• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
If that's real than 'yay Season 3!'..but damn that Tusk art looks terrible. Let's hope it's an evolving design or something.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Why would promo material like that have so much negative space, no mention of season 3, incorrect angles and the E3 logo lol

But we did learn that if S3 comes, Tusk would be back facing! Infoooooo

My Sabrewulf shadow is apparently 0-3. So if anyone wants some free shadow points, challenge GT: SeventhGear. Also if you have any feedback on what it was like to play, that would be really interesting.

Yeah. Hopefully with season 3 they're able to set up some kind of tournament mode. We really should make a lobby of GAF players one day.

Oh, I was saying that because I don't have an XB1. :< Once I go in, I'm going to get wrecked, at least I think so. Lol

Edit: Guess this was posted on the KI forums. Not sure what to make of it.

That was a pretty obvious fake for many reasons. :x

Ont

I am genuinely surprised how much Shadow Lab adds to the game. Makes playing ranked matches more interesting when you can also feed good matches to your shadow. Also certainly a reason to start KI more often.

Okay Shadow Mode is pretty damn cool, it really was like fighting against a weird version of myself even though I can kick it's ass 9 outta 10 times. Few things different was I don't waste a Shadow Meter on a already down opponent and it doesn't change tactics on different things. But that's the cool part since it learns and you see how often you use this and that and it makes you wanna try and improve yourself. Also the Shadow Survival and Challenge are pretty fun too and a nice change from just the regular ones.

And some stages look kinda different....can't really explain it.

Doukou

Okay Shadow Mode is pretty damn cool, it really was like fighting against a weird version of myself even though I can kick it's ass 9 outta 10 times. Few things different was I don't waste a Shadow Meter on a already down opponent and it doesn't change tactics on different things. But that's the cool part since it learns and you see how often you use this and that and it makes you wanna try and improve yourself. Also the Shadow Survival and Challenge are pretty fun too and a nice change from just the regular ones.

And some stages look kinda different....can't really explain it.

Yah it's pretty fun to fight I think it can have some improvements.
Stages are glitches, if Thunder's looks like a brown desert reset your Xbox.

malfcn

Why is Orchids slide hitting me through a low block now? Have I forgot how to block, lol.
And the audio mix sounds different, like all the effects and music are way louder.

.la1n

Why is Orchids slide hitting me through a low block now? Have I forgot how to block, lol.
And the audio mix sounds different, like all the effects and music are way louder.

Audio mix still needs some work, Orchid's intro for example is still barely audible unless you crank voice to 100 (standard television speakers.)

.la1n

Are we expecting story mode to release earlier than a new character normally would? Also, have we seen any official statements on when they plan to incorporate the rest of the characters into shadows?

dankir

Man the lighting changed a lot in several stages! Kan-Ra's is much brighter, I just noticed the bug with Thunder's stage yesterday.

Looking to practice some more add me Gt is D O N K E R.

vg260

Are we expecting story mode to release earlier than a new character normally would? Also, have we seen any official statements on when they plan to incorporate the rest of the characters into shadows?

Yes & sometime in the future. Check out the latest text steam.

Ont

Wait..what?

They're not adding the other season 2 characters to shadow mode this season?

That would be...really stupid.

They are adding other characters to shadow mode, it is just that other characters were not ready for this update. I assume we get more of them when the story mode launches.

I have realised that one of the best things about shadow mode is the fact that it makes losing online matches more bearable. Even if you lose a close matchup, you still get to feed that shadow data into your shadow in order to make it better.

I feel like I am playing two different games at the same time. There is the fighting game in which I try to become better myself, and the other one is a weird Tamagotchi/fighting game/Mario Kart ghost mode hybrid.

remz

That feel when your brain switches on during the second round.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xyRemy/video/2900232

Honestly really like playing Hisako. Once you get rolling, feeling like you have so much control is fantastic.

