• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Nothing yet =/ I'm assuming it was delayed.

Or Mick Gordon just finished the music for the game and now they have to edit them into proper tracks as they are dynamic

Remember he works up until the very last second with the music

Durock

Or Mick Gordon just finished the music for the game and now they have to edit them into proper tracks as they are dynamic

Remember he works up until the very last second with the music

Yes he does, but unless it is released today, then it would still be considered delayed. It was confirmed to be this month, but that's unlikely to happen now.

DrDogg

Yeah we saw how meter management turned out using Spinal so it will be interesting to see if Fulgore suffers because of it. Although to be fair I've seen some really good Spinals from people putting in the time with him.

A few good Spinal players doesn't make the character any better. As I mentioned on the DH forums, Justin played Iron Fist and bodied people, but the character is still lacking.

That said, the more I think about it, the more I want to main Spinal. I have some ideas that I think could catch some people by surprise, despite the fact that I believe he's the worst in the game. If none of those ideas pan out... then I don't know how much I'll play until more characters release (aside from the Evo grind since I'm already registered).

.la1n

A few good Spinal players doesn't make the character any better. As I mentioned on the DH forums, Justin played Iron Fist and bodied people, but the character is still lacking.

That said, the more I think about it, the more I want to main Spinal. I have some ideas that I think could catch some people by surprise, despite the fact that I believe he's the worst in the game. If none of those ideas pan out... then I don't know how much I'll play until more characters release (aside from the Evo grind since I'm already registered).

Yeah I know a few good players does not necessarily negate that the character is not as good as he should be. It's unfortunate and I have a feeling any balancing to the roster won't be done for quite a while.

Side note, the team stated they want to be at EVO and at E3 so hopefully that means we see at least a portion of Season 2 this year. I don't want to have to wait a long time for more characters. Even if we do not get Season 3, knowing that we will end up with at least the KI 1 cast makes me happy. Assuming of course they do not completely screw up Cinder :p

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Yeah I know a few good players does not necessarily negate that the character is not as good as he should be. It's unfortunate and I have a feeling any balancing to the roster won't be done for quite a while.

Side note, the team stated they want to be at EVO and at E3 so hopefully that means we see at least a portion of Season 2 this year. I don't want to have to wait a long time for more characters. Even if we do not get Season 3, knowing that we will end up with at least the KI 1 cast makes me happy. Assuming of course they do not completely screw up Cinder :p
Man if we dont get Season 2 by Fall of this year the game will be as good as dead. If I had to guess Id say we'll get TJ Combo and Cinder together probably around E3, then maybe one character every month or so after that. Im also hoping that IG adds new colors and accessories that DONT have to be unlocked by meeting overly time consuming criteria.

Man if we dont get Season 2 by Fall of this year the game will be as good as dead. If I had to guess Id say we'll get TJ Combo and Cinder together probably around E3, then maybe one character every month or so after that. Im also hoping that IG adds new colors and accessories that DONT have to be unlocked by meeting overly time consuming criteria.

Not really,people should be playing KI since it's a fun game. I don't think just because there is no new content means to stop. Halo stopped getting content after a while and many still played. If a game is fun enough people will come back. Although i do see them putting Season 2 this fall.

ACH1LL3US

I wish you were right but I doubt we will see any new characters until the fall :(

I honestly wouldn't expect Cinder to be one of the characters to start Season 2. I'd give that one to Riptor. Especially IG being new, i'd think getting Cinder would be a difficult task for the first.

Is anyone else going to PAX East and trying their luck with the KI tournament? I'll probably lose since I'm pretty average and the setups will most likely use fightsticks but maybe I'll win if everyone else is bad!

Synth

I honestly wouldn't expect Cinder to be one of the characters to start Season 2. I'd give that one to Riptor. Especially IG being new, i'd think getting Cinder would be a difficult task for the first.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him last actually. Of the remaining characters, he's probably the most anticipated. He'd be Season 2's Fulgore.

I was just thinking. With Iron Galaxy taking over.. This excites me for trailers in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him last actually. Of the remaining characters, he's probably the most anticipated. He'd be Season 2's Fulgore.

I could see that happening, which is quite saddening. My girlfriend would be quite upset about that.

But we'll see, I definitely Riptor/TJ Combo as the first characters to start Season 2. If there's 3, then possibly Kim Wu or a new female character.

.la1n

I really don't think we will see any additional characters until the fall at the earliest, they would probably want to follow a similar model as the first season and have at least 4-6 characters for the initial launch and the rest to follow. No idea what's going on over there though, could be that DH already had some work going on future characters and they are further along than we think.

I think if people keep turning out for tournaments and new xbox owners are picking the game up then the game should thrive even if Season 2 is a ways off. Will be interesting to see what happens post-EVO as well as after the Guilty Gear Xrd launch (though I doubt anyone outside of importers will play that game this year.)

