• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Doukou

Thank you and no worries, I would think Jago is the most noob/masher friendly. Only reason I ever win is because I know his move set from Street Fighter. Anyhow, I need to pick a second character and learn.

Nah that is Sabrewulf. I would say that you need to improve your breaking game, it seems like your guessbreaking which can be useful but you will have a hard time learning the system if you rely on it.

Cinder might be up your alley, assuming you own season 2. He's fairly good all around like Jago is although his damage is a bit lower and his footsies aren't as good. Burnout enders are ridiculous though.

Cinder players especially beat the crap out of me, I'll give him a shot today.

Nah that is Sabrewulf. I would say that you need to improve your breaking game, it seems like your guessbreaking which can be useful but you will have a hard time learning the system if you rely on it.

Oh, I'm definitely guessbreaking and have a very hard time guessing correctly. I just can't figure out what strength the attacks are most of the time. Do I just need to put the practice dummy on and learn the audio signals? or is there a better way? I also come out of block mid string A LOT and get punished badly. I was okay in the silver division but once I got to gold I just get bodied lol

I'd be raging hard from those amounts of t-bagging.

I never tbag first and would never have gone to that extreme level but this guy was genuinely the most disrespectful player I have encountered in online gaming in years, possibly ever. Honestly, when I get wrecked really bad I usually ask them how they did it instead of getting mad.

btags

Oh, I'm definitely guessbreaking and have a very hard time guessing correctly. I just can't figure out what strength the attacks are most of the time. Do I just need to put the practice dummy on and learn the audio signals? or is there a better way? I also come out of block mid string A LOT and get punished badly. I was okay in the silver division but once I got to gold I just get bodied lol

I think it honestly just comes down to playing enough so that you can recognize animations for different strengths. It was helpful for me to just mess around with other characters in practice or versus an ai not necessarily to get good with them but just to see what animations correspond to different strengths. I think when you have played as another character for a bit, you inherently understand and recognize their moves more easily, even if you are not that good fighting with them.

Doukou

You will get a good feel of what is a light medium and heavy attack after awhile if you just kinda pay understand that a light is quick, medium is fast and heavy is slow. I just started getting a feel for it, there are multiple ways to tell. Sound, knockmeter bar along with ender level, a heavy attack results in high ender bar level while light is reults in a higher knockout meter gain, along with the speed of the attack.

So generally experience is the best, its just you won't get that much experience if you try and break in the first hit.

Good news is that Combo Breaking Training is coming next patch which should help alot.

Also Revenge t-bagging is the best t-bagging.

Doukou

Wow I had an idea we would get it and rather quickly but no idea our first progress update would be its completion.

Sydle

I love how this completely shut down the haters. Game is not dead. Community is not dead.

They need to make a Shago caption pic that says "I'm afraid your FUD ends here."

You will get a good feel of what is a light medium and heavy attack after awhile if you just kinda pay understand that a light is quick, medium is fast and heavy is slow. I just started getting a feel for it, there are multiple ways to tell. Sound, knockmeter bar along with ender level, a heavy attack results in high ender bar level while light is reults in a higher knockout meter gain, along with the speed of the attack.

So generally experience is the best, its just you won't get that much experience if you try and break in the first hit.

Good news is that Combo Breaking Training is coming next patch which should help alot.

Also Revenge t-bagging is the best t-bagging.

It felt great to beat that guy. Also, I love this game and I'm blown away by the skill I see online.

Nori Chan

Holy crap. Put me in the most pessimistic of fans thinking that it wouldn't hit it at all with the time. I'm so proud of this community.

Well, since it hit the goal I went ahead and bought it. Mostly worried they'll add achievements for him and I'll be screwed. Suppose I can save the gold to unlock some stuff for season 3 characters.

Repost.

Fuck yes! I didn't expect the goal to be met in less than three days, holy shit. The hype for KI is there!

We'll finally get Shadow Jago as his own character!

$50,000 to the prize pool for EVO? Good shit. Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of players come back, and a lot of new players as well. :)

Also, since they said by the end of 2015. That just tells me that Season 3 confirmed straight up.

.la1n

Cinder mirror match has to be the worst match in the game, it's almost always a time out. Lots of chasing each other around the level. Not very Killer Instinct feeling :(

Doukou

Cinder mirror match has to be the worst match in the game, it's almost always a time out. Lots of chasing each other around the level. Not very Killer Instinct feeling :(

It's bad but Aganos vs Aganos is the worst. Two giant cowards.

What I hate in that mirror is hopping in place throwing pyrobombs.

Not that it doesn't happen outside of mirrors all the time, but it's the worst.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Amazing that they hit that goal in 72 hours..KI community is strong as ever it seems. I already had Shago but I bought the bundle anyway, the game deserves it.

hwalker84

Amazing that they hit that goal in 72 hours..KI community is strong as ever it seems. I already had Shago but I bought the bundle anyway, the game deserves it.
Same here I feel this is not just about the community but about showing Microsoft this game has a strong following.

.la1n

What I hate in that mirror is hopping in place throwing pyrobombs.

