• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

vg260

Most people play it for the gameplay, not for the hats.

The more people that buy the game, the more it helps the franchise. If it is available as a F2P game in Windows 10, it might attract a lot of casual purchasers. If they dabble with it and get turned off by overly grindy unlocks, it could very well turn them off enough to pass.

.la1n

Most people play it for the gameplay, not for the hats.

I agree 100% with you but as someone who has and still does put A LOT of time into playing the game, be it online or against others. I should not still have the majority of accessories locked away. I can't imagine anyone playing the game on a normal basis or even competitively ever seeing most of them, your forced to either grind or pay money.

Doukou

Eh stuff like color 9 was designed to be hard to get/rare. I don't think it was thought about that much that people would go for all. At the same time I got about 7 more left and I'm dreading it.
I wish something like a challenge mode existed, shadows are fun but maybe something other than direct 1 on 1 fighting.

Everyone talking about the grind. I have to start from scratch. I have to get every single character to level 50 from level 1. :')

When I get my XB1 in September that is. T-T

If it's 100% done you should buy KI on Xbox.com since it's on sale.

You getting the blue one?

drotahorror

Why am I so garbage with the dpad in this game? I always use the dpad in fighting games, but not KI. I've had my xb1 for 2 weeks and this is the first fighter I've played on it using the dpad. I actually really enjoy the xb1 dpad on platformers and whatnot but I can't do jack with it in KI.

Quarter circle inputs are just impossible. It's like it doesn't register diagonals. Been using the analog stick, but I don't want to.

Why am I so garbage with the dpad in this game? I always use the dpad in fighting games, but not KI. I've had my xb1 for 2 weeks and this is the first fighter I've played on it using the dpad. I actually really enjoy the xb1 dpad on platformers and whatnot but I can't do jack with it in KI.

Quarter circle inputs are just impossible. It's like it doesn't register diagonals. Been using the analog stick, but I don't want to.

Just needs some practice I guess since KI is pretty decent on XB1's D-Pad imho. I think you should practice doing the basic fighting motions(Hadouken, Shoryuken, etc on both sides) in training mode about 10 times in succession and repeat since I usually do that whenever I haven't played a fighter in a while. Hope that helps even a tiny bit dude.

Also imo, playing KI with the analog stick feels pretty great to me since I never really had problems with it. While I have the KI TE2 stick, I use the analog stick whenever I'm lazy and I use it a whole lot more than the D-Pad. For some people, it just takes getting used to but for me, playing lots of 360 fighters on the analog stick back then, it just works naturally.

If it's 100% done you should buy KI on Xbox.com since it's on sale.

You getting the blue one?

Oh, I'm seeing if I can. It'd be the best time as well.

Yes I am! I just want something nobody would get among my friends. Plus I love the color of blue.

drotahorror

Just needs some practice I guess since KI is pretty decent on XB1's D-Pad imho. I think you should practice doing the basic fighting motions(Hadouken, Shoryuken, etc on both sides) in training mode about 10 times in succession and repeat since I usually do that whenever I haven't played a fighter in a while. Hope that helps even a tiny bit dude.

Also imo, playing KI with the analog stick feels pretty great to me since I never really had problems with it. While I have the KI TE2 stick, I use the analog stick whenever I'm lazy and I use it a whole lot more than the D-Pad. For some people, it just takes getting used to but for me, playing lots of 360 fighters on the analog stick back then, it just works naturally.

The xb1 just won't recognize my diagonals. I can do quarter circle moves 99% of the time with the joystick and in other fighters with the dpad. I have the inputs turned on to be shown in gameplay, it might show me doing a diagonal motion once out of 10x. Never seen anything like it in any other fighter.

I actually found a thread somewhere else where dude was saying the diagonals aren't being recognized.

Thanks for the help though. KI still feels good on the analog stick.

Heatshade

Neo Member
Its becoming silent on the forum, they better start talking about season 3! (if there is one).

Also Silky still seems banned, will there be a new season 3 page?

.la1n

Its becoming silent on the forum, they better start talking about season 3! (if there is one).

Someone else will just take over thread duties if there is a season 3. Hopefully we'll hear something about it at EVO or Gamescom otherwise I can only assume all resources are working on the PC port and there is no season 3 this year.

KingBroly

Banned
Someone else will just take over thread duties if there is a season 3. Hopefully we'll hear something about it at EVO or Gamescom otherwise I can only assume all resources are working on the PC port and there is no season 3 this year.

I agree with the theory that Season 3 is going to happen around the time the PC port comes out.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

well... we have to see what is being shown off in 6 days

and even if only little there, adam did say they'd be at gamescom, which is less than a month from now.