I seriously think Shadow Mode is amazing. It's like a combination of a training tool and a baby raising/virtual pet type game. Seriously think it's sick as hell. I think playing my shadow/trying to make it better has massively improved my play. It'
s just fun in general playing against other shadows too. It can almost, almost feel like a real game.

BioFan

That feel when your brain switches on during the second round.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xyRemy/video/2900232

Honestly really like playing Hisako. Once you get rolling, feeling like you have so much control is fantastic.

I seriously think Shadow Mode is amazing. It's like a combination of a training tool and a baby raising/virtual pet type game. Seriously think it's sick as hell. I think playing my shadow/trying to make it better has massively improved my play. It'
s just fun in general playing against other shadows too. It can almost, almost feel like a real game.

I may not be a good KI player but I love watching people play KI. It's just so much fun.
I bought Hisako and her retro costume cos I love the char so much, but I'm not that good with her. She's a bit hard to use.
Just found out that I like Sadira(she is free this week), her style is just like how I like to play my fighting games. But will wait for a sale to get the complete edition.

Cyros

Discount for those that bought the Combo Breaker Disc

https://www.facebook.com/officialki...2770304140160/810840385666483/?type=1&theater

For our KI fans that bought the Killer Instinct Combo Breaker Pack (disc) at your local retailer, we have some great news! This week only, you can upgrade to the Killer Instinct Complete Collection for $40.00 USD – that’s 50% off. Make sure you have redeemed the TJ Combo character code that was included to see this offer in the Xbox Games Store.

After a few days of playing around in Shadow Mode, Iron Galaxy really hit it out of the park imo. I was kinda skeptical during the first mention of it a few months ago but it just works like it says it does. Even though you are a fighting an CPU, the tactics, combos, etc just feels WAYYYY better than fighting regular CPUs and it actually feels like fighting someone. I'm gonna see if it can learn tactics against other characters though since I've just been trying to just improve it here and there. Good Job Iron Galaxy, I hope they can add more cool modes like this or even expand Shadow Mode in the future. KI keeps growing into a better package each time. :)

The shadow stuff is rad.

I fought Jeff Gerstmann's Jago shadow, it was fun.

It was a nail biting 3 matches, but the third match I had against him was nuts. Haha.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RaySpencer/video/2890959

Wow that fight was by a hair and also I didn't know Jeff played KI lol. Kinda weird that the music doesn't kick in until the 2nd Round.

Did you...turn the music off?

DO YOU HAVE NO SOUL?

Edit: Oh it randomly kicked in half way through.

I can confirm your soul is still intact.

Yeah, not sure why the sound is bugged like that. Oh well!

Wow that fight was by a hair and also I didn't know Jeff played KI lol. Kinda weird that the music doesn't kick in until the 2nd Round.

I dont think Jeff plays it much, he just created the Shadow on UPF, and I wanted to see how I would fair against it.

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Hey,

I was wondering I'm not a pro or anything when it comes to fighting games, but for some reason I always enjoy them. I didn't really spend much time with KI in the past, but now for some reason I couldn't resist and bought season two. Now The menu everything is so new, to me this is like a completely new game. Last I played was like a year ago something. Time to get to tutorial again...

Hey,

I was wondering I'm not a pro or anything when it comes to fighting games, but for some reason I always enjoy them. I didn't really spend much time with KI in the past, but now for some reason I couldn't resist and bought season two. Now The menu everything is so new, to me this is like a completely new game. Last I played was like a year ago something. Time to get to tutorial again...
Now that Season 2 has ended, the game feels a lot more complete than it did a year ago so we hope you enjoy it. All the Season 2 characters add a lot of variety to the game so it's best to try them all! Also try Shadow Mode if you like any thing similar to a pet simulator in the form of a fighting game.

Hey,

If you want a really good guide to the game and characters, take a look at this guide

http://ki.infil.net/

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Now that Season 2 has ended, the game feels a lot more complete than it did a year ago so we hope you enjoy it. All the Season 2 characters add a lot of variety to the game so it's best to try them all! Also try Shadow Mode if you like any thing similar to a pet simulator in the form of a fighting game.

