• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Most people have interest in it but aren't interested in buying an Xbox One for it. A PC release would go a long way to catching more of the community.

Yeah, I love it on Xbox One, but I would drop it for a PC version pretty much instantly. Ive got a couple 360 sticks I would like to use, haha.

Good to know people are at least interested in it, I think its one of the best 2D fighters out there.

Dai101

Banned
How is the game perceived in the broader fighting game community at tournaments?

I will say, surprisingly good:

•Ultra Street Fighter IV - 266
•Mortal Kombat X - 261
•Guilty Gear Xrd -157
•Super Smash Bros 4 - 140
•Mystery Game Tournament - 128
•Skullgirls - 105
•Killer Iinstinct - 104
•Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 93
•Super Smash Bros Melee - 76

That's the number of entries for KI in this weeks ComboBreaker tournament. it even got more tan fan favourites like Ultimate MvC.

.la1n

^granted those are chicago numbers where Iron Galaxy is located and there is a good KI scene.

Whether numbers hold for other tournaments across the states will be a better test.

KI seems to be a very online heavy community game with numbers not translating offline like they do with Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.

.la1n

^^
Is a nice incentive that the pot prize in CEO will be 15K

Let's hope CEO has better stream coverage than Combo Breaker. I was really disappointed with their coverage.

Day 2 streams were non existent and top 16 got cut off before finishing. Pretty insulting as a KI fan. Top 8 didn't even start close to on time because of mystery game tournament.

Skab

Let's hope CEO has better stream coverage than Combo Breaker. I was really disappointed with their coverage.

Day 2 streams were non existent and top 16 got cut off before finishing. Pretty insulting as a KI fan. Top 8 didn't even start close to on time because of mystery game tournament.

The TOs cant do anything about the venues internet dropping. So you can't really blame that on them/the streamers.

I will say, surprisingly good:

•Ultra Street Fighter IV - 266
•Mortal Kombat X - 261
•Guilty Gear Xrd -157
•Super Smash Bros 4 - 140
•Mystery Game Tournament - 128
•Skullgirls - 105
•Killer Iinstinct - 104
•Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 93
•Super Smash Bros Melee - 76

That's the number of entries for KI in this weeks ComboBreaker tournament. it even got more tan fan favourites like Ultimate MvC.

Weird list. I dont think Xrd should be that high. And a jokey tournament being so high is weird too, but I havent watched Combo Breaker before, so maybe its a huge deal, but it seemed kinda lame to me.

Skab

Weird list. I dont think Xrd should be that high. And a jokey tournament being so high is weird too, but I havent watched Combo Breaker before, so maybe its a huge deal, but it seemed kinda lame to me.

Mystery tourney is always big, and is always good fun.

.la1n

The TOs cant do anything about the venues internet dropping. So you can't really blame that on them/the streamers.

Completely agreed on that point but even if the internet worked flawlessly all weekend there was very little scheduled coverage for KI.

I tried to watch the archived footage.

I watched pools, top 16. Went to watch top 8 today and they only have it starting from Rico and Shins last round. Fucking lame.

I was excited to watch the whole top 8

El Sabroso

I tried to watch the archived footage.

I watched pools, top 16. Went to watch top 8 today and they only have it starting from Rico and Shins last round. Fucking lame.

I was excited to watch the whole top 8

there was a lot of disconections while top 8, we will have to wait for the VODs on YouTube from Spooky

So I don't have the game to check, but I like watching streams of it, and I don't understand the combo system. Can anyone please explain it for me?

Doukou

So I don't have the game to check, but I like watching streams of it, and I don't understand the combo system. Can anyone please explain it for me?

Ki.infil.net

Basically
Opener, double or manual of three strengths, linker of 3 strengths, ender
Light doubles are hard to break/ faster but don't build ender levels(4 different levels) heavies are the opposite. Opponent can combo break by inputting the correct strength at the right time usually before the arrack hits them. You can counter break by pressing middle strengths and continue your combo before opponent combo breaks. Manuals are delayed auto doubles in a sense that require strict timing that make the combo harder to break.

Ki.infil.net

Basically
Opener, double or manual of three strengths, linker of usually 2 strengths, ender
Light doubles are hard to break/ faster but don't build ender levels(4 different levels) heavies are the opposite. Opponent can combo break by inputting the correct strength at the right time usually before the arrack hits them. You can counter break by pressing middle strengths and continue your combo before opponent combo breaks. Manuals are delayed auto doubles in a sense that require strict timing that make the combo harder to break.

