• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Zubz

Banned
When you really boil it down, she's a stance change character. But her stances have their own bodies and the ones not in use can be hit/hurt. And called in as assists, Marvel style. You also have to kill all three of them, once, to win the match, instead of going through her life bar twice like everyone else. Which is also Marvel style.

Wow... ARIA's gonna be good.

Mick tease for ARIA theme

https://vine.co/v/emqKDrOFMdE

Sounding very liquid drum and bass.

Scratch that. ARIA's gonna be real good.

rrc1594

GRUDGE match today

YltYpZo.jpg

Goddamn the soundtrack for this game is so unbelievably good. OST of the generation, easily. So tempted to make an appreciation/awareness topic in the main Gaming forum. :\

El Sabroso

just wait to ARIA's theme so you can link to all S2 tracks, or at least all that are uploaded by Mick Gordon himself, others are provided via capture by Rkosmik

.la1n

Goddamn the soundtrack for this game is so unbelievably good. OST of the generation, easily. So tempted to make an appreciation/awareness topic in the main Gaming forum. :

There was one not long ago. It was Mick Gordan's work as a whole not just his KI tracks but effectively the same thing.

Skab

Goddamn the soundtrack for this game is so unbelievably good. OST of the generation, easily. So tempted to make an appreciation/awareness topic in the main Gaming forum. :\

I've been thinking about making one once we have all the season 2 themes. It's all so good.

.la1n

I like that Rebelo said build up more of the casual appeal with the game and quit buffing and nerfing characters, lol. I agree Season 2 has been way to change happy with character's move sets. They should have taken a Season 1 approach and only fixed things that were game breaking but otherwise just let it rock. People don't want to relearn their characters and match ups every month.

btags

So I have been playing this game since launch and I think I am alright online, but for some reason I cannot fight against a good Kan Ra at all. Does anyone have any tips for fighting him (especially as jago, glacius, or cinder) or know of any other resources I can look at? I always feel like I am just blocking and then waiting to fall into one of Kan Ra's traps when I fight him.

So I have been playing this game since launch and I think I am alright online, but for some reason I cannot fight against a good Kan Ra at all. Does anyone have any tips for fighting him (especially as jago, glacius, or cinder) or know of any other resources I can look at? I always feel like I am just blocking and then waiting to fall into one of Kan Ra's traps when I fight him.

Always try to take his traps.....they are the biggest nuisance in his game play so if you take those away, it messes up his game plan. Imo, he's one of the hard characters to face since he relies so much on them plus of his range.....usually the best option is rush down. Blocking a lot against a Kan-Ra usually means a free grapple for him.

As for the interview, I'm pretty sure it means S3 is confirmed lol. E3 in a month.....

vg260

I would be completely shocked if there is not a season 3.

A PC port seems less certain, but I'm still expecting it to happen once all the Windows 10 stuff starts happening.

Exactly the same man. I'm not great but it verging on making Killer rank.

I cannot play Kan ra at all.

Let me know if you wanna do a few friendly sets

Jarlaxle

Finally got my 20 ranked wins as Cinder. He's probably my least favorite character to use from Season 2 unfortunately. I just had a really hard time with him. I was getting a little better at the end but he's really just not for me. It was so nice to go back to Orchid afterwards.

.la1n

Finally got my 20 ranked wins as Cinder. He's probably my least favorite character to use from Season 2 unfortunately. I just had a really hard time with him. I was getting a little better at the end but he's really just not for me. It was so nice to go back to Orchid afterwards.

Yeah I really tried to get used to him because I like the character but no matter how much I try he just doesn't click like the rest of the cast. Maybe after they smooth out some of his inputs it will feel better but right now he feels too disjointed for me.

Tik-Tok

Hey guys,

Rebelo is a friend of mine, and I really feel like it would be a travesty if he didn't get a chance to compete at EVO or Combo Breaker or CEO for one of these big pots.

He's got a family and kids and I know would really benefit from one of those pot bonuses, but having a family is pretty expensive so he can't afford to travel.

What would be the best way to try and do some sort of crowd funding or group donations to try and raise some money to get him there, and would anyone here be willing to donate to it?

Sorry if this is tacky or the wrong place for this sort of thing.

.la1n

Hey guys,

Rebelo is a friend of mine, and I really feel like it would be a travesty if he didn't get a chance to compete at EVO or Combo Breaker or CEO for one of these big pots.