Thanks. For some reason I'm stuck with Sadira now. I really enjoy her movese, but I'm planning on checking out every character.

If you want a really good guide to the game and characters, take a look at this guide

http://ki.infil.net/

Thanks. I'm going to take a look at this.

So I just beat the #1 player on the leaderboards.

I think it might be time to change how this works because I'm really not that good at KI lol.

sangreal

Shadows are kinda like playing against humans except with Kyle level AI when it comes to combo breakers. Shit is so annoying and really just makes me not even want to play the mode, especially since they're immune to counter breakers.

Edit: Guess this was posted on the KI forums. Not sure what to make of it.

Looks like something out of fable

.la1n

I like the artwork for the loading screens and it's a welcome addition to have intro, rival, and ending cut scenes. I think with that and the new Shadow mode there is substantial single player content available to players as well.

I'll probably never complete the mural if a lot of the third requirements are difficult unfortunately :(

vg260

Dying for a double XP weekend.

But really props to the IG team for the work on season 2. I was skeptical when I first heard of them taking over, but love the work they have done.

Doukou

Someone pointed out that June 15th was on the newspaper. Release date maybe also one day before E3. TJ combo was announced one day before E3 also.

.la1n

Someone pointed out that June 15th was on the newspaper. Release date maybe also one day before E3. TJ combo was announced one day before E3 also.

That would be cool, and it's in line with the statement would see story mode earlier in the month than we did character releases. I wonder if it will follow the character release type schedule with ultra packs updating first or if this will be a universal update? I see no reason it wouldn't be universal.

DopeyFish

Or maybe june 15th is when season 3 will be announced.

Fyi MS conference is on the 15th

It's harder to pinpoint a patch time due to cert process..' but E3 stuff is planned well in advance

.la1n

I wouldn't think we'd hear any Season 3 news until EVO at the earliest. Even then I wouldn't think they'd have anything substantial to show since I am sure the team has been busy finishing Season 2.

I'd love to be wrong though. Either way I am sure they want to continue the momentum with the game and have Season 3 start this year.

Doukou

Or maybe june 15th is when season 3 will be announced.

Fyi MS conference is on the 15th

It's harder to pinpoint a patch time due to cert process..' but E3 stuff is planned well in advance

Yah my bad, I forgot that the conference is before the actual opening, so it seems way more plausible now.
Especially when you consider this was mostly made by Max, who wouldn't really have much knowledge about KI patch times so it being the release date seems a bit off.

I'm convinced

DopeyFish

I wouldn't think we'd hear any Season 3 news until EVO at the earliest. Even then I wouldn't think they'd have anything substantial to show since I am sure the team has been busy finishing Season 2.

I'd love to be wrong though. Either way I am sure they want to continue the momentum with the game and have Season 3 start this year.

Well... it depends entirely on if they launched right into making a new character right away or not.

If they were already working on it before hand, they'd be able to show off a new character by the 15th of june.

Hell... maybe they'll do something like the season 2 launch trailer but with no additional footage.

Or maybe they'll just outright announce season 3 without a trailer... just give an outline, pump the games tires a bit, announce a PC port and weeee, onto the next thing.

Jarlaxle

Excited for story mode. Overall, I think IG did a great job with season 2. I'll definitely be back for season 3. I honestly do love that each character feels unique but I would love to see a couple more easy to use characters for the next season.

Doukou

A CG trailer is possible even if its very unlikely, I doubt they have anything of Kim Wu or Tusk that looks presentable yet.

I feel like MS would want KI to lead into the Rare announcements of Battetoads and whatever seems to be the other game they are working on.

.la1n

A PC port would be a hype announcement.. I think it would be such a great thing for KI. It would expand the community and help get more people playing the game.

Top Bottom