Dai101

Banned
Full stream schedule for EVO

h7r1ffd.png

.la1n

Make sure you guys are watching EVO this weekend. Killer Instinct actually has a pretty good Japanese player turn out, they play the game completely different so should be fun to watch.

rrc1594

Make sure you guys are watching EVO this weekend. Killer Instinct actually has a pretty good Japanese player turn out, they play the game completely different so should be fun to watch.

Yeah they have a great Kan-Ra's over there. It would be really awesome if Japan took KI lol

remz

AAny place to watch some good footage out there? always up to see some more KI.

Timu

Bought the Season 2 Ultra Edition off of the Xbox site.

However I can't seem to connect to Xbox Live on my X1(yet I can perfectly on my 360), like when I set up my connection, it says I'm connected to the internet, but then I get a strict NAT and not once can I get to the Marketplace when I back out. Shame though as I really want to play this.

.la1n

AAny place to watch some good footage out there? always up to see some more KI.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4bVNTOgaOvySGtnLThpcEZpc2lJTXZBY2pHd2hvUWJSWWhv/view

stream schedule for EVO

all names at the top are twitch.tv/ ___name here___

Bought the Season 2 Ultra Edition off of the Xbox site.

However I can't seem to connect to Xbox Live on my X1(yet I can perfectly on my 360), like when I set up my connection, it says I'm connected to the internet, but then I get a strict NAT and not once can I get to the Marketplace when I back out. Shame though as I really want to play this.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11931

Great guide for configuring your router for best performance. I would recommend checking to see if UPnP is enabled first as that can help alleviate a lot of problems without going through port forwarding.

Timu

So I 1CC Killer Instinct 2 and got an achievement for doing that...I didn't know there was an achievement for that.

I'm maining Hisako, but I'm not good with her yet since I'm struggling against players with her. I faced this one Spinal player and his defense was good that I had a hard time connecting a single attack to link with other attacks to perform combos. I lack mixups when doing combos since I always get my opponent to do a combo breaker on me. Either they know when to do a combo breaker or my sequences of attacks are getting obvious.

Reposting my answer from the FGW thread(stupid phone):

I'm maining Hisako, but I'm not good with her yet since I'm struggling against players with her. I faced this one Spinal player and his defense was good that I had a hard time connecting a single attack to link with other attacks to perform combos. I lack mixups when doing combos since I always get my opponent to do a combo breaker on me. Either they know when to do a combo breaker or my sequences of attacks are getting obvious.

Doing combo breakers in Killer Instinct is all about recognizing attack animations and player habits.

If you find yourself getting combo broken a lot, try sticking some counter breakers into your arsenal, or do some manuals(links) in your combos. When you try a counter breaker, you don't have to do an attack prior, you can just throw it out after starting your combo. If your opponent likes to guess with their combo breakers when they start to get comboed, then they'll get hit by a counter breaker as you begin your combo. That should hopefully dissuade them from from guessing so much, because I've had a lot of my combos broken just from folks making the right guess in my combos right off the bat.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
¡HarlequinPanic!;172055654 said:
Have an engagement party saturday :[ do I just leave my pc on twitch to give a number to the stream and support KI?
I'm going to a local Ale fest RIGHT in the middle of fucking KI on Saturday. I'm gonna leave the stream up on my Xbox for support and pray the archive is up soon.

Yeah I'm thinking Microsoft gives season 3 more time and we won't see it until next year.

I concur.

I'm guessing maybe spring 2016 for season 3 and it'll launch with 6ish characters as opposed to 2.

It would be a good game for Microsoft to have over the summer as it gets updates and new characters.

Mechazawa

I'm playing the game for the first time and the qualifier matches are fucking brutal. Just dudes comboing me into submission in a corner all match long. And I guess a Spinal that either massively overestimated me or let me take off a health bar out of courtesy or something.

It doesn't help this is the first time since Virtua Fighter 5 Online released on 360 that I've had to use a gamepad.

.la1n

Yeah I'm thinking Microsoft gives season 3 more time and we won't see it until next year.

Well given the way they've delivered new seasons technically they could still launch this year. I don't expect anything at the panel but there's still gamescom. If nothing comes out then news wise then yeah I assume focus is on the PC port.

There's no stream apparently.

Edit: Poker's answer is better.

No stream but twitter.com/killerinstinct will be live tweeting it I think. And yes 2PM PST

I think Killer Instinct Central guys are there too, so they'll probably be live tweeting too. They just tweeted this and I'm excited:

http://i.imgur.com/ZNNLPBV.png[IMG]

[url]https://twitter.com/KI_Central/status/622140118665539584[/url][/QUOTE]

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Twitter updates then eventually some form of recorded video usually appears to be the norm for KI panels

Could complain... But KI at least has a panel lol that's more than most games get

Top Bottom