• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

I haven't been keeping up on this game that much because it makes me really, really want to buy a X1 but has there been any details on what the story mode will consist of?

I'm guessing it won't be that elaborate, not that SP in fighting games are that elaborate (usually), but it'd be cool if it was something a bit beyond "climb the ladder, receive short, stupid ending".

The Flash

Banned
Can't wait for Fulgore. Lots to be excited about in not-quite-entirely-confirmed Season 2 as well. I'm gonna bite the built and get the Ultra pack of the game. I really want to play KI Classic and Saberwulf's zombie outfit is awesome. I also want MS to know that KI is still worth pursing, even if it's just my one measly extra download.

I haven't been keeping up on this game that much because it makes me really, really want to buy a X1 but has there been any details on what the story mode will consist of?

I'm guessing it won't be that elaborate, not that SP in fighting games are that elaborate (usually), but it'd be cool if it was something a bit beyond "climb the ladder, receive short, stupid ending".

talking out of my ass, but it seems like it will be a classic ladder like you said. Fight each character, fight boss, watch ending. They've said in streams to not expect neatherrealm quality, and classic fans will enjoy it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Online seems good, but I had a crash to dashboard at the character select on my second game.

Also I just got a new router since my old one was ass and kept dropping connections. Something about the xbox one just doesn't seem to like my internet as I only get ~70% signal strength when my other consoles all are fine. But it's atleast stable now.

I'm glad to see that fatalities (both personal and stage) are still planned, but I hope they become much more of a priority.

That was half the fun of the original KI..Do you do an ultra, a fatality, or both?

Additional KI thoughts:

I really wish Sadira was not part of this cast...Maybe in the future, but the game would have been better if we just had the original cast at this point...Consider adding new characters in the future...Who wouldn't rather have TJ Combo, Riptor, or Cinder right now instead of Sadira?

Finally, I hope they ignore everything KI2 in the future...that isn't the KI that made KI famous..It's the KI no one liked and barely remember.

Silky

Banned
I'm glad to see that fatalities (both personal and stage) are still planned, but I hope they become much more of a priority.

That was half the fun of the original KI..Do you do an ultra, a fatality, or both?

Additional KI thoughts:

I really wish Sadira was not part of this cast...Maybe in the future, but the game would have been better if we just had the original cast at this point...Consider adding new characters in the future...Who wouldn't rather have TJ Combo, Riptor, or Cinder right now instead of Sadira?

Finally, I hope they ignore everything KI2 in the future...that isn't the KI that made KI famous..It's the KI no one liked and barely remember.

Sadira's a great 'new' KI character, and I liked it being a glimpse at DH's character design. Fits really well with the series' camp charm.

I agree to an extent with KI2. I just want KI2 Cyber Arm'd Sabrewulf and Kim Wu. Just give me that and I'm good.

Timu

T.J. Combo looks to be confirmed going by that link, just add Cinder, Riptor and Kim Wu and I'm good, would love to see what new characters they would make as well.

Trying to complete the win 5 ranked matches in a row challenge.

Win 3 in a row then it decides to match me up with a rank 40. I'm rank 8. Thanks for that Double Helix.

Edit: Wow...yeah. I'm not sure what they did with the matchmaking but I'm consistently getting matched up with people double my rank or higher. Kinda kills the game.

malfcn

Also, from the PlayXBLA blog:

Retro Jago is now available in the KI Store! A throwback to his original costume from Killer Instinct Classic. If you already own the Ultra or Combo Breaker Editions of Killer Instinct, Retro Jago is already available to you. If not, get it now!

Available for purchase? Because retro is locked for me, and I have the Combo Breaker.

It's happening

jZGWR2N.png

Would be cool if Mick could produce some extra songs like the way you move and it's a jungle. I feel like he would be a great pop music producer lol

It's happening

jZGWR2N.png
I will buy this for a high price!

Ideas, eh? Hidden track of a preview of Cinder's new theme. I don't care if season 2 hasn't been officially announced yet, we all know that, if Cinder happens, his theme will be some of the most brutal shit that KI has seen to date. I need this.

bumpkin

Hey guys... So to those of you I added to my friend list for matches, sorry I haven't been able to play. I'm hoping to find some time tonight and this weekend to get on and play. I'll keep my eyes out for you!

DrDogg

Not sure why they haven't just confirmed season two. They already said a new developer is taking over. Given the fact that DHG is set to finish season one, that confirms season two right there.

.la1n

Not sure why they haven't just confirmed season two. They already said a new developer is taking over. Given the fact that DHG is set to finish season one, that confirms season two right there.

Might as well let them think they have a secret left after the rest of Microsoft's plans have leaked for the year ;P

bumpkin

The Stylish and Match Ups achievements are glitched for many people. It isn't the same character for everyone either.
Ah, gotcha. I'm almost certain I should have unlocked the 200 matches as Jago achievement, but it hasn't popped up for me. I'm not 100% certain though... I'll give it 10 or 20 more matches before I deem it busted. I've definitely played a handful of matches as other characters, so even though I've gotten a KP unlock for 200 matches, that doesn't mean it was just as him.

RoKKeR

My friend and I are playing this game and it's ridiculously fun because we both have no idea what in the fuck we are doing.

I've never mashed so many random buttons...ever.

Sdoots

My friend and I are playing this game and it's ridiculously fun because we both have no idea what in the fuck we are doing.

I've never mashed so many random buttons...ever.

This was a game I forced myself to stop and be aware of every button press I made. It took some effort but it's worth it. Not trying to be the guy who goes "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG", I'm just saying, you might want to give it a shot.

I've always been able to play fairly average at fighting games, but caught myself mashing at times nonetheless, and goddamn am I glad I'm breaking myself of the habit.

Anyone else having problems where it will just hang on the stage loading screen and it forces you to quit the game and restart?

Yeah.

As far as I can tell, the update is nowhere to be seen for me. Has it been rolled out in UK yet?

Still getting the freezing pre fight, still taking an age to find fights, though I've not been to jail yet

Honestly the game having been broken for a whole month is completely unacceptable.

Top Bottom