• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I always preferred Fulgore's short eye laser combo from KI 1, I dont know why but it felt more devastating shooting lightning from point blank range into an opponents eyes instead of the long range red lasers.
His chestbeam is massive tho. ;-P
I did too, it was especially badass as a linker..sucks that they didnt bring that back. That said his new shadow air laser move looks fucking awesome.

.la1n

Fulgore looks great, good work guys.

edit: I always assumed they would use Shadow Jago as the boss and it's neat to see they went the extra mile and gave him his own stage. Just glad we do get a "boss" type character for the final match, would have been disappointing to end it at Fulgore since he was always the sub boss in the old games.

Oh, and did any of you guys happen to catch what effect was used when Fulgore is hit in the place of blood? I couldn't tell if it was just sparks or nothing at all. I thought they might use an oil effect or something. It's hard to tell on Fulgore's stage.

Don't some of the character descriptions on Xbox Live (if you choose to purchase individual characters) reference a "shadowy figure" in their bios? Seems to be implying that Shadow Jago will be the boss for Arcade mode. Pretty cool he is getting his own stage. Fulgore also looks amazing, glad we didn't have to wait until the day he was released to see his trailer.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I forgot about Shadow Jago. I would guess that's still a part of the work for DH to flesh him out, unless that changed with the amazon thing.

These colors! Man. Fulgore is looking pretty damn good, and I honestly kind of like the look of his stage. Can't wait to hear that remixed theme.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
hmm it looks lame. i dont remember thunder like that,he had a mohawk. was it based on ki 2 since i didnt play that one?

Go back to page 113 of this very thread to see the initial reveal and discussion of Thunder's "Retro" Costume.

It's not his old look (and he wasn't in KI2), DH peeps didn't like it (as they found it racially insensitive). But there's a way to make something pretty close to it with the accessories.

We've also see a full on look at Spinals due to a glitch, and hints at Sadira's. But none of the accessories for those.

Timu

We posted the highlights from today's stream immediately after it ended. Here's the link, plenty of Fulgore info!

http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com/highlights-from-the-killer-instinct-stream-032814/
Important things to note from that link:

Season 2 is confirmed
Killer Instinct will be at E3
Shadow Jago will be undergoing a lot of changes
When asked who will be doing the soundtrack Adam Isgreen said stay tuned so it appears we still don’t know if it will be Mick or not
Gargos and Eyedol not on the list of returning characters for Season 2, not likely
Shadow Tiger’s Lair stage revealed, locked in this build

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I wonder if Iron Galaxy will be receptive to fan requests to give thunder an accurate KI1 costume.

My biggest concern with IG jumping on stuff like that... is that they're basically starting back where DH was last time; Make what you can that's of a certain quality within the time allowed. If S2 was still worked on by them, they probably could have streamlined many things that prevented them from being 100% receptive in the past. They gained a lot of experience over the past 2 years of development.

But now we're starting again with a bunch of guys who need to get acclimated to the project (minus the Microsoft guys who have consistent experience under their belts now.) Would they really spend time redoing old work, or trying to raise up to the quality of work left by their forerunners?

I'd love to see them try a bunch of fan-favoring ways to be able to legitimately skip out on stuff if they had to (Such as offering only 1 costume / accessory set at a time, but putting it up to fan vote), because that'd probably endear them well to the fanbase, even if it does mean we get a bit less per bonus content release.

derFeef

So if I would have to guess Season 2 is "just" characters, stages and so on. I mean they can't put in new features and lock out Season 1 owners, it should remain one game, no?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So if I would have to guess Season 2 is "just" characters, stages and so on. I mean they can't put in new features and lock out Season 1 owners, it should remain one game, no?

Yes. The idea has always been that you can buy into the game as you wish, and if you have the old version, you might not be able to personally play the old content... but you can play against anyone else who is using it.

So even someone one who just purchased Saberwulf would be able to fight all the cast of S1 and 2, and so-on, even with just that.

Heatshade

Neo Member
Sorry for the off-topic but... Are there any european players here? Im from Belgium and I want to buy an Xbox One but I would have to get one from a different country since Microsoft probably wont release it here until september. :/ Problem is that I dont know if I would be able to download/pay for this game if im using a different country setting than the one I live in.

bumpkin

Just fought against my first rage-quitter... He had my number the whole first part of the match, had me on my second lifebar with his/her first intact. I turned it around and got them down to half of their second bar and then *pop* "Opponent has disconnected..." or whatever it says.

In other news, I cannot get above a freaking rank 2. I keep getting matched against cheap-ass Wulf and Orchid players. :mad:

.la1n

Man, I really hope KI does well at Evo this year. I want this game to get bigger :[

It deserves to be bigger but unfortunately there is the price barrier with the cost of an xbox one and the obvious platform exclusivity issue. Two issues games like guilty gear xrd won't have to deal with.

