/behaves differently than Spinal's teleport.
-Does he have a reflect move- "not going to answer that one"

Does story mode have a boss or a rival type system? - "You will see"
Will story mode have pre rendered CGI scenes in it?-"you will see"

Shadow Jago custom move set - eventually after story mode and Fulgore....
Riptor IS a girl
Want all characters released (the first 8) and have a decent amount of time in public play before even looking at balancing, but there will be slight balance changes, eventually...

"Are you going to have stage enders/ultras/knockoffs" - Yes eventually, want a way to use the stage to lead into an ultra/ender!!

-They ACTUALLY had a no mercy in the game in the early production for Jago when he also had a slide, etc.. that he jumped up in the air and cut the opponent in half.. so they will probably be back soon

Jaeger

I seem to be one of the unfortunate people that is unable to actually launch Killer Instinct after the patch :|

Fulgore:
-"Manages" meter
-Still has teleport
-zoner type character

Riptor IS a girl
Want all characters released (the first 8) and have a decent amount of time in public play before even looking at balancing, but there will be slight balance changes, eventually...

"Are you going to have stage enders/ultras/knockoffs" - Yes eventually, want a way to use the stage to lead into an ultra/ender!!

-They ACTUALLY had a no mercy in the game in the early production for Jago when he also had a slide, etc.. that he jumped up in the air and cut the opponent in half.. so they will probably be back soon

This all sounds incredible! When my money get's right, I'll be all over an Xbox One.

Honestly, i'm pretty excited to see what Shadow Jago brings with his new moveset in the future.

I need to hear the whole theme for Fulgore as well! >.<

biRdy

Happened to me when I tried loading KI earlier, not sure sure what exactly fixed it though all I did was load up another game reset my xbox and it worked.

Timu

Fulgore:
-"Manages" meter
-Still has teleport
-zoner type character

Riptor IS a girl

This all can't come soon enough.=p

Top Bottom