• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

Chettlar

Banned
I am just continually impressed by how good fulgore looks. Just excellent art design there. Love it.

I really like the 6th color variant.

Huh, they have another new stage aside from Fulgore's.

eyedol__s_level_in_ki1_by_conkeronine-d3b40ir.png

bugsjpg.png

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I caught the second half of the stream, Fulgore looks sooo damn good.

Did they say how his unique meter works? Is it just for shadow moves?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I caught the second half of the stream, Fulgore looks sooo damn good.

Did they say how his unique meter works? Is it just for shadow moves?

Gains no meter from normal actions, only through his charge, and his combo normal.
>> Also Through instinct​

Charge works in 3 stages, with a longer duration for each:
LK gives a block,
MK gives 2 blocks
HK gives at least 3, can be held as long as you want.

Can use portions to cancel certain specials into each other.

Max Meter gives him faster default movement and dash speed.

Use of Full Charged Meter + Instinct = LASER BEAMMMM, does 41% unrecoverable damage when used naked, considerable less in combo.

Did anyone use Fulgore in KI 2? Did he have lasers in that game?

I think he had air lasers, and maybe some that showed up in combos. Been a long time since I've really played KI 2 / gold.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Gains no meter from normal actions, only through his charge, and his combo normal.
>> Also Through instinct​

Charge works in 3 stages, with a longer duration for each:
LK gives a block,
MK gives 2 blocks
HK gives at least 3, can be held as long as you want.

Can use portions to cancel certain specials into each other.

Max Meter gives him faster default movement and dash speed.

Use of Full Charged Meter + Instinct = LASER BEAMMMM, does 41% unrecoverable damage when used naked, considerable less in combo.

I think he had air lasers, and maybe some that showed up in combos. Been a long time since I've really played KI 2 / gold.
Holy shit...awesome.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hope I got it all right :) I'm sure someone will point it out if I missed anything.

All those shenanigans for FG, and I can't get a different looking toss for each level of Thunder's sole Command Grab?! XD

Anyway, The unique meter mechanic is pretty sweet. Though Ful'o'gore has all these spacing and ranged tools, he's hard-coded to gaining resources to play at full strength, forcing him to stop spamming and start charging every once in a while.

His combo trait kinda like another twist on the Ghostly Manuals of Spinal... I've no problem with that, personally. It's cool that they let you gain meter, making them one of the most useful combo traits in the game, I'd say.

Single, double, and triple fireballs / multi-level beams, all affixed to strength different button presses. Good ways to use strengths of button presses to actually MEAN something, in a more immediately-noticeable way than your normal strength uses for projectiles in Capcom-inspired fighters. The later characters introduced (Orchid, Spinal, Fulgore) all seem to do a better job at this than the first characters shown (minus Saberwulf), hope this is a trend that keeps up.

I hope their "Stay tuned" on music is more of a "We have Mick + someone else!" announcement, rather than a "Bye Mick, HELLO new guy!" message. Collaborators would be nice, but he's earned a strong following in Season 1.

I hope we never see a "Made simply to be a boss, not playable" character in this game, personally. I think Saiki for KoF XIII was a great compromise, allowing them to make a full player character out of his "normal" self, and make a less-resource-intensive creation for the full boss form, both of which shared some frames and ideas, so that the boss work wasn't a waste. It just makes no sense to make full characters that aren't for use by players anymore.

So we might have out first Palette-swap bonus stage now? I'd be ok with that. DH did a solid job of not reusing assets, but a little reuse here and there isn't bad. It's when the backbone of your work is taken over by it (Shotos, MK Ninjas, etc) that it gets gross.

I do wonder, now that they're stepping out, what the incremental updates going forward will be. Will the new team start making costumes and such, to get used to the engine, graphic style, and to test out some Non DH ideas? Will any of that be included with S1 purchases? *shrug*

Skab

Is there an archive of the stream up anywhere or highlights in video form or anything?

I got caught in the Diablo 3 vortex and completely forgot about it.

Heatshade

Neo Member
I always preferred Fulgore's short eye laser combo from KI 1, I dont know why but it felt more devastating shooting lightning from point blank range into an opponents eyes instead of the long range red lasers.
His chestbeam is massive tho. ;-P

Top Bottom