It deserves to be bigger but unfortunately there is the price barrier with the cost of an xbox one and the obvious platform exclusivity issue. Two issues games like guilty gear xrd won't have to deal with.

I think xbox one is stealth price cut to $450,i saw the price tag yesterday on best buy. I think they did that to hold on till later for a $400 system.

DrDogg

I don't like the fact that Fulgore starts off weaker, like Spinal. I'll have to see how good he is with no meter before I go all in on him. His frame data on normals will also be big for me. Right now I'm not excited for Fulgore, but I'll check him out to get the finer details.

.la1n

I don't like the fact that Fulgore starts off weaker, like Spinal. I'll have to see how good he is with no meter before I go all in on him. His frame data on normals will also be big for me. Right now I'm not excited for Fulgore, but I'll check him out to get the finer details.

Yeah we saw how meter management turned out using Spinal so it will be interesting to see if Fulgore suffers because of it. Although to be fair I've seen some really good Spinals from people putting in the time with him.

bumpkin

So to those who got the Pin Ultimate Edition, is the code you use to register for the promotion separate from the game download code? Just wondering if they're somehow magically tied to each other. I have a gift coming in from a relative, and I think it's the Pin edition. Thing is I already have the Ultra edition of the game.

So to those who got the Pin Ultimate Edition, is the code you use to register for the promotion separate from the game download code? Just wondering if they're somehow magically tied to each other. I have a gift coming in from a relative, and I think it's the Pin edition. Thing is I already have the Ultra edition of the game.

Code is the same. The download gives you the Ultra Pack and a Pin-Addition add-on which you need to have installed to be qualified for the promo.

.la1n

Aww, how saddening. I need to see those accessories for Spinal and the costumes on Sadira/Fulgore.

Well, it'd be unfair for her to no costumes given. :c

Since they are still saving some stuff for next weeks stream I'd imagine we have a good chance of seeing at least one of the remaining classic sets. I'm interested to see how Fulgore's Classic turned out.

Since they are still saving some stuff for next weeks stream I'd imagine we have a good chance of seeing at least one of the remaining classic sets. I'm interested to see how Fulgore's Classic turned out.

Well, i'll be pretty excited for Thursday then. I really want to see all that stuff already. Plus, hopefully they play a bit better with Fulgore. Hah. Somethimg tells me that it'll be one of the best ones yet.

bumpkin

Code is the same. The download gives you the Ultra Pack and a Pin-Addition add-on which you need to have installed to be qualified for the promo.
Thanks for the reply. I was looking up info on it and KI Central makes it sound like I can open the meld and enter the code to register for the promo. I can't imagine that it does anything like invalidate the code for an ultra edition download though. Or at least I hope not.

TL;DR - I'd like to keep the pins and case and register for pin challenges, but give/sell the game download itself since I have the game already.

Durock

Thanks for the reply. I was looking up info on it and KI Central makes it sound like I can open the meld and enter the code to register for the promo. I can't imagine that it does anything like invalidate the code for an ultra edition download though. Or at least I hope not.

TL;DR - I'd like to keep the pins and case and register for pin challenges, but give/sell the game download itself since I have the game already.

Hi Bumpkin. Your download code for the Pin Ultimate Edition MUST be registered through the Xbox One itself. Unfortunately, it will not work doing it just through the meld. I apologize for any confusion my wording on the post at KIC may have caused you.

So to reiterate, use the code where you would enter any code to download content via your Xbox One. Once you've done this and you go to KI add-ons, you'll see it labeled as KI Pin Ultimate Edition. Then you'll use also use the same code to register for the PIN benefits.

bumpkin

Hi Bumpkin. Your download code for the Pin Ultimate Edition MUST be registered through the Xbox One itself. Unfortunately, it will not work doing it just through the meld. I apologize for any confusion my wording on the post at KIC may have caused you.

So to reiterate, use the code where you would enter any code to download content via your Xbox One. Once you've done this and you go to KI add-ons, you'll see it labeled as KI Pin Ultimate Edition. Then you'll use also use the same code to register for the PIN benefits.
Damn, that sucks. :( So if I already have the Ultra edition, will downloading the PIN Ultimate edition overwrite/reset all my progress (fight titles, stats, etc.)?

Durock

Damn, that sucks. :( So if I already have the Ultra edition, will downloading the PIN Ultimate edition overwrite/reset all my progress (fight titles, stats, etc.)?

It shouldn't. I went through the same process and everything went smoothly, with no loss of data or resets. This was back in December.

bumpkin

It shouldn't. I went through the same process and everything went smoothly, with no loss of data or resets. This was back in December.
Ah, good. Still kinda bummed that I can't recoup any of my double-purchase cost by selling the game download from the PIN Edition though. Would have been a whole lot cheaper/easier if I hadn't hesitated and pre-ordered it to start with prior to launch.

Silky

Banned
Nine days....
AU7Amsc.gif

Top Bottom