The Flash

Banned
Next week is going to be so legit. I'm really happy that MS is still supporting KI. No doubt Spencer had a large hand in this. Hopefully Killer Cuts comes out next week too.

My Glacius and Supreme pins came home today. My collection is slowly growing.

uKod2KL.jpg

tQQIW7X.jpg

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Not really,people should be playing KI since it's a fun game. I don't think just because there is no new content means to stop. Halo stopped getting content after a while and many still played. If a game is fun enough people will come back. Although i do see them putting Season 2 this fall.
Eh I really dont see the game staying relevant beyond very hardcore fans past this year if it doesnt get any new content before then..especially because of the limited roster. But yeah I think Season 2 will be out in some fashion well before that anyway

I wish you were right but I doubt we will see any new characters until the fall :(
I bet
hope
we'll at least get a targeted release date for the beginning of S2 at Evo.

I really don't think we will see any additional characters until the fall at the earliest, they would probably want to follow a similar model as the first season and have at least 4-6 characters for the initial launch and the rest to follow. No idea what's going on over there though, could be that DH already had some work going on future characters and they are further along than we think.

I think if people keep turning out for tournaments and new xbox owners are picking the game up then the game should thrive even if Season 2 is a ways off. Will be interesting to see what happens post-EVO as well as after the Guilty Gear Xrd launch (though I doubt anyone outside of importers will play that game this year.)
Yeah you may be right, I just have to wonder if they are worried about interest in the game dropping by then. I certainly will be very disappointed if we dont get another single character until the Fall. And I thought Xrd would be out in the states this year?? Guess I havent been paying attention.

.la1n

We don't know when Xrd we be out in any territory outside of Japan, given that it's Arcsys I don't think anyone is holding their breath.

edit: noticed doublehelixgames' forum is down with them moving to Amazon now. Wonder if Iron Galaxy will be setting up a community over on their site?

DrDogg

I'd much rather see them start season two with 3 characters, then one character every other month.

- Announce the first 3 characters at E3.
- Release first 3 characters around Evo.
- Announce next character at Evo.
- Release next characters in September, November, January, March, and May.

Keep in mind, Double Helix must have at least a few season two characters decently far along. IG won't be starting from scratch either, the base of the game is done, it's just the characters and stages now.

NEO0MJ

I wonder how much they'll price season 2. Part of me is hoping they'd release a disc version of the game after the completion of season 2, maybe bundle it with the X1.

.la1n

I wonder how much they'll price season 2. Part of me is hoping they'd release a disc version of the game after the completion of season 2, maybe bundle it with the X1.

I believe they have stated before that they will be pursuing a similar pricing structure so I would imagine that there will be combo packs and what not that will include characters / accessories / etc. Although I have to wonder where the bulk of the value will be going forward since you are no longer getting the core game as part of the purchase but instead just additional characters and stages. Granted other companies have and still do charge around the same for less.

DrDogg

I believe they have stated before that they will be pursuing a similar pricing structure so I would imagine that there will be combo packs and what not that will include characters / accessories / etc. Although I have to wonder where the bulk of the value will be going forward since you are no longer getting the core game as part of the purchase but instead just additional characters and stages. Granted other companies have and still do charge around the same for less.

The core game has always been free. Even with season one you pay $20 for 7 characters and stages (one is free). I expect the same for season two.

.la1n

The core game has always been free. Even with season one you pay $20 for 7 characters and stages (one is free). I expect the same for season two.

You are absolutely right about that, I had completely forgotten about the free version since I have always had the ultra edition. Well there you go I'm sure we will be looking at the same price for season 2.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Mick also said justin beiber is doing the music of season 2.

Somehow his jokey nature has made me want to believe he's still going to be on board for the future. pls.

.la1n

So are we having a stream today?

The assumption is always yes unless they post something about it on Twitter. I know they said they had more to show us this week but not sure if they planned on the usual Thursday schedule or Friday like last week.

derFeef

The assumption is always yes unless they post something about it on Twitter. I know they said they had more to show us this week but not sure if they planned on the usual Thursday schedule or Friday like last week.

I always assume no unless they say so. It's easier that way, haha.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Looks fairly likely that we'll be seeing Fulgore's story mode. Really wonder how this is going to turn out.

Playing Blazblue CP's story currently myself, and it's exhaustively long with loads of voicework, and barely a fight to speak of. Which is great for doting over the characters and wonderful VA work, but... it really sucks from the "I play fighting games to FIGHT" perspective. I felt kind od bad to not be grinding combos or something though all those hours of play.

I'll be happy with KI's If it's a bunch of real-time cinematics + fights. I'd love to see some mini-game aspects in there, from as small as the interactive endings of Soul Blade PS1, to as complex as breaking objects and fighting a line of Mass-Produced Fulgores, but I don't expect such.

Just 15 min until we get to see how this all turns out!

Top Bottom