Thank you so much.

hwalker84

Ki.infil.net

Basically
Opener, double or manual of three strengths, linker of usually 2 strengths, ender

Linkers are 3 strengths.

.la1n

Where is the ARIA trailer? It's May 26th. Actually the MS team has been really quiet on Twitter lately, gearing up for E3 I guess.

Doukou

Yah I imagine release will happen on Friday and the trailer the day before or on. Memorial weekend not to mention people like Max being at Combo Breaker probably delayed it

.la1n

Yah I imagine release will happen on Friday and the trailer the day before or on. Memorial weekend not to mention people like Max being at Combo Breaker probably delayed it

Max said he finished his part on the trailer last Monday, that's why I was confused as to what the hold up is.

I actually wasn't being serious, but if we did... Man, my mind couldn't handle such a thing...

I'm preparing for the day that Season 3 is announced.

Doukou

Nice trailer. Can't wait to hear her announcer voice.
No tease ;(

Also seeing the winning animations with the camera makes me really want a photo mode.

.la1n

Unfortunately sounds like Aria's theme is more miss than hit for me but I'm sure others will love it. I did really dig the introduction part of it but not the main theme so much. The knock out at the end would have been a lot more hype if they had not showed it at Combo Breaker. Overall a nice end to the season.

I'm digging what is there of back story and motivation behind her. Makes her more than just a typical last boss character.

Is it me, or did it sound different from what we heard of her theme before? I dunno, I probably need to listen to it closely.

Also, I know that we rarely talked about it here. Since Season 2 is ending, what type of characters would you want in Season 3? I'd love to see another 'true' grappler.

I'd also like to see:

- Vampire
- Djinn
- Witch Doctor
- Cthulhu
- Wendigo
- Old Man from KI2 Training Mode

- 'Roxy Rave'/'Shadow' Orchid as the bonus character

What about you guys?

vg260

I'd like to see their take on a metal zombie mascot tribute kinda like Raptor from Darkstalkers, except more serious.

But really, if I was being completely unrealistic, I'd want Eddie himself as a guest character.
eddie19.jpg

Playing Aganos is so damn hard online. I'm not great at him, sure, but it seems once I get locked in a corner I can't get an attack out, since everyone's attacks just seem so much faster. Haha.

Doukou

Playing Aganos is so damn hard online. I'm not great at him, sure, but it seems once I get locked in a corner I can't get an attack out, since everyone's attacks just seem so much faster. Haha.

Make sure to punish a lot with Shadow Ruin.
Also be the biggest coward when your opponent has shadow meter, it will go through your armor and generally Aganos can't hit fast enough.

Make sure to punish a lot with Shadow Ruin.
Also be the biggest coward when your opponent has shadow meter, it will go through your armor and generally Aganos can't hit fast enough.

I just got locked into a corner,and anytime I tried to swing up an attack it was so slow, that they just hit me first, even if I had hit attack first. Haha.

dankir

I just got locked into a corner,and anytime I tried to swing up an attack it was so slow, that they just hit me first, even if I had hit attack first. Haha.

Shadow ball move is great if they are in the air. If they land on it and get hit keeping the kicks in place and wait a second to let go so you can recapture.

Shadow ruin is a good get of of the way move even if it misses you still end up on the other end of the screen.

.la1n

Neat, I don't have the patience to do a uninstall and reinstall tonight with my internet speeds. I'll check it out tomorrow. Let us know how shadow mode is.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
once i hit ready to start, i went in and shadow lab was there on the main menu under single player and multiplayer...

so uninstall/reinstall seems to be a success

Doukou

I just turned it on without doing anything and have shadows on but nothing else.
How many GB? I might delete/redownload. I'm kinda paranoid about losing my save though.

If you are worried about the save issue from before, its a lot different than what you seem to think. Its random in its occurrence, it may be something to do with the data not properly being saved server wise, and it doesn't delete your progress just actually stops anymore progress. I've had the issues a few times.

Is it me, or did it sound different from what we heard of her theme before? I dunno, I probably need to listen to it closely.

Also, I know that we rarely talked about it here. Since Season 2 is ending, what type of characters would you want in Season 3? I'd love to see another 'true' grappler.

I'd also like to see:

- Old Man from KI2 Training Mode

- 'Roxy Rave'/'Shadow' Orchid as the bonus character
Pics of these two?

vg260

How are patches applied? Maybe a silly question, but is there any benefit performance-wise in game with tons of patches applied over time versus just redownloading it all. Just thinking in terms of disk fragmentation/access time

Top Bottom