• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

To be fair... She loses options as the match goes on... So she will have more difficulty closing out ... If she's doesn't maximize earlier, she could quickly get herself into trouble

This is pretty important. It'd be super easy to have a bad start and basically just lose from the start. Comebacks will be pretty difficult for her unless you're really careful with things like juggling drone health and tactical instinct use. You aren't just fighting against 3 characters at once with her, you also have to learn 3 characters.

ARIA looked pretty fun and has a lot of nice moves. Thought she was gonna be very OP at first but even with 3 health bars, she doesn't seem to have much of an advantage since you can destroy her bodies pretty quickly which makes comebacks really hard for her. Seems like a high skill level character like Kan-Ra since you have to manage your bots a lot. I wanna see some pros spend some more time with her in the lab and see how crazy she can be though....

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
LoL, currently at an Anime con... and watched ARIA stream ona tablet. I feel like a fanboy.

Anywho, Aria looks prety sweet, love the transformation "cinematic", and her surprisingly cocky poses. She really looks like a RAcaseal or RAmarl from PSO... even has a PSO ID symbol spot on her chest, heh.

shotgun legs and inhuman motions at times are also really cool. I'm happy to finally see accessories that modify a face. They've avoided that much of this season.

The way her stage opens up looks very cool. Can't wait to see if her stage ultra feels like a retro knock-off corner kill.

Doukou

Finally got around to watching Aria stream.

Man she looks great, love her moves and how the drone game play works. Her moves seem very simple though juggling all those drones and stuff makes it complex. Not a big fan of her transformation sequence though seems like it be a bit annoying after a while. Love her stage hoping for the knock off finisher, music is sounding great too. Colors are great, head accessories are great others not so much. I'm guessing she is launching with her premium accessories, wonder if she will get retro in June story update.I really like her mini cape.

As for how balance she will be I am not sure. She seems very glass cannony being able to get destroyed easily if she lets the opponent get the chance. On the other hand her grenade kicks and her knees seem very good so shes not totally ruined. Her zoning game seems really good too, I see a match up in her favor with Glacius. Her instinct is probably the best in the game also. Not really sure if she is broken OP but I'm guessing she is one of the higher tier characters.

Heatshade

Neo Member
Oh man, Im liking this boss. Elegant, deadly and yet so vunerable.
Aganos can really wreck her... FAST!

On a side note, did anyone notice they changed Hisakos character select picture?
She looks cuter now. Or is it just me? D:

On a side note, did anyone notice they changed Hisakos character select picture?

I thought they'd changed it—glad it wasn't just me. I think they've just made her face visible. Before it was all shadowed out.

.la1n

Hm did not notice that before you mentioned, yeah looks like her face is more clearly visible now. Load times still look to be terrible in this update as well unfortunately but I'll wait until I can get hands on. It does, however, appear that the delay when pausing the game was corrected. Not sure if the gamma blow out at the end of matches has been fixed, can't tell right now.

Are we getting retro Hisako and retro Cinder with this update?

edit: yeah contrast / gamma still blows out after the victory, what the heck is that?

stn

Any chance there will be a sale on the ultra season 2 edition? I'd like to play the new characters but I also want KI2 HD. Buying the combo breaker edition is pretty much pointless. Thanks.

shaowebb

So Aria is essentially designed to be a Marvel vs Capcom character in KI then.

• has assists she can call to cover her but the assists can take damage so bad assist calls hurt the team
  • assists are BOTH the MVC2 and MVC3 styles. One is punishable on start the other is punishable only after they are done. One is a projectile, the other an AA which is the two general most used types of assists. Booster is looking like Iron Fist's Rising Fang assist which was mad useful in UMVC3 but instead of a wallbounce he nets a knockdown which honestly seems more fitting and useful for Aria and KI in general.
  • She has fly unfly/float stuff like storm
  • 3 hit marvel beam style projectiles in base body
  • when one form is destroyed you lose access to it as an assist just like if a character in a marvel team dies you no longer have them as an assist tool for the rest of the team

I like her. No clue how she is likely going to fit into the tier list of this game, but I'll guess High because of the bag of tricks she has is pretty good for both combos, and opening folks up. Just seems like she can make her mistakes safe pretty easily and can punish pretty well.

Gestault

Did the metallic shader on Aganos from the stream look updated to anyone else? It seemed like it had more sheen to it, in a really nice way (especially with the red paint), but I wasn't sure if it was just the way the feed looked.

shaowebb

Jesus Christ...! Just saw Aganos vs Aria and what happens if he gets a wall up and clubs her through it. That damage is real for her since her health is spread into thirds. Lost that drone body fucking instantly. They should have used more grabs on him.

Any chance there will be a sale on the ultra season 2 edition? I'd like to play the new characters but I also want KI2 HD. Buying the combo breaker edition is pretty much pointless. Thanks.

I think there was a sale a while back. There might be one again, especially if they're ramping up for S3.

.la1n

For a tournament named combo breaker and taking place in Chicago I am pretty disappointed at the lack of stream time for KI. I think every tournament I have seen this year thus far had better coverage of pools.

dankir

Animation of the stage ultras havn't been so great in general, like Aganos for example.

This one needs to be shorter and the Sadira falling animation was a bit rough.

btags

Animation of the stage ultras havn't been so great in general, like Aganos for example.

This one needs to be shorter and the Sadira falling animation was a bit rough.

I think the problem, at least with this one and the one on Kan Ra's stage, is that the players move too slowly and with a canned "falling" animation. It looks like falling deaths in halo combat evolved with messed up gravity.

.la1n

I think the problem, at least with this one and the one on Kan Ra's stage, is that the players move too slowly and with a canned "falling" animation. It looks like falling deaths in halo combat evolved with messed up gravity.

Yeah the arm and feet looney tunes animation makes them a little too goofy. I appreciate the effort though, not like they'll ever fix them. They only fix the things we are least vocal about ;)

rrc1594

Not seeing the rest of Top 16 sucks, because there wasn't even stream yesterday. It looks like the KI scene is getting tougher or top players are slipping. If you ask me beginning of 2015 who was the Top 3 best players I would say CDJR, PaulB, and Rico. CDJR doesn't look as strong as he use to, PaulB didn't even make Top 8 this CB. Rico still doing his thing.

btags

Not seeing the rest of Top 16 sucks, because there wasn't even stream yesterday. It looks like the KI scene is getting tougher or top players are slipping. If you ask me beginning of 2015 who was the Top 3 best players I would say CDJR, PaulB, and Rico. CDJR doesn't look as strong as he use to, PaulB didn't even make Top 8 this CB. Rico still doing his thing.

When and where are the KI finals watchable?

I wanna see more Grimmmz but all he does is play H1Z1. I stream monster him all the time but his Jago was hype. Sad times. Game feels like it's dying.

Twitch.tv/teamsp00ky and it's starting soon.

Cheers!

Doukou

I think it's a mix, CDJR is probably slipping and the newer players are tough opponents who he is not used fighting. PaulB probably lost do to not a lot experience vs Thunder.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just back from Combo Breaker, saw all the IG guys, Max, and randomly ended up sitting next to Paul B and a few of the othe top 8 players for finals. Good fun.

.la1n

I really like watching KI.

How is the game perceived in the broader fighting game community at tournaments?

Most people have interest in it but aren't interested in buying an Xbox One for it. A PC release would go a long way to catching more of the community.

Top Bottom