• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Could character training be confused with something like per character combo trials?

They alwaya seemed very confident they'd have something of the type by season's end. I always wondered "why", personally. It seemed daunting to do properly (which to me would be with each chara having some lines and personality in the training, like recent Blazblue releases do), and that stuff would probably be prototyped in story mode first, or come much before it.

There's much less need for it now, though... they could make vids and post them to the in-game meld, and achieve similar results. Such a thing would be nice to fill the between-seasons gap... especially with all characters finally out.

dankir

Did Combo get a new punch attack? I'm n watching a stream and I'm seeing this new Wind up body blow. Is it another animation for his auto barrage enter? Never saw it before the Hisako or Cinder updates.

Actually it looks like his FK attack from KI 2

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Did Combo get a new punch attack? I'm n watching a stream and I'm seeing this new Wind up body blow. Is it another animation for his auto barrage enter? Never saw it before the Hisako or Cinder updates.

Actually it looks like his FK attack from KI 2

He got an advantage ender to his auto barrage. If you repeat a button, you get that. It turns auto b. Into a frame trap / mixup / manual capable tool.

This was an add for taking away the ability to do normal enders out of partial auto b.. But now full barrage does even MORE damage...

dankir

He got an advantage ender to his auto barrage. If you repeat a button, you get that. It turns auto b. Into a frame trap / mixup / manual capable tool.

This was an add for taking away the ability to do normal enders out of partial auto b.. But now full barrage does even MORE damage...

Okay that's what it is, cuz it wasn't causing a knockdown. Very cool.

.la1n

Any pro tips against killer Hisako players? How do you deal with her ability to counter (seemingly) every offense?

There is plenty of recovery on a counter attempt so the key is to condition your opponent to expect an attack where there is none and punish their whiffed counter attempts.

Skab

Textual stream is up

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=9694.0

Here’s her original concept which, like all our designs, has evolved a bit since it was created:

ARIA_cncpt.jpg

Hmm… she seems different than the silhouette in the tease… where’s the wings? And those other things… what are those?

When fighting ARIA you are not fighting one character – you’re fighting three.

Oh god what. She sounds INSANE.

Doukou

Lol what, Kinda confused, she can switch between three different characters? Sounds like a single Skullgirls/MvC3 charcater

Skab

Lol what, Kinda confused, she can switch between three different characters?/

When you really boil it down, she's a stance change character. But her stances have their own bodies and the ones not in use can be hit/hurt. And called in as assists, Marvel style. You also have to kill all three of them, once, to win the match, instead of going through her life bar twice like everyone else. Which is also Marvel style.

Scooby

When you really boil it down, she's a stance change character. But her stances have their own bodies and the ones not in use can be hit/hurt. And called in as assists, Marvel style. You also have to kill all three of them, once, to win the match, instead of going through her life bar twice like everyone else. Which is also Marvel style.

what the fuck

dankir

Amazing! You have to hand it to Iron Galaxy this season 2 every single character is completely unique and individual.

Aria looks sick! Can't wait for S3!

.la1n

The way they are handling a stance change character sounds very interesting. Look forward to seeing the in game character model, not completely sold on the look from the concept art. Not a terrible design by any means but I'm not immediately in love with it.

Doukou

Thanks I think I got the gist of it now, Iron Galaxy is crazy. Not a big fan of stance change but I rather like this way.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Femgore! That's a cool way to shoehorn tag battles and health meter management into the game, ha. I'd hope they'd go all out for her accessories; such a chara gives a lot of creative leeway.

I hope she can use her transforms in combos somehow, maybe with the "assist". That'd be quite fun to watch, very stylish if done right.

Hope she has hype beam 2.0 with the bass body somewhere.

Sponge

Banned
Aria seems crazy to use. I get Marvel vibes from having to switch between drones. I'm very interested to see how she plays.

I've been banned for a while but I picked up shago and season 2 ultra the first day of the offer.

The KI community is amazing!

Gotten back into it and now I've so many characters to learn.

Aria soubds like a character I won't use. Stance change characters never gel with me for some reason

.la1n

any year now...

This is a Capcom Cup tour tournament so you can expect they won't be bumping Street Fighter for anything.

Edit: pools FINALLY starting

Pandaxgaming has probably the best looking stream on source I've ever seen. Looks great.

Edit 2: and now top 8 is on leveluplive and the stream quality is crap, lol.

Top Bottom