He's got a family and kids and I know would really benefit from one of those pot bonuses, but having a family is pretty expensive so he can't afford to travel.

What would be the best way to try and do some sort of crowd funding or group donations to try and raise some money to get him there, and would anyone here be willing to donate to it?

Sorry if this is tacky or the wrong place for this sort of thing.

No, you came to the right place Tik-Tok. Rebelo absolutely deserves to be able to travel to at least one of those events. He is a great player. I would recommend checking with the guys over at Ultra-Combo.com as they obviously have larger numbers than we do here. Maybe getting in touch with some of the more prevalent KI steamers to see if they can at least give a mention. Let me know where you end up setting up the donation and I'll be sure to try and give some.

You can also tweet it to Adam Isgreen on Twitter or some of the other developers/players and I'm sure they'll retweet it for you.

Cyros

Maybe the bigger FGC here on NeoGAF would be willing to help? Didn't they sponsor to send a few guys to Northwest Majors this year?

Doukou

Are we getting game play this week or do we have to wait for Combo Breaker?

There is a Q/A thread so we are getting a text stream

For Rebelo I think like laln suggested asking someone from MS/IG would be a good first step to see if they can set something up/ or give some exposure to a fund.

Tik-Tok

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I made a gofundme to try and raise the funds. If you guys could share the link that would be awesome. Or if you have any advise or feedback on how to make it more successful I'm all ears!

http://www.gofundme.com/rebeloevo2k15

If you're able to donate thats even better! Thanks guys :)

.la1n

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I made a gofundme to try and raise the funds. If you guys have any advise or feedback on how to make it more successful I'm all ears!

http://www.gofundme.com/rebeloevo2k15

If you're able to donate thats even better! Thanks guys :)

First steps would be to cross post it over on ultra-combo.com, I would also tweet it over to Adam Isgreen (Microsoft creative director) as well as Adam Hart (Keits) from Iron Galaxy. As for community players to look to for exposure I would say GamerLCD and @8BH_Zombie. I'll try to get word out where I can as well.

Tik-Tok

First steps would be to cross post it over on ultra-combo.com, I would also tweet it over to Adam Isgreen (Microsoft creative director) as well as Adam Hart (Keits) from Iron Galaxy. As for community players to look to for exposure I would say GamerLCD and @8BH_Zombie. I'll try to get word out where I can as well.

Thanks man. I'm kinda bad at the Twitter. Is it best to send them tweets individually or @ them all in the same tweet.

.la1n

Thanks man. I'm kinda bad at the Twitter. Is it best to send them tweets individually or @ them all in the same tweet.

You could @ them all in the same tweet I am sure. I would just say something along the lines of "friend of Rebelo, hoping you could spread the word about our fundme to bring him out to tournaments" and include a link. You could probably shoot one over to Maximilian as well, I am sure he will retweet if he sees it.

Don't feel bad I am terrible at the Twitter as well but it seems to be the best way to get in touch with people nowadays so I reluctantly use it. Hope this will work out because I feel like any of those tournaments without him is missing one of KI's top players.

Anyone else stuck at "Syncing data for Killer Instinct" and unable to use the game online?

Edit: NM looks like its an xbox live issue. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
Social and Gaming: Limited

Affected platforms:

Xbox One

Xbox 360

Affected services:
Accessing or retrieving data stored using cloud storage
Joining other Xbox Live members in online games
Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing

Fml I'm getting errors while trying to buy Shadow Jago. Was unable to grab it earlier cause I didn't get paid on time last pay period (they forgot to pay me)... Hopefully I can get it...

Fuck so mad all because someone didn't pay me on time

Edit: man I'm so salty right now. What a bad month.

Doukou

Wasn't fond of the first tease but I like this.

Fml I'm getting errors while trying to buy Shadow Jago. Was unable to grab it earlier cause I didn't get paid on time last pay period (they forgot to pay me)... Hopefully I can get it...

Fuck so mad all because someone didn't pay me on time

Edit: man I'm so salty right now. What a bad month.
Man that sounds like a series of unfortunate events. Maybe as a last ditch effort send a message to Adam Isgreen?

catmario

I finally bought Shadow jago bundle a hour ago. First time ever I paid for Killer instinct. Good. :) Now I'll play this more actively than before.

Top Bottom