• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Dai101

Banned
For those interested here's the stream schedule for this weekend CEO

GrgJzIO.jpg

El Sabroso

So Iron Galaxy did Batman Arkham Knight on the PC and it's terrible right now. Not feeling great about KI PC now.

it's gonna use the porting tech from MS to bring it only on Win10 with DX12, they advertised that porting to PC is even as short as one day with that tech, I'm not worried at all for KI PC is gonna be all good

James G: We have received tons of feedback on leagues and definitely have some adjustments coming. The one thing I can talk about now (while not official yet), we are considering giving players the option to ‘requalify’, letting them start from scratch in qualifiers again and re-climb the ladders. How does that sound?

Praise the lord.

That textual stream made be a little nervous about season 3 actually happening.

This quote, "Lots of plans. Depends on KI’s future if they happen or not." is something that I don't know how to interpret. It doesn't sound super positive, at least to me.

.la1n

That textual stream made be a little nervous about season 3 actually happening.

This quote, "Lots of plans. Depends on KI’s future if they happen or not." is something that I don't know how to interpret. It doesn't sound super positive, at least to me.

Yeah that and the Shadow Jago quote of "before the end of the year" makes me think the bulk of the studios must be working on the PC port. Sounds like they don't have the go ahead to even do a season 3 yet.

hwalker84

Yeah that and the Shadow Jago quote of "before the end of the year" makes me think the bulk of the studios must be working on the PC port. Sounds like they don't have the go ahead to even do a season 3 yet.

Sounds more like Season 3 isn't coming this year Microsoft is giving them more time to polish Season 3 and they cannot talk about it yet.

.la1n

He got bodied, DAMN

Max always has a tough time at tournament especially on stream. Let's nerves get the best of him sometimes, I've always had the same problem.

Always nice to see him play though, hopefully he'll have some down time from work to get some practice in. His Omega Ken did surprisingly well against PR Balrog so he should be proud of that.

.la1n

CDJr couldn't make it out of pools with Maya, probably been playing too much MK X. Same for Rico.

To be fair I've played more MK X lately too.

rrc1594

I hope there is a shit load of people at EVO. I mean it's 50K and it's not hard to train for KI, because NetKode is so good. Someone came in 4th place at CEO and it was their first major he was a online warrior.

How can Season 1 characters compete? They need to be buffed. /s

I'm surprised at no Maya, and Jago's inclusion.

People complain way to much, just because S1 Characters have less options doesn't make them worse. I said this in the CEO thread most high level play you will see will come form S1 characters. I'm calling a Jago it will win EVO. Jagos are on the rise, and since he is the most SF chracters anyone who is new at the game will use him. Wait till that PC release it's going to be Jago land.

I hope there is a shit load of people at EVO. I mean it's 50K and it's not hard to train for KI, because NetKode is so good. Someone came in 4th place at CEO and it was their first major he was a online warrior.

People complain way to much, just because S1 Characters have less options doesn't make them worse. I said this in the CEO thread most high level play you will see will come form S1 characters. I'm calling a Jago it will win EVO. Jagos are on the rise, and since he is the most SF chracters anyone who is new at the game will use him. Wait till that PC release it's going to be Jago land.

Its already Jago land lol There is a lot of mid-level Jago's online, just not a lot of super high level Jagos.

As a wolf player I really wanted Paul B to win from the start.

Overall the tournament was great.

Can't wait to see the Pc version revitalise this game and get more players involved.

I watched all of Top 8. Damn, that was so good! I especially loved that Thunder Vs. Kan-Ra! That was my motivation right there. :)

Paul B!

Qualifier will match you with all different ranks. Once you finish 10 of those you'll get placed in a division.

Once you're in a division it will try to match you up with people in the same division as you. So if you're in bronze it'll try to match you with bronze, silver with silver and so on.

El Sabroso

first 5 matches are completely random, or at least it is until you beat ppl with gold or silver ranks, game is setting you on the rank if you win or lose against them, you can see the bars of the qualifier going where you will get until your 10 matches are done

Pachinko

Man, so EVO posted their pools and I'm basically the very first match of the day(for killer instinct which is running saturday only) . Kind of surreal that I signed up on a lark and now it's really actually honestly happening. Little bit embarrassing if I end up getting streamed :( I really need to practice a ton in the next couple weeks.

Either way, very much looking foward to going to vegas/evo in a couple weeks.

Doukou

Man, so EVO posted their pools and I'm basically the very first match of the day(for killer instinct which is running saturday only) . Kind of surreal that I signed up on a lark and now it's really actually honestly happening. Little bit embarrassing if I end up getting streamed :( I really need to practice a ton in the next couple weeks.

Either way, very much looking foward to going to vegas/evo in a couple weeks.

Pretty cool that you are the first match of the day. Hope you do well, will be rooting for you.

Pachinko

So I double checked the tournament times and it seems I'm not under the pressure of being the first match of the day, I'm merely the first match in my particular pool (10am, seems to be the second set of pools for KI on saturday)

Either way, not expecting too much other than hopefully a fun time. Thanks for any support either way though. :D

vg260

I always give up after a few levels, it's just too monotonous for me.

I mostly did it in the background while watching movies and TV series. Oddly enough Predator was on this weekend, so I did some while watching it again. I need to finish the S2 story stuff, but I really just wanna play MK instead now.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I still don't have a single fucking character at level 50 lol.

Did some grinding this weekend TJ is at 48, Glacius 44 and Jago 40 but yeah it is a monotonous chore. Rest of the cast is really far off. My busy season at work just ended so I haven't had time, barely touched the game in a couple months.

vg260

Even after the adjustments and with double XP, the time it takes to unlock all the items and colors is ridiculous.

If they want to grow their audience when this hits the PC, they should dial this stuff back. It's really frustrating and off-putting.

Skab

Even after the adjustments and with double XP, the time it takes to unlock all the items and colors is ridiculous.

If they want to grow their audience when this hits the PC, they should dial this stuff back. It's really frustrating and off-putting.

Most people play it for the gameplay, not for the hats.

Everyone talking about the grind. I have to start from scratch. I have to get every single character to level 50 from level 1. :')

When I get my XB1 in September that is. T-T

Top Bottom