Not that it doesn't happen outside of mirrors all the time, but it's the worst.

I have put some pretty significant time into the character and I still can't shake the feeling the character isn't completed, like probably needed another two weeks or so of fine tuning. His combo timing is really strange, it feels really off from the rest of the cast. Some of his animations seem out of place or don't flow well in combos. His combo enders also follow a different approach than anyone else, the hits don't even line up with ender levels.

Cinder was my favorite character from the original games and I was really looking forward to his release this season but all I am feeling right now is really disappointed. The design is in the right place and I want to love him but his game play is just too stiff and off putting as it is now. I think what makes it extra painful is we are coming off of one of the best animated characters of season 2, Hisako.

Doukou

I wonder how they are going to handle Shadow Jago availability in the future. I would want him available for free for everyone but I've had him for awhile and didn't just drop 20 dollars on him.
Maybe have it so that people who own have him unlocked and maxed leveled, while people who don't have to beat Shadow Jago the boss.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I wonder how they are going to handle Shadow Jago availability in the future. I would want him available for free for everyone but I've had him for awhile and didn't just drop 20 dollars on him.
Maybe have it so that people who own have him unlocked and maxed leveled, while people who don't have to beat Shadow Jago the boss.

My hope is he becomes free for all S1 owners and anyone who got him via code or community gets an exclusive color

My hope is he becomes free for all S1 owners and anyone who got him via code or community gets an exclusive color

How about when/if he eventually becomes free/available to all as his own character, those who had the code get Shadow Jago as a skin/accessory set for normal Jago? That way, if his character gets mixed up a lot from getting his own moves and techniques, those players who liked playing him before with Jago's moveset can still do so.

DopeyFish

How about when/if he eventually becomes free/available to all as his own character, those who had the code get Shadow Jago as a skin/accessory set for normal Jago? That way, if his character gets mixed up a lot from getting his own moves and techniques, those players who liked playing him before with Jago's moveset can still do so.

Probably because the jago that looks like shadow jago vs shadow jago matches would be awkward

Are there still glitchy achievements? I sorta have ignored the game since Maya came out and recently got back into it. I remember people saying a ton of the achievements and challenges were randomly glitched. Was this ever addressed?

Doukou

Are there still glitchy achievements? I sorta have ignored the game since Maya came out and recently got back into it. I remember people saying a ton of the achievements and challenges were randomly glitched. Was this ever addressed?

I think it was, there haven't been anymore topics about it.
Now to another subject
I dont't like using the burnout ender but I always end up using accidentally :/
Damn D-Pad.

Doukou

IGS Kraig on Ultra Combo

We have no Character Specific Dojo lessons in the plans for Season 2. Combo Breaker Mode is the Practice Addition for this season.

I just made the golden league and do you guys know if I can drop back to silver if I loose, or this is where I stay even if the points get to zero?

.la1n

IGS Kraig on Ultra Combo

We have no Character Specific Dojo lessons in the plans for Season 2. Combo Breaker Mode is the Practice Addition for this season.

I assumed this was the case, hopefully they do still plan to do character specific training in season 3. It would go a long way to bringing newer players up to speed.

IGS Kraig on Ultra Combo

....didn't they say all characters would have a training mode by the end of the season?

or am i imagining things?

Skab

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't really see the point in updating the dojo for every character.

There are far better resources on how to learn characters/the game. Kinda seems like a waste of time for them.

vg260

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't really see the point in updating the dojo for every character.

There are far better resources on how to learn characters/the game. Kinda seems like a waste of time for them.

Initially disappointed but after thinking about it some more, I think if they had to choose, the breaker training is probably the right call. That and if it works the Shadow stuff may be more entertaining as a mode.

It's hard to convey a lot of stuff in the dojo other than just general usage stuff. I watched a Kan-Ra video on YouTube that was probably way more useful than the dojo could convey in terms of character usage, setups, etc.

Still, I hope they do something, eventually, although it does seem lowest priority.

DopeyFish

shame but things fall through the cracks on timelines.

I don't doubt it was in the plans but never got picked up, honestly things like game balance and characters are more important.

THEY LIED OH NO. *eyeroll*

vg260

This guy does't have sources but assuming that everything he says is true (I think it is because it all sounds pretty familiar) then IG and MS were straight up lying to us for months about character specific dojos.

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=9627.0

Well, I don't believe they were "straight up lying" when they said they planned to do it. That has a very intentionally deceptive connotation to it. I'm not sure why someone would think they were intentionally trying to mislead anyone. They probably were planning it, but as happens sometimes a wrench get thrown into plans, especially for something in development without specific guaranteed bullet point features. The language was never in absolutes. It sucks, but we are technically seeing this game as developed.

The more I think about it, the better shadows + breaker training sounds compared to what I played through for Jago in the Dojo. So if that was the trade off, I'm ok with it, even if plans changed.

Doukou

I am not really upset either, I've kinda learned everybody already. It's just disappointing that it got cut since I feel it would encourage more character diversity. The new modes, shadows and breaking, are probably more useful for me to practice.

Top Bottom